Ectopic??

2184cat

Reaction score
Hi I am in a bit of a worry right now. I am not sure if I am having an ectopic pregnancy. I read up on them and have a few of the symptoms but the thing is, have I made myself get them by thinking the worse?

I have had abdomen cramps (like period pains but not quite as bad) all the way except for today (I am 5+4) I had what I though was impantation bleeding from about 4 weeks to 5 weeks. (Brown and not much of it sorry tmi)
Keep getting a nearly dead arm and hand and also odd bits of oins and needles.
Had a tiny bit of shoulder pain which only lasted about 30 seconds today and also yesterday.
Had on and off sharp shooting pains in my tummy and also down legs and arms very off and on
Today I have had a stomach pain that has been with me most of the day but I think it may be too high up for the usual idea of where the little bean may be...it is about 2 inches above my belly button and 3 inches to the left.

I am hoping and praying that I am just imagining the symptoms because I have recently read about them.

What do you all think? Any advice would be great. I haven't taken myself to the hospital yet as I gather it is too early to do a scan to see anything like that.

Just to add, I also haven't been able to go to the toilet today (so wondering if the stomach pain is related?

Last edited:
I dont really have any advice about this as it's not a subject I know a lot about but I just wanted to say that the hospital would be able to do a viability scan for you at 5 weeks. There would be no heartbeat etc but they would be able to see if the sac etc are in the correct place, maybe it would be worth calling your EPU tomorrow when they open. Good luck, hope all is well :) Sorry I couldn't be more help x

Thanks. I think I will do that as at least it will put my mind at rest. Really worried about it. :-(

I wouldn't worry too much at 5.5 weeks cramping and spotting is normal, if you were having an ectopic to have shoulder tip pain and pins and needles would mean that you were bleeding internally which only happens in ruptured ectopic pregnancies which usually are further on and by this point u would be in excruciating pain. Altho it's always better to be safe than sorry so if u are worried that something is wrong get it checked to be on the safe side xxx

I have had an ectopic and I didn't really have any symptoms apart from
Hcg levels not doubling like they should and some bleeding. I believe the shoulder pain etc comes a lot later than 5 weeks. A lot of what your describing can just be normal pregnancy symptoms but it's best to get checked out anyway. If you've been bleeding your doctor should send you for a scan. At 5.5 weeks they will be able to see if it is in the right place or not. I'm also worrying that I might be having another ectopic I'm only 17dpo but an going to go to the doctors tommorow and see if I can get in for a scan within next few weeks to put my mind at rest. Good luck xx

Hey Hun sorry your worried tri 1 is a horrible time isn't it. I had most f what your describing through tri 1 and I was especially worried about the cramps. I rang midwife and she said not to worry as if it were eptopic pain would be excruciating. So put me at rest. It's more than likely stretching etc but like the other girls have said if your worried speak to the doc or midwife when u see her for booking in app. I did and she booked me an earlier scan. Hope tha helps

Thank you so much guys. I'm still worried but you've pit my mind at rest q little. I will call my gp tomorrow x x

I would Hun just for peace of mind. They also said cramps are fine unless it's with fresh blood

Call the epu at the hospital hun and they'll give you an emergancy scan and also test you for a UTI.

UTIs are VERY painful and can affect other areas of your body pains too.

Just some advice tho in some areas (like mine) once you have an early scan that's it until 20 weeks

Feeling loads better today thanks guys. I called my gp and they said it all seemed normal but if I bled to call them immediately. You are all amazing and have really helped put my mind at rest. This is my first baby and I just can't help worry over everything. Thanks you all so much for your replies. xxxx

Glad your feeling a bit better Hun it's a bloody horrible time I'm so with you!! Think I'm not going to be happy until baby is in that Moses basket lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back