**lUCYBEES SON (TOM)IS0 IN HOSPITAL **UPDATE 2-IN 1ST POST**

Kimbo said:
awww no poor little thing and i bet lucy is feeling awful
xxxxxxx

she sure is kim :( spoke to her earlier and she sounds so worried...but then who wouldnt be :( so i thought if she saw how many people are thinking of her and tom on here it might cheer her up a bit. :pray:

havent had anymore updates yet but as soon as i hear the results from his blood tests and throat swabs ill update again...poor lucy and tom its so worryin when LO's are unwell

wishin him a speedy recovery lucy..... :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

How worrying :( I hope Tom's ok. Thinking of them all :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you, thank you, thank you all sooooo much.

I cried when I read this thread because it was just so lovely to get your messages after such an awful day.

Well...to cut a long story short, Tom has had a high temp (38 and above) since Wednesday. I haven't been able to get his temp down even with Calpol and Nurofen. I saw the doctor yesterday but she just said it was a virus.

As Rhian said, I saw a rash this morning on his legs and feet. It was a non-blanching pin-prick rash so the Doctor sent us straight to A&E.

My poor little baby had a canular in the back of his hand and he screamed and screamed. They took loads of blood and I literally had to hold him down for 10 minutes whilst they did it. I felt AWFUL.

Afterwards we were transferred to the ward and had to wait for blood results. THANK GOD they came back negative for the indicators they would normally look for in meningitis. They said his throat is red and has puss on it. His ear is also red. So...at the moment they think it is an upper respiratory tract viral infection BUT about five minutes before we left a spot came up on the back of his leg which the paediatrician said COULD BE chicken pox.

So we're really just waiting now and hoping no further symptoms develop. Couldn't fault the hospital though...they were brilliant.

Thank you all soooooooo much and special big thanks and hugs to Rhian for being so strong and supportive this morning when I was blubbing down the phone in a right old panic.

:hug: :hug: to all of you...Lucyxxx

Phew! What a relief it wasnt meningitis

Poor little fella.. hope he gets better soon :hug:

Oh my god.... just seen this, I'm so glad it isnt meningitus.

I know exactly how you feel with the IV drips going in - I was in more tears than Arianna was when she got it.

Hope you all get some rest tonight and Tom is back to his happy self soon.

Lots of :hug: for you all!

Oh! Poor little Pea! :cry:

It's so horrible when they can't tell you what's wrong.

Hope you all get some sleep tonight xxxxxx

So glad everything came back ok, hope he is on the mend soon :hug:

big hugs to tom :hug: :hug: :hug:

thinking of you all ......... what a terrible firght you must have had

hope its just the pox , he'll feel better once the spots come out :hug:

LucyBee said:
and special big thanks and hugs to Rhian for being so strong and supportive this morning when I was blubbing down the phone in a right old panic.

glad i was on hand to help and calm u down on the phone lucy..u did the right thing by takin him straight to a&e. as i said last night im here when ever u need me "what are friends for ?|" if u need me tonight just ring. hope u got Tom off to bed ok and that his temp stays normal...thinkin off u twinny..... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

so glad tom is ok lucy, must of been awful for you and your oh

Only just seen this Lucy, I hope Tom gets better soon and you all get over your ordeal soon. I was nearly crying reading thatyou had to hold him down for 10 mins while he was screaming so god knows how yo felt

Just wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug: and say hope little Pea gets well soon

xxx

Aww hun...I know how scary it was with Tia when she got meningitis...and the holding your baby down bit...thats got to be the worst thing in the world... :cry: :cry: I just sat here and cried at that...because I know its must be horrible for you... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I so hope he gets better soon and it is just a viral rash... :hug: :hug: :hug: You did the right thing though taking him to the hospital... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Only just seen this... poor little might, hope he is feeling better, and you too Lucy :hug:

You are all so lovely. Thank you. It makes such a difference.

Well, my little man had a good sleep last night. He woke up at 7 and has had 8oz of milk. His temp is still up at 37.7 and no chicken pox rash or anything so I think it must be a throat/ear infection. He still has the rash from yesterday too. Poor little man. He's had this temp now since Wednesday. I just want him better now.

:hug: to all of you. Lxx

Oh Lucy, just seen this, havent been on much this week...

What a fright you have had, how is your handsome man now?? I hope he is on the mend and right as rain very soon :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back