Making the best of it!

Blueflower

Reaction score
I’m really trying to be positive about not being pregnant but it’s so hard. Our neighbours on either side of us have babies and it really rubs salt into the wound whenever you hear them cooing and talking to them, they sound so happy. I say that once I’m pregnant I will never complain about morning sickness or take the child for granted. I’m ready and prepared for all the sacrifices I’ll have to make!

However the other evening I was sitting in the garden on a comfy sun lounger with a cider and a book, it was bliss! Then on one side I heard the small baby screaming and the parents having to cope with it. Then on the other side I heard the older baby screaming in the bath upstairs and I laid back on my sun lounger, took another sip of cider, smiled to myself and thought “ha!” ;-)

Really hope you are in tri 1 soon hun, im waiting for you!!

On another note tho, morning sickness is hell, i can not wait for it to be ova, im a mess everyday lol.

Michelle. x

Haha blueflower that made me smile
I got down so many times before and it would only take for me to see a kid having a paddy in a shop or a baby crying and parents getting stressed to make me think, there are some upsides lol

However as Michelle said we will be thrilled to see you in Tr1 soon xx

This post made me smile...af arrived again today so I'll look forward to a few drinks over the weekend before moving house next Tuesday! :) x

I go through phases of being so sad and upset that its not happened yet but I've kind of learnt to just sit back, relax and enjoy what I have as one day soon I will be holding my baby in my arms!

Fingers crossed we're all in Tri 1 soon together hunni.

Sending big hugs and 'Cheers!' xx

Ha ha! This is so true! On fathers day hubby and I went for a meal (not realising when we booked it that it was fathers day) and although it was hard being around all the moms and kids cooing over the dads, i felt very lucky when we were eating our meal in peace and everyone else had a bunch of screaming, misbehaving kids with them! Felt quite smug ;) x

Hey blueflower, I deffo felt like that at times when ttc. I seemed to present at about 50 weddings throughout my time ttc, and was always sat at the table with pregnant folk or ones with babies. I would enjoy drinking endless amounts of wine and having a care free time while others couldn't drink or had to go feed the baby. I'm not saying I didn't feel sad inside but after a few drinks and a dance I would be having a grand ole time! It's always good to look on the positive side.

Like hayes says tho morning sickness (or evening sickness in my case) is hellish and you'll want to complain about it no matter how bad you wanted to get preggers. Sure it won't be long til you're in tri 1 complaining about it too xxx

I think that all the people in ltttc view the whole process differently. When I fell pregnant after trying for 15 months (which is not that long comparing to many in here) I remember I welcomed the morning sickness! Lol

I think you absolutely are doing the right thing by enjoying the moment!

I really hope you get your bfp soon!!!

xx

This is great! I'm going to start trying to make the best of it rather than just wishing my life away!x

You've certainly got to think of the positives sometimes, I have moments like this and its good to keep that balanced view!

Having said that I hope it's not too long before we all have babies crying and dribbling over us and maybe it'll be the neighbours turn to feel a little smug ;)

For now though I am also savouring being able to have a cold beer on these gorgeous hot days while I still can!

xxx

Really hope you are in tri 1 soon hun, im waiting for you!!

On another note tho, morning sickness is hell, i can not wait for it to be ova, im a mess everyday lol.

Michelle. x

Yeah morning sickness sounds horrendous, and you weren't complaining about it, just asking for advice about work! I don't think any of us LTTTC'ers would dare actually complain after waiting so long!

I've got a feeling you might be in Tri 2 before I'm in Tri 1 though! I'm out of the game already this month so only have 1 more chance! :|

Wherever i am hun, il always be cheering you on and waiting for you.

Trust me there have been sum days that i have been complaining lol, but kinda got use to it now!!

Michelle. x

That's a fab way to look at it! Just before we gave up we said right its not going to happen so let's enjoy life, having lay ins, holidays and money. It's a great attitude you have :) x

I think this is a fab attitude to have that cider sounds delish x

I have sort of always had this attitude some of the time, but also get very despondent at other times! I wish I could feel chilled out like that all the time! :lol: :merry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back