Another laundry question! Where do you dry your clothes?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
May seem like a bit of a silly question but as mummies we all have so much washing to do, so where do you dry your clothes in winter? Summer is fine as we have a garden with a rotary washing line but I really struggle in winter. I don't have a utility room and basically have to stick the clothes horse wherever I can. And even with the heating on I find it takes about 2 days for the clothes to dry fully. So basically I've permanently got a bloody clothes horse on display! It drives me nuts! I was putting it in poppy's room but now we've moved her in there from our room I don't want to anymore. I don't really want to have it downstairs either as it drives me nuts so today i've put it in the bathroom.
Our washing machine is actually a washer/dryer but the dryer takes about 2 hours to dry things and with the sheer amount of washing, i'd rather not be using it all the time.

What do you ladies do? Any tips on drying clothes quicker?!

Sorry hun, I use airers too :( seems like we've always got washing hanging around, by the time it drys, you're ready to hang up some more! Roll on Summer! Unfortunately I don't think there's any magic solution, but if you find one, I'd be very interested :D x x

Im naughty & use the tumble dryer most of the time! if i put clothes on the airer she pulls them off & scatters them all over the house! xx

Have you got a car? When I had the car is do as much washing as I could as once and have a trip to the laundry. It's take about half hour to do 3 loads and about £5. It saved my sanity! I've borrowed my parents tumble dryer now and so that's in the shed but I try to only use it once or twice a week.

I only have a shared garden, so no hanging out clothes for us. We have a drier, tbh I hate it coz it makes some noise & makes the house really warm, and as you said...it takes like 2 hours to dry only a small amt of clothes. I put majority of stuff in drier (some stuff cant go in) & big towels & sheets, I fold them up & put them over the wee radiator hanger things you get. When the driers been broke we've had to hang things all over the house & its a nightmare, I hate it. My close friend she hangs everything...in her livingroom, its embarrasing coz she normally has bras & OH's boxers hanging up when you go in

:oooo:

I have lots of radiator airers a and do my washing late afternoon as heating is on overnight etc with a newborn and then stuff is often dry by morning. House does temporarily look like a Chinese laundry but its short term. Also hang big stuff over doors leaving clothes horse for small stuff which dries better and don't over fill airer either as slows drying.

Ah well, looks like everyone does pretty much the same and I'll have to put up with it :) AugustMum we only have one car which OH uses for work everyday, but otherwise that's a good idea!

In the garden in the Summer and on theairers/radiators in the Winter x

Yeah I use airers and then stick it in the tumble dryer to finish off the drying process xxx

i take all mine to the landrette and get it dried! costs 2quid for half an hr and the lovely lady folds them all nice!! i got sick of out house being cluttered with wet clothes that took days to dry!!! lol

We use the drier all the time too. I usually do our laundry at the same time so I don't feel like I'm overusing it!

If youre hanging wet laundry on radiators - or for that matter drying wet clothes in a house where there is heating on, just be really careful you dot get a damp problem. We did this at uni and suffered with a bad mould problem. If you're doing this, the best thing to do is buy a dehumidifier to leave in all the time which will take the damp out of the air.

We mostly use the dryer in the winter and hang the washing outside in the summer x x

I got a new dryer just before lo was born as old one broke and also took ages like you said. So if you can manage it I highly recommend. It drys a full load in half and hour, make sure it's a vented one though and not a condenser.
I couldn't do without it now!!! Jan sales???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back