7 months - what meals?

loz

Reaction score
Emms is having 3 meals at the moment - porridge, chicken and veg or cauliflower cheese and then yoghurt and fruit. I am thinking that soon I will have to give her 2 meals of meat and veg and the fruit and yoghurt as snacks/ puddings soon.

What have other people done at 7 months? What snacks do you give? I tried a bit of toast the other day but was a bit worried that Emms might choke on it!!!

Have a wee look on the BLW thread. Lots of fantastic ideas there. Becky has things like toast, pitta, pasta and omlette now. Not tried her with any meat apart from ham yet though. She's a wee bit younger than Emm and she's managing fine - I was terrified at first but am much more confident now. :hug:

7 months - Cally was really having whatever we were having. Breakfast is/was either toast soldiers or mini weetabix softened in a little milk. Lunch was either sandwich (dairylea/ham/cheese/peanut butter etc) with some bits on the side (cherry tomatos, cucumber sticks etc) then dinner was what we had (spag bol, roast chicken and veg, macaroni cheese, chicken curry, pasta, salmon and cod etc etc). Snacks included organix crisps like the carrot sticks or sweetcorn rings, humzingers (fruit bars), rice cakes, fruit, and occasionally an organix biscuit.

Eva has been having baby rice cakes, Organix carrot stick things, small squares of toast or bread with butter or cream cheese, cubes of cheese recently as well as the banana and cooked fruit and veg that I have been giving her from the start.
She manages fine but I dont leave her alone while she is eating just in case - mostly she just gags a bit if something gets stuck and it comes back up, I think its something they have to learn so i try not to worry :D

Yeah, Corey has anything really.. he chews (with no teeth) really well :) I was shocked, hes choked once of twice, but always coughs it up again and goes back for more, so long as you watch her she will be fine!!

I give him bread sticks, rice cakes - because they do not contain milk, poor sod cant have alot. Fruit and vegies, he loves them all.

Then meals of puree'd meat and veg/sarnie. Porridge/weatabix/toast for breakfast... pita bread with anything in it really, plain pasta I give him, just make a bit extra when we have it and pop it in the fridge, then he an get hold of it - like spirals, or whatever and shovels them in!

Might feel like you are just dumping her at the deep end, but you'll be supprised how able she will be to keep afloat!! :D

Thanks for the replies - I have looked at some of the baby snacks but some of them have said on them not until 8 months. I think pitta and cream cheese sounds nice and quite easy. Rice cakes sounds good too. Do you have to soak bread sticks in milk or are they ok as they are?

What fruit are you guys doing now? I give Emms a lot of bananas, and she doesnt seem to like apples or pears very much, in puree or cooked sticks. I'm not sure what other fruit is ok for babs at 7 months, I dont want to give her a painful tummy!

I didnt know pasta was ok at this age - I bought some baby pasta but it said not until 8 months on the side?

Does uncooked cheese go down ok at this age? Also I though red meats were for when they are a bit older? I think I'm getting confused by it all!!! :oops:

Finlay adores cheese - I don't give him it too often though.

He also loves pasta. I use the little baby pasta, stars, and he likes it but I am going to try him on bigger stuff to get him chewing more.

I wondered about breadsticks too :lol:

We haven't tried red meat yet but have mince there to make some spag bol for him. He's had a little bit of chicken but he;s still at the stage of sucking flavour out of things so that doesn't work with chicken. He just needs to get used to it.

Fruit wise Finlay loves pineapple, mango. We;ve got melon to try and clemintines. Also he likes apple and pear pureed but we are going to try it solid too soon.

Lunch and dinner/tea don't both have to be meat and veg meals. I tend to only do meat based evening meals twice, maybe 3 times a week. When Galen starts being able to eat other things at six months I plan on doing the same with him. Other days we'll have non meat meals. Lunch may be pasta based, tea some fish or an omelette or some such. Meat does not have to be eaten every day and I'm going to start while LO is small with this so he will hopefully not expect meat meals so often and will also eat a wide variety of foods.

What I am trying to say is if you move away from meat based meals as being a daily thing you open the door to a huge variety of foods you might never really try or think of even. Not eating meat most days just means you start looking for new things to try :) Its often also cheaper and healthier cooking vegetable based meals.

Nah! I dont bother soaking break sticks or anything, just give them to him, he soaks them in his own dribble sucking and chewing on them! :lol:

I thought pretty much anything was OK to give them... though, I did think twice when I was handing him a raspberry to eat, wondering if actually he was aloud to have those?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back