Cheapie Internet Tests - The Experiment

EllieBelle

Reaction score
I thought as I had so many internet cheapies (10 MIU ones from Ebay), that I would keep a track on how accurate they actual are, and how the line/colour changes as number of dpo's increases as I know a lot of you have asked previously if they are reliable and accurate!

So at 8 dpo - a very very faint line, had to squint a little to see it, and was very grey, thought it might be an evap line.
9 dpo, still very very faint, and still looked greyish, but sure it was slightly darker than previous day.
10 dpo - line visable without squinting (just), and slight pink colour, also line as thick as control line, but still very very faint. BFN on Clearblue Digital.
11 dpo - faint pink line - getting darker
12 & 13 dpo - A definite BFP but still not very dark line
14 dpo - BFP confirmed on Clearblue digital
15 dpo - Had bloods done at Dr's - 180 HCG level
16 dpo - dark line on cheapie test, but still nowhere near as dark as control line.

So ladies it would seem that they do actual work well, but take a while to show a dark line, and even when HCG is high, the line still doesnt get that dark (or didnt for me).

I also found they worked better with 2nd wee off the day, rather than using FMU.

I hope that helps a little with putting your minds at rest that they do work.

My doc told me that they use the same tests and that CB etc are just a waste of money, that your only paying for the brand name :D

I used them with my last pregnancy...at the line was dark....although...I was 1 week late when I used it then.

I used ebay 10mui cheapies...got a faint very faint mind line 7 days before period due, gradually got darker through the week x

did a cheppie got a faint pink line (without squinting)
but just did a tescos see a very faint line with squinting :think:

skairdykat said:
My doc told me that they use the same tests and that CB etc are just a waste of money, that your only paying for the brand name :D

You are also paying for the ease of use...

but other than that yeah its a rip off

I used an internet cheapie on Wednesday evening nogt with fmu and got my BFP then confirmed it with a clearblue digi :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back