• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Make up name

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
I really want a name i like and no one else has or not many people. How would i go about making a name up? I have no idea how i could make a name up but i really want an unique one x

Well, I do know one couple that used I *think* the grandparents' initials and formed them into a name for their baby's middle name. I'd tell you what it was if I could remember! Maybe try the initials thing with certain family members/people important to you and see if you could arrange them into a name?

I've head of people using a combination of names to make up one name ?

My lil girl is called Ezziemai which I made up from esmeralda. combining names is a good way, you can take names of important people and use the letters to make up a name. xXx

Whats your OH's name? Could try using your name and his name together somehow? x

I know a couple, lee and adele... they called their little girl Leighel- mix of lee and adele, they just spelt it their own way. xxx

I think it's good to start with nicknames or shortened versions and then add you own endings, just so they can be shorten to something normal but are still unique.

Thats said the reason a name isn't heard of tends to speak for itself. Most completely made up names sounds like medicines :)

Or you could use a word associated with something else like Apple.

If it was me though, and i REALLY wanted something unheard of then i'd check out some fantasty book characters.

I made up a name - Rhaen, pronounced "rain" or "Ray-en" (not quite decided how to pronounce) that i really like but there isn't a chance in hell of my hubby letting me use it.

Last edited:
Louise I love that name!!!! I totally would have no idea of where to start tho :lol:

My LO's middle name is Aerith which Ezzie's dad chose and is a final fantasy character. Is that bad lol? xx

Thanks girls, i'm useless at putting names together and being very picky...too picky that i feel i will NEVER find a name i really like. I want to hear a name and KNOW its the one, i don't want to change my mind. My OH name is Barry. My mam and dads name is Michelle and Barry lol. Thanks Lander i will look at that now xxx

Last edited:
I think it's good to start with nicknames or shortened versions and then add you own endings, just so they can be shorten to something normal but are still unique.

Thats said the reason a name isn't heard of tends to speak for itself. Most completely made up names sounds like medicines :)

Or you could use a word associated with something else like Apple.

If it was me though, and i REALLY wanted something unheard of then i'd check out some fantasty book characters.

I made up a name - Rhaen, pronounced "rain" or "Ray-en" (not quite decided how to pronounce) that i really like but there isn't a chance in hell of my hubby letting me use it.

I love that!!

We saw a little girl the other day with her cosytoes that was embroidered with the name Myrrin I loved it & its a bit like Barry (2rrs & a y) & the M & i from Michelle with an N from shauna too x

I used to have 2 friends, sisters, called Rani and Tishan.
Never heard of them since!

Spelling words backwards can work too my mate named her little boy Larutan which is natural backwards :) xx

I've thought of some made-up names :) Mainly from online fantasy games so you're not alone Poxie_pixie!
I made one up for my World of Warcraft character: Xiapha (Pronounced Ex-ee-fa) She was a gnome! :lol: :lol:
I find it really easy, but my OH finds it even more easier to make up names. Just randomly say something, or type something and just change it around if it doesn't sound spot on :)

I like the spell something backwards. I was watching 16 & pregnant and her baby was going to be called nevaeh heaven spelt backwards. Really good idea that if you find the right word lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back