Life after the pill.....

OneDay

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm pretty new to all this, already finding out a lot of information from reading posts. It's great.

Me and my OH are in discussion about when I should come off the pill.

I keep trying to tell him that it can take upto 6 months for my body to fully return to normal but he seems to think that as soon as I come off the pill I will get pregnant.

I know all you are currently TTC so I was hoping you may be able to share your experiences with me?

Thanks

I wouldn't know personally as I was only on the pill for about 4-5 weeks total and I'm irregular anyways. My sister is also irregular and she fell pregnant I think within a month or 2 of coming off the pill. Can't remember how long she was on it for though.

Sorry not much help but I do know it does vary a lot for every woman, we're all so different! :) x

There seem to be several girls on here that have been screwed over one way or another from their various long term contraceptive methods, including the pill.

You are both correct - you could become pregnant right away... but you might also be effected for several months. You won't know until it happens.

I've never used contraception but based on what the other girls seem to go through i'd suggest coming off it asap.

I imagine your hubby will complain, but he'll either have to use condoms or go without until he is ready for a baby ;)

I'm liking your thinking Louise! I will put that idea to him....something tells me condoms will be introduced fairly quickly!!

He isn't a big fan of those either so TTC may come around quicker than I have planned for!!

It is just difficult to talk to my OH about it because he thinks things like this happen instantly!!!

I agree with Louise, due to the fact that a lot of women say their cycles get messed up after coming off the pill, I would ditch it straight away. x

OneDay I was on the pill for 13 years, I stopped taking it in April this year and today I was back at the doctors cause my cycles are so screwed up.... my advice come off as soon as possible you can always use a barrier method of contraception for the first few months x

I came off it and got my pregnant 3 months after. I thought i was pregnant the first 2 months aswell though cos u get so many symptoms when you come off the pill its so annoying! I was on the pill for about 10 years x

I have come off the pill twice and got pregnant straight away both times, i know that im a very lucky girl. I had really bad symptoms as soon as i came off it, but they disappeared quite quickly x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey OneDay,

What kind of pill are you on?

I had the implant taken out the beginning of July 10, my periods came back at the end of Aug so it took about 7 weeks to return, they same to be regular now. I thought I would get pregnant straight away :roll:.

I don't know if it will apply to your type of pill but I had such horrible symptoms about 2 weeks after coming off implant pill, all pregnancy symptoms and I was CONVINCED I was pregnant but I wasn't :wall2: so do be aware of it!

If I was you I would stop using the pill asap, wished I had done sooner.

I have been off the pill for about a year - the first 6 months my periods were fine and seemed to regulate themselves. The last 6 have been v. tricky though and my cycles are all over the shop. I would say best to come off sooner rather than later in case you encounter any probs x

PS - My hubby also thinks these things are going to happen very quickly! Lol!

Hey,

I've came off the pill on 13th July and am still TTC so it can take time. Good luck :) x

My husband thought it would happen quickly. I came off the pill literally two weeks before our wedding as we decided to wait until we were married. My periods regulated straight away and everything looked good. I was hoping for a honeymoon baby but it's been two years now and still nothing, so it isnt always that easy!!

It took me 3 months to conceive my 2nd,6 weeks my 3rd and conceived 2nd cycle this time xxx

Thanks everyone. You all offer really good advice...this forum is great!

Eternity &a day I am on the Microgynon pill. Touch wood I have never had any issues while I have been on the pill.

I will have to talk to my OH and explain my fears to him. The problem I have is that our friend got pregnant in the first month of her coming off the pill.

My OH now thinks that is the case for everyone!!

Hiya Oneday,
I was on the pill, depo injection, pill then mini pill for 22 years and came off in Jul, thinking it would take quite a few months to get my body back to normal wam bam here I am 6 weeks pregnant, I did though before coming off the pill take folic acid and prenatal vits for a few months before x

Last edited:
I came off the pill last December and have only just got my BFP 2 days ago!

You'll get there hun!! It just may take a bit of time! :)

xxx

Hey, I was on microgygnon for 10 years, and came off in July, and was really worried that I had messed up my cycles. Luckily, I got pregnant on my 2 nd month of trying, but I thank my lucky stars for this every day, as I know this is very lucky!
Since then, Ive been telling friends, who are a bit similar situation to you, to just come off and go for it!
Good luck xxxxx

I was on the pill for 18 years!!! Came off it on the 14th September and after 28 days had my AF...bang on 28 days...was pleased with that! It has been a strange period though....very light and just brown TMI....no red blood or anything.....did anyone else experience this when they first come off the pill? it's only lasted about 3 and a half days too....while on the pill it lasted much longer and was much heavier!

I also suffered with symptoms about 2 weeks after coming off it...my god i felt rough, so don't be worried if that happens...i too thought i had been lucky enought o fall pregnant first month, i had all the symptoms! xx

Hi, I came off the pill 14 months ago, my af are really messed up. They have been all my life. I'm still ttc. I'd say come off it as soon as you can so you get start trying. My DH was like yours thinking I'd conceive straight away. He soon realised I wouldn't! Good luck!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back