loosing faith in the cheapie HPT's

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hi Girls, :wave:

I'm 10 DPO today and got a very faint line on a cheapie, the kind where you can only really see it if you hold it to the light, it was so light I thought I was imagining it so I did another and there was a pink blur in the area where the line should be......confused.com.......

So...I did another, then no line at all???

It's obviously really early to test but does anyone else get weird lines on cheapies?

xx

Always...i rarely get a ic without a line but its never a bfp. ive also had the pink blur, it sorta looks like a box dont it? i keep saying im not going to use them but i need something for my daily testing habit.

hope yours are the start of a bfp though. x

Yeah I guess I'll keep using them too!

No more tests today though!

xx

Its so frustrating though because as soon as you think you have something on one, you need to do another and before you know it they're all gone and you're running out for a fr which is bfn!! Then you're ordering some more..My oh saw another one 'brewing' on the bathroom windows ledge this moring and has proclaimed he is sick of the sight of them..men just dont understand the need to know.

Lots of luck this month though..I belive when I get a true bfp on a ic there will be no doubt at all. xx

Well I had the faint lines last month and then got faint but definitely there lines on 4 FRERS, I will wait til at least 12DPO to buy some more though, I promised Hubby I wouldn't test, I've kept it a secret!! I have a good 50 cheapies though......oh dear!!

I'm sure I'll know when I get a good strong BFP line on them too!

Good Luck to you this month, when do you test?

xx

I often get some sort of a line on them, sometimes even kind of pink. But I've come to the conclusion that if I can only see them in very good light or at certain angles etc they're bfn. I try to just pick them up, look at them at a normal reding distance and if there's no clear line visible after looking for 5 sec it's negative. After that I always look super closely from different angles and in different light :p If I see an evap it's like it gives me a little glimmer of hope at least, but I assume it's bfn, but it's just nice to think that maaaabe it's the start of a bfn. I read online that there will ALWAYS be something there on pregnancy tests when you look close enough because there is something there that's supposed to react with the colour, if you are pregnant, it's just more visible on some tests than on others. I'll definitely keep using IC's... just have to learn to not get excited unless there's an actual nice wide pink line that can be seen from a distance in normal light :p

Thank you..well Ive not had af since feb, stopped and started the pill that month and nothing since so I am intermittantly testing untill af does arrive..but it has turned into daily testing becuase of my 'symptoms'.

Having 4 lines on frer then af must have been horrible for you, hope you get a nice sticky bfp this month x. Secret testing is must..it makes it all the more exciting. my hubby once said stop testing and just wait to see if your tummy grows bigger(LOL)!

x

I have had a few lines on cheapies.

I just try to be really strict with the time - dip and 2 mins.

I know it says 5 (i think) but they are so sensitive that a couple of mins should be plenty.

After 2 mins, look and then dunk them in water so you can't check it again :)

Fingers crossed Maybe :hug:

Thanks Girls!

So I guess picking the strip bit out and holding it up to the light whilst wearing sunglasses :cool: to stop the glare doesn't count??

That wasn't even a joke lol!

Off to stick them back together and look at them in a normal light Lewa!

Louise, I just can't do the dunking thing, I need to compare with tomorrows!!

xx

I used some one pound tests when I first thought that I was pregnant and all either came back negative or with a reallyyy faint line so I just splashed out a tenner on a Clearblue test and got a definite positive :) I really don't believe that cheap tests are as good as expensive ones, well at least for early testing anyway. xx

ICs hate me they keep making me think theres something there. I am refusing to test after trying to squeeze the last pieces of ink left on the test to try and make the evap line pinker! I just ended up with wee wee fingers lol

ICs hate me they keep making me think theres something there. I am refusing to test after trying to squeeze the last pieces of ink left on the test to try and make the evap line pinker! I just ended up with wee wee fingers lol

:rofl:

I wonder howmany of us have done the pink felt thing..just to see what it would look like..not me:fib:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back