Just need a comparison...1st AF after Mc

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
First I moaned I had no AF after mc...was on CD53 then AF started, so light no tampons necessary just continual light spotting from dark brown to light brown...

Now AF won't go away!!

I have had 14 days of continuous spotting, has anyone had anything similar? It's so light but it's there every day.

I'm not having any period cramping but slight twinges. I have endo so could this be it? Xx

:hug: that sucks hun. 14 day long AFs can't be much fun.

I didn't personally have a long one after mc, I was quite lucky in that it went pretty much back to normal. Perhaps a visit to the GP might give you some answers?

Hope it stops soon for you xxx

My first AF was extremely heavy and lasted 5 days rather than my usual 7. I would say maybe it is worth talking to ur doctor about it xx

mine was heavy but normal in length, could be the endo, a trip to the docs wouldn't be unreasonable hun, just to check it out xx

Hi Sunbeam,
my first af was pretty light, more than spotting but was light, about 4 days.
(docs told me to expect it to be heavy after erpc).
But then 2 1/2 weeks later (yesterday) I came on again, and this time with a vengeance!! So heavy and painful, one of the heaviest periods Ive ever had.
So maybe a heavier one for you will follow?
I dont know I think everytime is different and effects everyones body different, I didnt have this last time?
But anyway, hoe that helps to give you a bit of a comparison. xxxx

Thanks ladies :)

I think having endo isn't helping, I was hoping for a really heavy AF so I kind of flushed out everything but it's bizarre, it's like watery stained blood (sorry tmi) I spoke to the doctor last week and she said it was all normal but that would have been 9days of AF but I'm up to 15 now.

Ah corrine 2 AF so close together is plain mean! Ive been taking supplements so hopefully I can regulate it, I have to wait 3 months before I can go see the doctor so hoping it might work before then :) xx

I know! It s not so much the time gap but I have never been in so much pain with a period - this is wiping me out!

What supplements are you taking? Can you try to ring the dr secretary to see if they will appt forward for you? It worked for me,I have apt in cple of weeks. xxx

The pregnancyloss website was informative about what should be a normal period after pregnancy and one that isnt. I think my hormones are not quite right since mc and as I haven't had bloods since I'm None the wiser. I have started taking AC, epo & vitB complex when i started spotting so hopefully it will help AF, I never had D&C so if this continues I will go back to the docs but I feel like some hyperchondriac!

Did you have a D&C? Otherwise might be just remaining tissue you have passed? God i hate my stupid body right now I just want to be normal!xx

aww sorry to hear that hun, didnt wanna read and run i had a normal but painful period after MC ( NAturally ) lasted about 7 days? xx hope it clears up soon for you

The pregnancyloss website was informative about what should be a normal period after pregnancy and one that isnt. I think my hormones are not quite right since mc and as I haven't had bloods since I'm None the wiser. I have started taking AC, epo & vitB complex when i started spotting so hopefully it will help AF, I never had D&C so if this continues I will go back to the docs but I feel like some hyperchondriac!

Did you have a D&C? Otherwise might be just remaining tissue you have passed? God i hate my stupid body right now I just want to be normal!xx

Yes I had D & C- 7 wks ago today though! But yes still really really heavy, I mean really heavy.I am going through pj bottoms as when asleep cant change tampon and pad often enough (need to every hour)- sorry tmi.
Never had this last time, but I know last month something wasnt right with my cycle, cloudy cm allway thorugh, and felt really emotional, felt like I did when MC had just happened, (made a thread November to November as felt so bad) and thought whats going on then this heavy bleed explains it all - all my hormones - and yes I think its just remains of everything now coming away - hopefully my body will be back to normal next month!!
How s it with you Sunbeam? xx

Lynette-thanks it helps to get a comparison so I'm hoping me next AF will be normal.

Spotting has finally stopped. I mistakenly did an opk test instead of a hpt strip this morning...what an idiot. Talk about false hope, I got a line and thought...omg bfp...idiot idiot idiot! Nearly cried when I realised it said LH on the strip not Hcg, never do tests until you are fully awake :(

Corrine sounds like you have been through the mill, I hope it returns to normal for you. Apparently if your bleeding heavily still a sign of hormones are playing up so make sure you go to docs if it continues.

My spotting has stopped today!but it's hardly CM, I have a break out of acne which indicates Ov but given lack of ewcm I think my cycle is not still right but it's really a waiting game and testing all my patience!

I keep working last few weeks with newly pg ladies, I'm fine until they start comparing notes and then I'm like "is someone playing a joke on me?!" at least I can joke about it with oh otherwise I would be on a slippery slope to loosing my marbles!

Well Halloween today and I blinking well played a trick on myself.,.boo!

;) xx

Yes I had D & C- 7 wks ago today though! But yes still really really heavy, I mean really heavy.I am going through pj bottoms as when asleep cant change tampon and pad often enough (need to every hour)- sorry tmi.
Never had this last time, but I know last month something wasnt right with my cycle, cloudy cm allway thorugh, and felt really emotional, felt like I did when MC had just happened, (made a thread November to November as felt so bad) and thought whats going on then this heavy bleed explains it all - all my hormones - and yes I think its just remains of everything now coming away - hopefully my body will be back to normal next month!!
Glad u posted this it sounds identical to me now re heavy n changing every hr etc I think ur right its just our bodys having a clear out iv found ibruprofen helps plus wearing "nighttime " absorbancy pads x

Good to read I'm not alone!

I have had only what I can describe as small amounts of blood in the morning when I wipe, usually with dark blood and that's it for the day, it's been 11 days now and still no proper af, is this normal?x

Good to read I'm not alone!

I have had only what I can describe as small amounts of blood in the morning when I wipe, usually with dark blood and that's it for the day, it's been 11 days now and still no proper af, is this normal?x

Im no sure twinkles, but i think anything is kinda 'normal' after mc when your body is sorting itself out.xx

Glad u posted this it sounds identical to me now re heavy n changing every hr etc I think ur right its just our bodys having a clear out iv found ibruprofen helps plus wearing "nighttime " absorbancy pads x

have you had the same then too K8, mine has calmed right down again now and not feeling so emotional!! xx

Corrine sounds like you have been through the mill, I hope it returns to normal for you. Apparently if your bleeding heavily still a sign of hormones are playing up so make sure you go to docs if it continues.

yes def hormones playing me about!!! Had 3 day of really heavy period and clots, now just very light, nit much there at all, comes and goes. So on its way out and not feeling so hormonal!! yay! xx

It's an odd relief when the hormones fade, I was really emotional till mid october, so up and down I still won't drink too much incase I start bawling or say something out loud...I'm fine normally but still too much of a risk!

I have had really dull aches and a break out on my face so fx I'm ovulating, so I'm in a 2ww for AF...I bloody hope so!

Oh is away, I'm working odd hours so unless it's a miraculous conception I don't think I will be close to catching a bfp till next year now but if my cycles come back that will make me happy. Funny the things we wish for!

Hope you feel better now xxx

Well with my period I had the initial bleeding after the termination. And then waited 52 days from termination date for my period to arrive. I had ridiculously heavy having to change nighttime absorbancy pads every half hr to hour for 5 days n then it went to normal heavy period type. That lasted about 3 days n then I had one day where I didn't need a pad just a liner n last day or two (now day 11 of this stupid period) I'm changing a normal pad about every 5 hrs but now its mostly brown blood n a bit manky hoping it will stop soon. I hate wearing pads too I seats feel dirty I normally use tampons but they told me that for first period it had to be pads. Grr hopefully it will go soon

It's 4 weeks today since my m/c, and expecting my af anyday...no sign of it so far. This might sound weird but I always coincide with the full moon, and it's full moon tonight so maybe...........
I have got rather amorous with my hubby on a couple of occasions since m/c, but I'm nearly 100% certain I haven't ovulated or if I have then nothing has happened! Really don't want to have to wait any longer for af, as want to get right back on track!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the mc I don't like the idea using tampons anymore, weird!!! I have only used tampons since I was 14 I'm not sure why because I felt the same using towels esp when I started to loose the lining but I'm not sure what's changed my mind set at the moment and I have boxes of blinkin tampons!

Ah it sounds as though your AF has come bAck with a vengeance K8.

Sorry for your loss karolina, I hope AF turns up soon otherwise its just adds to the stress. Your supposedly more flirty and. Sex drive is higher around ovulation so maybe you have ov'd at the moment?xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back