Line drying baby clothes?

Lynds77

Reaction score
I should probably put this in the stupid question thread........

I have a bit of a thing about hanging out clothes. is anyone else worried about little beasties getting on babies clothes or tiny amounts of bird poop that are too small to notice?

i think I will have to tumble dry everything..

We don't have a tumble drier.... so if the weather is nice I will line dry as I love the smell of freshly aired clothes. I am going to iron everything before putting it away though so I should catch insects....

i never iron unless its something I am wearing on a night out!

it just freaks me out a bit thinking there could be nasties on the babies clothes

I usually tumble dry everything, but as it was nice yesterday I hung all my washing out on the line and OMG what a difference in smell, it smells amazinggggg dried outside, so I'll be drying LO's clothes out there!

I think (as horrible as it sounds and I'm sorry!) if you worry too much about them catching little things, they'll be more ill as they won't build up an immunity to stuff.
That makes me sounds really filthy and dirty but you know what i mean hopefully!!!

I know what you mean.

I am sure it all stems from my sister pulling out a pair of pants from her drawer when we were kids and finding hundreds of tiny baby spiders in them! ARGHH!!! a spider must have laid eggs on them whilst they were on the line.
I mean imagine if she had put them on just before they hatched? f**k

I usually tumble dry everything, but as it was nice yesterday I hung all my washing out on the line and OMG what a difference in smell, it smells amazinggggg dried outside, so I'll be drying LO's clothes out there!

I think (as horrible as it sounds and I'm sorry!) if you worry too much about them catching little things, they'll be more ill as they won't build up an immunity to stuff.
That makes me sounds really filthy and dirty but you know what i mean hopefully!!!

It smells devine doesn't it!!

As for bugs I can be OCD but my hubby is all for letting LO explore and be a bit exposed to bugs in a controlled way not in a irresponsible way iykwim.....xx

It smells devine doesn't it!!

As for bugs I can be OCD but my hubby is all for letting LO explore and be a bit exposed to bugs in a controlled way not in a irresponsible way iykwim.....xx

Yes! it does!!

Yeah bugs aren't nice. and I'm the same, I'm not going to be one of these mummies that are like NOOO don't touch this, don't do that, I'll just let him explore, I'll always have wetwipes on me if need be to keep his hands clean! :D

I know what you mean.

I am sure it all stems from my sister pulling out a pair of pants from her drawer when we were kids and finding hundreds of tiny baby spiders in them! ARGHH!!! a spider must have laid eggs on them whilst they were on the line.

This has actually traumatized me!!

I can't cope with spiders at all. I was bitten by one 4yrs ago and for 2yrs, the part of my hand where I was bitten kept flaring up. It would go all itchy and then dozens of tiny little blisters would appear on my hand, it was horrendous!!
I will inspect my knickers now after reading that - and I don't even hang my washing outside!! Lol.

BUT back to the subject, if I could hang my washing outside, I would, cuz I love the smell. But we live in an apartment and hang it on a clothes horse in the bathroom. Still smells nice but nothing beats the freshness of outside :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

ive hung stuff out when the weather has been nice, as everyone says smells soo much better x

I love hanging my washing outside, however .... I have a completely ridiculous and yet very real phobia of ladybirds so its like dicing with death everytime I go out there to bring it in :shock:

I know what you mean.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I know what you mean.

Oh my actual God! :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I know!!!!!

no wonder I am scarred for life. although I suppose the spider could have easily of crawled into the drawer to lay its eggs, but I am convinced it was when they were on the line.

Lol, Sorry but this post is making me laugh so much!
Im so glad my only phobia is of snakes, so dont need to worry too much about finding one of them in my pants,lol!
I'm a total saddo and love to see my washing drying out in the breeze, so I will definitely be drying lo's clothes outside when possible.
Totally agree about kids having to be allowed to get dirty and explore, its how they learn and build immunity.
I used to work in a nursery and hated when parents sent their kids in 'good' clothes with strict instructions, not to let them paint or play in the garden in case they got messy. Really? Wheres the fun in staying clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back