Lunch

ippa

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what you give you lo's for lunch as my friend think I'm weird!
I give Matthew a sandwich (cheese spread, chicken paste etc) a small handful of baby crisps and a yoghurt, he seems to love it!
My friends give their lo's proper meals, and the same at dinner!
I'm not saying anything is wrong I'm just intrigued as to what you lot do and think!?!
XxX

I change everyday, today Odhrán had a cheese roll and some rolled up salami on the side, I won't give him a heavy lunch if he is having an early dinner.. For lunches we would have, pasta, sandwich, finger foods, a jar if we're out and about, lots of different things x

I do the same, I don't give heavy lunches. He loves cheese and pickle sandwiches! Anything in a sandwich, spreads on crackerbreads, Cheese omelette etc...He always has a yoghurt and fruit with it too.

I've never thought of pickle Emma, is there a spread? x

Its branston pickle but the smooth version. I only give him a small amount just to give it a bit of taste. Its his favourite sandwich filling!

You can get small chunk and smooth pickle rather than the big chunks stuff.

I always worry that they don't get enough food if I give them finger food so always tend to give a big bowl of homemade soup with bread at lunchtime.

You could always give a chilled bowl of tuna pasta and sweetcorn. A light lunch but filling.

I must look out for it, thanks girls x

I worried with the finger foods at first too but I would always make up a bit more, it's easier now too because Odhrán can tell me if he's still hungry x

I do the sandwich thing too, lunch is our finger food time! Then tea is spoonfed mush :)

I mix it up a bit. Sometime we have a big lunch, like a proper meal, but then have something light for dinner or other times its just a sandwich for lunch and a big dinner. For lunch its just anything really, so omlette, or sandwich or pasta with bacon, sometimes potato wedges. Whatever we have enough of to cook really.

We're sandwich people for lunch too.
He has sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, half packet of crisps then he'll have proper cooked food for tea

i used to give veg for both but now she is older and can manage sandwhiches she has sandwhiches or pasta or ravaoli stuff like that xx

I'm a full meal for both still , we have tried sandwich lunches, but he gets most of it on the floor , gets tired trying and then stays hungryand is really wingy all afternoon and then throws his meal timing out for tea. I'm trying to rampup the mid morn and mid afternoon snacks, he has banana or snack pancakes , I give him bread after his meal or before if it's defrosting still! to help us move to sarnie lunch sometimes. He has toast for breakie sometimes, along with his porridge

Last edited:
Most of the time Noa have last nights left over for lunch and cooked full meal dinner so 2 meals. He have toast most mornings and fruits n natural youghurt during the day x

Tegan has a sandwhich or cheese on toast, a few baby crisps and some fruit then she eats whatever we eat for tea xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back