First period after pregnancy

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Started my first period yesterday after having Ruby.

I had a c section and bled for around 2 weeks after having her....Bleeding started normal for me yesterday-quite light. I never have heavy periods, ever. Tonight the flow has got much heavier...too heavy for my normal tampon, and even had clots when I wiped (sorry if TMI??!!! :oops: )

Is this normal, to have a heavier period after child birth???? :think:

I have put a maternity pad on as well as tampon now, but I am a bit worried........

my first period after having madi was really heavy i had to were to night time pads at a time :oops: :shock: i was like if for ten days :(

if you are worried though speak to you gp :hug:

my first one after keeley was really light but as the months have gone on they have got heavier and heavier.... i saw my gp and apparently its somethin to do with hormones :?

if your worried speak to your gp hun :hug:

I have just recently had my first period since ellouise...

i only bled REALLY lightly after i gave birth...

this period has been REALLY heavy and i had clots too...

im puttin it down to the fact i hadnt had a period for 8 weeks...

yer i have vertually no blood after my c section then my first period was the worst ever :think:

perhaps its a section related thing then? :think:

Phew, thanks girls, its really reassured me, especially fellow c section mommies had heavy ones too...

Will see how I get on, and ring GP if it gets any worse xxxx

Thanks girls, dont know what I would do without you xxx :hug:

mine have been really heavy too and i had a section. i have been using super tampons and night time towels and having to change at least every 2 hours for the first 2-3 days of my period. think i will go to docs next week if they are still the same next month! the joys of being a lady!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back