Ladies with SPD - what positions did you use in labour?

Colourmeblue

Reaction score
As the title suggests, just wondering those of you who have already had your babies and suffered with SPD during pregnancy, what positions did you find you could do in labour? - It something im rather worried about, as my SPD is pretty bad, especially if im lying down. I have to keep my legs together, and cant move them seperately once im in bed. With my 1st, i was pretty much lying in bed throughout most of my labour, and gave birth on my back. I know that wont be an option this time, cos if i get on my back, thats it for me, i completely seize up and cannot move. So any ladies who have been through this, id love to hear how labour went, and what positions you found helped.

Thank you!!

oooo good thread, id also like to know the answer to this as I suffer with spd and 2 slipped discs

xxx

oooo good thread, id also like to know the answer to this as I suffer with spd and 2 slipped discs

xxx

I had severe SPD and also have 2 slipped discs

TBH I didn't notice any of it much during labour.

I wasn't allowed in the water due to prem labour - I spent most of the time on my feet actually as it was too painful to lie down.

I tried a couple of positions for pushing, but tbh I was too knackered to do anything but lie down on my back at the end. I remember feeling it in my hips, but not so bad that I wanted to move.

I tried kneeling and squatting, but that was too uncomfortable.

Also, I was wheeled into the hospital and walked out of the delivery room ;-)

ooo that's good to know hun thanks.

luckily iv been trying to stay as active as possible regardless of the pain im in as im hoping by doing that il be fitter for the labour and able to move easier.

fx eh

ps. tweety I didn't know u had 2 slipped discs as well! did u have to have physio when u were pregnant as well? im having it every 2 weeks and been given exercises to so and a support band

xxx

ooo that's good to know hun thanks.

luckily iv been trying to stay as active as possible regardless of the pain im in as im hoping by doing that il be fitter for the labour and able to move easier.

fx eh

ps. tweety I didn't know u had 2 slipped discs as well! did u have to have physio when u were pregnant as well? im having it every 2 weeks and been given exercises to so and a support band

xxx

Yeah I had physio but it didn't help much I had a tubigrip, a support band and crutches ... To be honest at the end I couldn't walk at all - but I think the severity of my SPD was quite rare. I was pretty much bed bound with a portapotty next to my bed! :shock:

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

Midwife also told me that during labour you dont really notice the SPD -dunno whether that's a good thing or a bad thing! As im sure they mean that the labour pain is so bad that the SPD fades in comparison!

I actually didn't care about that pain after a while lol. I laid on my back kinda propped up which hurt but would usually do anyway. But then had spinal block and ventouse in theatre an they had obviously wrenched my legs apart which now has made my pelvis click a lot so be sure to tell them you are a sufferer do they go easy on your hips if they move you about and stuff xxx

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

Yeah midwife is right. I didn't notice it lol. But it's because the labour pains are so much in bottom of your back you just forget about SPD. It's so weird. Xxx

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

Lying down isn't a good position to labour in over without spd. I can't say i really paid much attention to the pain. Your contractions WILL be the only thing on your mind :-D however I did layout standing up and gave birth kneeling on the bed Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

I could barely walk by the end of my pregnancy due to SPD but to be honest I never really noticed it during labour. I was on my feet walking then for the actual pushing part I was kneeling over the end of the bed x

wow ok so i guess labour pains defo take over SPD pains. i mean this is my second time, but my girl is nearly 10. so totaly aware that labour pains are ridiculously intense, but last time my SPD wasnt this bad and i was just sure this time that id suffer in labour, but maybe not x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back