Light period after chemical pregnancy?

BunnyN

Reaction score
I think it is possible I had a chemical pregnancy but I cant be sure. I have read descriptions of a period after a chemical pregnancy as being longer and heavier with bad cramping and large blood clots but mine wasn't like that.

My period arrived a couple of days late and lasted less than two days (4 is normal for me). It was not quite as heavy as normal but there were a lot of very small blood clots. I had much more cramping than normal but I usually get next to none so it wasn't really bad. The bleeding stopped completely for two days and now I seem to be spotting again, well I wouldn't even call it spotting, just light brown CM, but it must be caused by blood and it wasn't there for the last two days.

Anyway as I say I'm not sure I was pregnant at all but I think it's possible and this period has been a bit weird, I was just wondering what other womens experience of their period after a chemical pregnancy was. Are they always heavier and longer than normal or has anyone had a short, light period?

Last edited:
I usually bleed for 5+ days - when I had my chemical last month i bled for 2 days only, reasonably heavy with clots. This month it's very heavy again with clots - was worried it didn't all come out but all seems okay now. So sorry if this has happened to you, you might have a long or unusual cycle next month xx

Thank you for answering, I'm sorry you have had experience with this. I should say although my period was lighter than normal it was still medium/heavy it's just I usually have heavy periods. It was the large amount of blood clots and it being so short I found strange. It's been a very strange couple of weeks for my body and my emotions in general. This forum is very supportive and helpful.

Hey! :wave:

I had a chemical pregnancy last month and my blood loss was very similar to a normal period. It was slightly heavier at first but was then pretty normal. I didn't have any unusual pains either. I'm still waiting to see what my cycles are going to be like after this - I think I ov'd on CD21 and am currently on CD27. My Luteal phase is usually 14 or 15 days so it looks like my AF should come on day 36 which is a pain in the bum. I hope the witch stays away, but I'm not hopeful :(

Good luck with everything Bunny xx

Hope it goes well for you this month, sorry about the chemical pregnancy. I appreciate others sharing their experiences, it helps when your not sure what's going on.

Hey, just found this, I think I had a cp last month, my period was bright red and watery, lasted longer than normal but would stop in the middle, on some days I would get a couple of hours with no bleeding, it was very strange and like you said my emotions were all over the place especially as its so early it feels like I was upset over something that never really was. Now it looks like I am ovulating on day 10 so it def messes your body up, I am hoping though that I am super fertile this month following and for a bfp that stays xxx

I was right! The witch got me on the 6th Aug which would make that a 36 day cycle after my CP. I'm now on CD 17 and think I may have ov'd yesterday although I have ov pains today too. It's hard to tell what is EWCM and what is...ahem, sperm (TMI) when you are dtd all of the time!

I was really emotional around the time of my CP. Getting so many BFPs to BFNs to AF in the space of a week or so is just cruel :(

Sorry to hear that It certainly is a cruel trick played by mother nature especially when you get all the signs and feel rough so know you are pregnant, if I hadn't have felt I'll so early I would never have known. It gets me though that you aren't meant to get stressed out when trying and then things like that happen!

Ive just had cp too and only found out due to early poas! Never again! And just had erpc 5 weeks ago. Grr. AF came Monday and I noticed it has been heavier than normal but today starting to be one lighter n brown (sorry if tmi) signally AF coming to an end. I think this may be so due to erpc though. Hoping to get back to normal ASAP to continue ttc. I don't chart ov or temp I just see what happens naturally so I wonder if my cycle will change. Sorry to hear of your losses too it's horrible the way it happens! Love and hugs to u all xXx

We don't chart anything either just try for the whole month so we don't miss it, this is the month following my cp and looks like I ovulated on day 10 by cm but will have to see how the month progresses, we are not waiting the month as some gps advise, I do have an app tomorrow though just to make sure everything is ok, well as it can be. It's nice to have someone to talk to that is going through a similar thing at the same time though. Xxx

Hope everything goes good Nic and fx for you this month! Let me know how u get on! xx

Last edited:
You too, hope everything is back to normal for you soon and hey let's hope that after going through that we are super fertile! I will do, same with you, keep me posted xxx

We aren't charting either. We're just going on when I think I'm ovulating as I get ov pains and EWCM. Luckily it seems like I have ov'd at my normal time (CD16 ish) unlike last month when it was CD21.

Good luck girls! Let's keep each other strong when it comes to testing time! I didn't used to be a poas addict but think I could well be turning into one - I really don't want that heartache again though, I'd rather not know and wait for AF due date.

:dust:

Last edited:
Let us know how u get on Lucia! I have turned into a poas addict too but then realised because I tested early I had a cp. So I will not be a poas addict this cycle and have told my husband not to let me anywhere near any tests even in shops! I know what u mean about heartbreak. I'm trying to stay positive and hopefully my third time ttc will be lucky for us and we get a sticky bean! Good luck to u xx

Just thought I'd update- got a BFP this month! I'm almost a week late now. It's been a crazy couple of months. The experiences other women shared really helped me last month. I'm sure loosing a baby later in pregnancy is way worse in most ways but part of what's so hard about a chemical is that you don't know how to feel, it's such a huge deal and such a small one at the same time and it's hard for other people to understand unless they have been through a similar experience. In my case I'm not even sure I was pregnant as never got a proper BFP. I had symptoms that seemed so much like pregnancy symptoms but would have been unusually early if they were. I tested very early and got what might have been a faint positive, or just an evap, I wasn't too bothered because I just thought I was testing too early and decided to wait longer to test again, then my symptoms stopped and I got my period. I actually kind of wish I had tested more because I might have known for sure which I think would be better than thinking it was probably a CP but not being sure. This month symptoms are starting much later but do feel quite similar. I waited until I was two days late to test because I felt kind of silly for thinking I might be pregnant again, the very next month and I didn't want to get my hopes up. I was even worried about getting too excited when I first got my BFP in case things went wrong but I've decided I should just enjoy it and not spend my time worrying, if something goes wrong I'll deal with it then, chances are ever thing will be fine and I don't want to waist my whole pregnancy stressing about it. So I'm totally excited now!:dance:

Thanks to everyone for sharing and hope you get your sticky beans soon!

Congrats BunnyN, I am very happy for you. Enjoy your pregnancy and don't worry (I'm the one talking.... I freak out at every single thing, I am lucky that my OH is there to calm me down :))

Yeh, I'm trying hard not to freak out at all the little things, I'm doing really well so far, almost freaked out this morning because of tummy pains but think it was just gas lol!

Congrats, I am so pleased for you. I am in the exact same position, not knowing for sure, it really is horrible and I agree that it is so difficult as its like loosing something you never really had but want so much I just don't really know how your meant to feel. Support and similar experiences on here have kept me strong over the last couple of weeks though, thnk you all and let's hope we all follow in bunnyn's footsteps soon and get bfp's that stay xxx

I'll be thinking of you Nic123. Be positive, it will soon happen for you too :)
The important thing is to never give up.
A couple of very good friend of mine wanted badly to have a baby. I remember her loosing 4 pregnancies, one after another. And the worse part was she lost them all after hearing their hart beat. They were devastated, especially her. After the fourth mc she ended up in the hospital. She had a condition that did not allow the fetus to develop beyond three months. She have a treatment and now she is the proud mom of a 1.4 years old gorgeous baby boy. They never gave up and that was the most important thing.
So, there is always hope and things always go right, in the end.
Be positive, and keep trying :)
big hugs to you

Hi Krissedith!

It is so good to read that there is still so much hope! I thought that there is not much doctors can do if you keep losing the smarties in the early stages but it sounds like there is still hope!

THANKS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back