leaking

ashtonsmum

Reaction score
ok this could just be paranoia but ive been having strange pains and lots of pressure down in my pelvic area for few weeks now, i went to docs yesterday as i had a sharp pain on my left side and crampy it comes and goes, the doc checked for urine infection and said nothing was showing but was concerned because i said i had been experiencing braxton hicks and she found that strange this early on.

anyways doc told me to keep an eye if i dont feel baby move regularly or notice any muscous to go to hospital incase its early labour.

now ive noticed a lot of increased vaginal discharge but the past 2 days i am running to toilet every half an hr at least i feel i need to pee straight after i go my urine is watery hardly yellow at all and everytime i look in my pants i notice a wet patch, should i be concerned? with my 1st my waters had been leaking gradually so this is why im concerned now i know i could just be paranoid as it happened befire but obviously im only 25 weeks and early labour scares me.

any advice please i dont want to keep ringing docs and midwifes.

I think given everything hun you have to contacct the hospital :hug:

I have had a crampy/pressure type feeling down below which turned out to be baby laying on nerve. No experience of the water though - if I was you I would call your midwife or the hospital. My midwife told me that from 24 weeks if I have any concerns at all, call the labour ward because baby is viable and they would rather check everything a million times than risk the baby not getting the help that could save him/her if anything does go wrong. So I'd give them a call - the worst that can happen is they say nothing is wrong, and that's the best thing ever to happen right? Good luck hun, really, really hope everything is okay xx

I would contact the hospital hun, the other week I had a similar thing kept running to the loo and had a bad discharge which wasnt funny in colour just felt wet all the time. I went to the docotors and they said they thought it was an UTI - however when the results came back from the lab they said it wasnt! Dont really know what had happened but it has settled down now. With my first baby my waters broke slowly too and the baby was born at 32 weeks so I would just go to the hospital to see, they can do a quick and easy test in a couple of seconds too see if your waters have broken (just a stick if tested the end turns black if your waters have broken), hope everything goes well!x

agree with the others lovely best to ring someone and get checked thats what they are there for, like you i hate ringing incase all is fine but thats there job lovely
hope all is ok and keep us posted x

definately get it checked hun, better to be safe than sorry...
I had a similar situation, thought I had an embarrassing problem but it turned out my waters were very slowly leaking... Went to the hospital who confirmed it and was given antibiotics to stop any infection. Managed to hold on for a bit but then went into early labour and gave birth 6 weeks early. xxx

well i phoned midwife she said theres no way my doc could have told me if id a urine infection by just putting a stick in it as that just shows your glucose levels etc she said a sample should have been sent off, she also say with subsequent pregnancies you get more pain. i just feel so helpless i feel somethings up but no one is listening to me or telling me what it is and i dont want to put baby at risk but i was pretty much told unless waters break drastically or theres any blood not to come up xxx

Hi god your not really any further fort! I had a bit if a drama yseterday and I rang the Fetal Assessment Department in Hospital and they were really helpful (my doc,s its always the same story and I dont fing them helpful). The lady in the Fetal Unit was so friendly and nothing was a bother - maybe you could try that if your hospital has this, you know they way they all differ??? Hope you get something sorted to give you peace of mind xox

hey hope everything is well just wondering how you are and the baby too x

well i phoned midwife she said theres no way my doc could have told me if id a urine infection by just putting a stick in it as that just shows your glucose levels etc she said a sample should have been sent off, she also say with subsequent pregnancies you get more pain. i just feel so helpless i feel somethings up but no one is listening to me or telling me what it is and i dont want to put baby at risk but i was pretty much told unless waters break drastically or theres any blood not to come up xxx

Keep us posted sweetheart - if you feel something is wrong, keep persuing until someone has given you all the tests you need to reassure you that everything is OK!!! I hope everything is OK xx

I would keep a close eye of try what Mrs K recomended, as especially as you had your waters leek last time. You know your body better than anyone Hun.

I never had braxton hicks till my third baby and they started at 20 weeks, but I would def push to get checked again

thanks ladies i feel a little better as baby kicking and its not happening as often but still keeping close eye on it, maybe just 2nd time around everything is a lot different xxx

Hmph. I thought the dipstick checked protein levels, and if they were high then they send it off to confirm a UTI, but its pretty much positive that you have one. I dunno. My doctor gave me antibiotics once based purely on a dipstick.

I spend a lot of the day in bed, But if I have been out and about walking around, I have a wet spot in my knickers, and am very um.. slimey down below (Ew I know) Its kinda white and clear at the same time, and gross, also sometimes when i sit on the loo i feel some run out of me, But no itch, so doctor says its not thrush. But didnt check it out further, And to be honest, I dont much wanna bring it up again >.< I hate talkin about that kinda thing with pretty much strangers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back