the pill

Nicolemarie

Reaction score
hi im just wondering how long the pill stays in your system. ive been on the pill for 2years we have ttc earlier this year i came of pill but no Af showed for like 3months and i was really bloated and had sore breasts i really thought i was pregnant, then af came so i went back on it again to try and sort my body out. but now we are wanting ttc again im just wondering the best way of coming of the pill or any advice. thanx Nicole xxx

I came off the pill in Jan got my 1st AF (non pill related) in the march had 2 cycles then ended up PG. I was on it for 9 years but everyone is different and it can take your body time to get back to normal. Maybe you should speak to your doctor and see what they advise.

my OH sister fell pregnant whilst on the pill 5 years ago then spent nearly 2 years trying this time when they wanted it so goes to show your body can be a bugger!!

thanx it will be my luck my body messing around wiv the pill oh well, i will go and see my doctor and see what she has 2 say. congratulations on baby! Nicole x

I was on the pill for about 11/12 years before coming off it a year ago, my periods carried on as normal once I came off the pill compared to what they were like when I was on it. The only variation has been with how long my cycle is, it now varies from between 27 days to 31 but otherwise everything has been regular. We've been TTC for about 4/5 months taking into account the breaks we've had due to holidays etc...My sister got pregnant on her 2nd month of trying and is now 6 weeks pregnant, they weren't too bothered about it but decided to take things as they come. Typical isn't it ?! :? Hopefully our turn will come soon.

I was on the pill for about eight years and when I stopped it, it took eight months before my cycle went to a normal pattern.

We gave it a year before trying just to be on the safe side though and it paid off

I was on the pill for 5 years stopped taking it on 19 feb starting bleeding the next day. I got my bfp on march 20! I thought it would take months to get out my system!

Hi there

I was on the pill for 10 years and it took me about 9 months to get a regular cycle again. I have been off the pill 14 months now and they are still not great, last months cycle was 30 days, the month before 21!! Mine are usually between 30-33 days.

Xxx

hi i came off the pill about 7 months ago left it 3 months b4 ttc so this is my 4th month of trying and just got a bfp today my cycle was 26 days right from the start but only noticed differences in my body last month and this month so am thinking it took maybe 5 months to get out of system and then 2 months trying for me
good luck hun xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back