Things that make us feel better

ScotchEgg

Reaction score
So much sadness on here at the moment and I've been feeling it too, but today pork pie and I went for a lovely long walk in the winter sunshine and the bulbs are coming out, the sun was warm enough not to need a coat and everything smelled wonderful. I forgot for a while about everything and just thought about how wonderful it is to be alive

Any other nice thoughts to share on this beautiful day?

My kitty cheers me up when I feel like crap - she is such a little character.

I didn't even leave the house today, BUT a PJ has made me feel loads better :)

I tend to keep our place stocked up with flowers (mainly daff's - my absolute fave's) as I find blooming flowers so beautiful but also very metophoric...

My all time fave pick me up (other than the kitty) is a glass or two of something dry and white and a nice meal !!

xxxxxxxxx

I have had a fab weekend, I am getting married in 3.5 months so been getting invitations out topped with a trip to the hairdressers with friends to sort hair and makeup for the big day, that followed by a bottle or 2 of the bubbly kind

Great friends fantastic OH put a big smile on my face this weekend xxx

What a nice thread scotch! I also went for a lovely walk today, cold but bright and sunny. Went with my friend who is pregnant and had a great chat with her and has made me feel tons better. She's a true pal :wink:

It's a great feeling when you forgot the sadness for a bit and just appreciate life. We are so lucky to have our health (infertility aside) and supportive partners, I feel very grateful for that. Oh, and a lovely mum. I'm feeling very grateful for her lately esp since she had a wee health scare last week. I don't know what I'd do without her xxx

Starbucks! A latte always makes me feel better!

i good walk with the dogs or a bike ride always help to make me feel a little better when things are getting a bit much and wine a nice big glass of the pink stuff helps to xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Alwaystrying, Im getting married too in 7 months, its really exciting isnt it!! That always makes me feel better, we are getting married here in Tenerife and all the family and friends are coming so gonna be great...wedding stuff always cheers me up!! xxx

My brother in law and one of my best friends are engaged - I love the wedding talk :D:D:D

Great thread!

I had a great night out with my two friends and sister last night. We got glammed up and drank cocktails and danced the night away - it was fab.

Today I chatted to my sister who is away travelling in Thailand via Skype which was lovely - I'm so lucky for my lovely mum and two lil sisters - we are so close and for my fab OH of course, he's the greatest!

This afternoon sis and I watched Pollyanna in our hungover state and I was inspired by her sickly sweet 'glad game' - where she tries to make the best of any situation! I decided I was glad that even though I'd like to be pregnant I'd had a great night having a few drinks and I didn't have two babies to look after on top of a hangover - like one of my friends has!

Good luck with your weddings, girls - I loved every second of planning mine! Now that was an obsession I much preferred to this ttc one - at least I got somewhere!

xx

Like the thread! I had a great weekend. On Fri I had a girls meal where me and my closest friends got together for a chat and catch up for no reason. We had a lovely meal and didnt stop talking and laughing for hours. Yesterday my best (male) friend who has not been out for quite some time due to him having just had twins recently was back for a day at the football. We got the bus, had drinks and were back to the way we were. We ended up in a karaoke bar where my wonderful hubby came and joined us and we had such a laugh!

Today rather than us being hungover we went with the twins to there second visit to the swimming pool. Me and my hubby were able to share such a lovely experience with two gorgeous cuties and it showed me how good we can be when we get our own special baby!

I have such amazing friends, family and husband. I am blessed!

i am feeling quite chirpy as sitting on the sofa full to the brim with the most amazing dinner if i do say so myself!!

Hi girls I love this thread! I woke up yesterday and it was a gorgeous crisp day. I think that in life as long as you are healthy and happy and you have good support around you then you are made. I loved walking through our village yesterday with the Sun my hubby and meeting my family at our village pub for lunch with everyone. Add in a few glasses of wine and you have a perfect day. You can get so absorbed with ttc at times that you forget what is really important. I know one day it will happen for us all but for the time being I will do my best to love life xxxx

I'm feeling really good - it's my birthday tomorrow :yay:

Sat had a lovely family meal then went out drinking with my mate (male) and had a wonderful time jus laughing and joking x
Was really hungover yesterday and went to work cos they were really short and overtime on Sunday had to be done!

Now I'm on my way to aberdovey in north Wales for 4 night break with hubby :D

And sat going out for meal lunchtime with my pg best friend who I haven't seen since I left Bristol in oct! Then rugby followed by meal out and lots drinkies :) so all in all a good week ahead :D

:party: :cake: :party:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back