Lines getting fainter on HPT..**update - ectopic pregnancy**

flisstebbs

Reaction score
Hi lovely ladies of tri1

I really am a mess of worrying, not helped by DH up all night as he is worried too. Did some hpts with a good concentrated fmu today to see if lines are getting any darker from friday's tests. Well, they're not and they're if anything fainter. I think I have to face it that the news on monday is not going to be good...

Any other experiences of this welcome, regardless of outcome, I want to be realistic as the EPU will be phoning me tomorrow at work and I will need to keep my head together.

By dates I should be 4-5 weeks (digi on fri said "1-2").

Attachments

• sun hpt.jpg
    sun hpt.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hi,

I've not been around for a few days so could I ask if you've had bleeding is that why the epu are calling? I've not had any experience of this but maybe hold off on the testing for a little bit and ask for some bloods which will give accurate readings over a few days and see if it has gone up much more accurately that hpts. Sorry I can't be more help and sorry you're having a worrying time xx

Last edited:
Thanks doob, I went to EPU on friday as I had 5 days of spotting from week ago thurs to this last monday gone. Was light and brown but I thought it was AF. Then I felt crap and sicky all week. Started doing my OPKs on what I thought was cd7 (thurs), very positive so did HPT, not really expecting a positive, but it was. Last year had a MMC at 12 weeks, so the EPU are doing 48hr hcg measurements (my sister is taking the second one today). They will phone with the result tomorrow...

I see. As hard as it is try to leave off the hpt as they're more likely to increase your anxiety Hun. I hope you get some positive news tomorrow fx xx

I don't have any experience of this but the only thing I can say is different hpts measure different concentrations of hcg so some are darker than others, I don't suggest you do any more hpts as I agree it will just add to your anxiety but am really hoping for good news for you over the next couple of days, as hard as it is try and rest and nap xxx

Hi Fliss - I really hope you get some good news tomorrow. Thinking of you xxx

Hi I hope you get good results tomorrow. I was just wondering if you were using the same brand of tests each time? I have 10 hpts that I took over 14 days! 8 of one brand (boots) and 2 of another (tesco). After I did the 8 boots tests, I took a tesco one and the line seemed lighter but the control line was lighter too. It was just the colour of the ink. Hope all is well for you!

Hi Hun is the test you did today the ics at the bottom of the pic? In my experience these always give lighter lines then branded tests. Best of luck at the epu x

The one at the top is tesco, and blue is IC (one step) and green is OPK. And yes, I am trying to do same brands.
OPKs do look like they are darker, and my sis looked at the tesco one today and thinks it is a bit darker. Think I'm just having a wobbly day, tears all over the place.

DH has never done so much DIY in one day ever!!

Last edited:
Hi lovely x my Tesco test with my LO was.never as dark as yours is in that pic xx

Hope u get good news tomorrow Xxxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Also the amount of ink in the tests can vary even in the same brand x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I really hope you get good news tomorrow hun xx

Hi lovely ladies of tri1

I really am a mess of worrying, not helped by DH up all night as he is worried too. Did some hpts with a good concentrated fmu today to see if lines are getting any darker from friday's tests. Well, they're not and they're if anything fainter. I think I have to face it that the news on monday is not going to be good...

Any other experiences of this welcome, regardless of outcome, I want to be realistic as the EPU will be phoning me tomorrow at work and I will need to keep my head together.

By dates I should be 4-5 weeks (digi on fri said "1-2").

Hi again hon,

Yes this has happened to me. I just read over my bfp announcement from November, and a few days after my bfp my lines got fainter and I assumed I was miscarrying again. In your other thread I told you I didn't get my digi bfp til 18 dpo - this was a week after getting an initial line. Between my first line, and first digi result, my lines got fainter and fainter. It was just like my other losses so naturally I assumed the worst.

Of course I realise how rare this actually is, and at the time I wasn't sure if I was crazy for thinking everything was going to work out ok, but it did. I think if I heard about this happening to anyone else I would be dubious, but it happened to me and it was my sticky after all xx

The one at the top is tesco, and blue is IC (one step) and green is OPK. And yes, I am trying to do same brands.
OPKs do look like they are darker, and my sis looked at the tesco one today and thinks it is a bit darker. Think I'm just having a wobbly day, tears all over the place.

DH has never done so much DIY in one day ever!!

I wouldn't worry too much about tests being faint especially the tesco ones. I almost didn't find out i was pregnant. I took a tesco pregnancy test and it came back what i thought was negative but the nest day it was just sticking out the bin and i saw a faint line then after a clear blue digital test it was all confirmed. I hope everything works out well though, my thoughts are with you.

Any news Hun? Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Argg! They ran the wrong sodding test on sunday!!!! :wall2: Don't know what is going on now. They tried to be reassuring that first hcg is 275 and progesterone is 53 (no wonder i feel suicidal!)

Going back tomorrow for another blood test....another couple of sleepless nights for me and DH :cry:

How infuriating hun!

Hang in there though

xxxxxxxx

Nat, do you know anything about progesterone levels and what they mean, that seems quite high to me, especially with the hcg only being 275?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back