Leah's in hospital :( **Updated by Kim PG2**

:( oh no. Didn't even know babies could have that :oops: poor little thing.

Poor little leah, hope she gets well soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you both and the rest of your family.

hey everyone thanks so much for the well wishes.
ive just nipped home for a shower and change of clothes... my mums with her now.

well she started with the sniffles yesterday after the funeral and last night she looked a bit floppy so i undressed her to take her teperature (under her arm) and there was a huge red lump that looked exactly like a plum right on her right breast :cry:

i panicked and so did my mum, and we went straight upto A&E..... this was at 9pm.. and we waited ages for a nirse to see us.. who then said we would have to wait for a doctor.
so it got to 11pm, the doctor saw us, looked at her and said she would need to see a peadiatricion (sp) upstairs.

so we were then waiting until 1am before we finally got seen to proper.
the doctor looked her over and said its mastitis... and its caused by leftover hormones from when she was inside me.. and its caused her breast tissue to become infected.. didnt realise that her other side was also infected too.

so i was so relieved that it was only an infection, and she said she would send us home with antibiotic drops for her.
so we were waiting for the drops, then a different doctor came in and said she will need intervenous (sp) antibiotics, which is a drip into her hand and antibiotics pumped in every 6 hours.
and she said she would have to stay in for at least 48 hours :cry:

then this was the hardest thing i ever had to do..
i had to listen and wait for nearly 2 hours while they took blood from Leah and tried to attach a cannula into her hand :cry:
it kept slipping out so they had to keep trying again.. and it took 2 nurses to hold her down still :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
she was screaming so much and there was nothing i could do :( i was in tears cos all i wanted to do was cuddle her and tell her it would all be over soon :(
so she was left with bruises on both feet and both hands where they had been sticking needles in her :( and they finally got the cannula into her hand and its all bandaged up to stop her knocking it out :cry:

they gave her back to me at 3am and her eyes were so so red and raw from screaming so much :( and she fell asleep in my arms until 6am this morning.
it was heartbreaking.. there was nothing i could do and she was screaming :cry:

we are in our own room and i have a little fold down bed next to her cot.
she's got the sniffles really bad so she must be feeling awful :(

my mums just gone up now and told me to come home for a shower n change of clothes so just giving you all an update.
doctors been round while my mums been there and said she seems to be reacting well to the treatment.. so hopefully we wont be in too long :pray: :pray: :pray:

she looks so little and vulnerable with her hand all wired up :cry:

thanks for letting them know jo.... could u update title so they know ive posted??
thanks u lot xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug:

OMG - How frightening, poor you & poor poor Leah :( :cry:
Thinking of you both hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww hun I am so sorry.

And I totally know how you feel when they put the iv drip in... I was screaming at the doctors when Arianna had to get one.... must be awful when it is a teeny tiny Leah size. :cry:

Big hugs for you, leah and the family :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear this, least she is in the good hands of the doctors now. HOpe she gets better very soon BIG HUGS!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock:

:cry:

:hug:

Get Well Soon Leah!! Remember to look after yourself too Kim :hug:

Hope shes better and back home soon Kim.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for update hun. Thinking of you all and I hope Leah makes a very speedy recovery, bless her :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Poor Leah & poor Kim - this must be horrible :hug: Really hope she's better soon.

aww babe so sorry to hear that hope leah gets well soon. big hugs 4 u and leah :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ñ+¡+,gt : message from Ani for Leah - she just decided to tap the keyboard a few times when I was about to post - I hope it is a "get well" message! :lol:

Hope you are home soon Kim, and that Leah is feeling A LOT better real soon...poor sweet Leah, what a horrible experience

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Lisa

poor little thing!

baby smile had to have a cannula and antibiotics for the first 48 hours of his life :( his hands were very small but fortunately the docs were VERY good. He had three over the course of 48 hours and he was so good bless him but did cry a lot :(

It's hard beign a mum when what is best for them is not what they want or isn't nice - well done for being brave for your little girl :clap: :hug:

Poor Leah, bless her lil cottons :hug: :hug:
Those cannulas are horrible hun, Dan had one when he was born and when he was in hopsital with bronchilitis.
It breaks your heart seeing your lil one in pain.
She's in the best place though hun. Hope she gets better soon and remember to rest mummy as much as you can :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww Kim :hug: :hug:

Big get well hugs to Leah :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope she comes home soon :hug:

bless her wee heart....... hope she feels better soon

lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for Mummy & Baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members