Labour/Birth Positions

Rheych

Reaction score
I have given this some thought due to suffering with SPD!

Ultimately I would love to have the water birth, if not I want to be either standing or on all 4's/over the back of the bed to deliver as it seems the east painful way for drug free deliveries and for people with pelvic and back pains (another hope I have!)

Just wondered what experiences other people have had of different positions and to see what everyone else is thinking for when their baby is ready?

:)

im with you on that rheych! i have a bit of a spd prob and think id like to be in water or standing basically lol x

I had a water birth, when i was giving birth i was on my knees leaning on the side, i couldn't imagine being on my back! x

I'm stuck this time cos of my vbac-if they can get a good trace of baby on the monitor then I can b on the ball,chair or bed. If not then theyl attach a clip to his head and il b stuck on the bed :( x

that does suck a bit emma. hope they can successfully monitor without you having to be on the blooming bed! x

I had to be on my back with legs in stirrups because I had to have an assisted delivery - although not ideal, and definitely my position of choice, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been

I'm stuck this time cos of my vbac-if they can get a good trace of baby on the monitor then I can b on the ball,chair or bed. If not then theyl attach a clip to his head and il b stuck on the bed :( x

That's a bit miserable :( If you did have to stay on the bed, could you at least be on all fours or do you literally have to lie there on your back the whole time?

I was on my back both times. 1st time because I was too scared to move and 2nd because it happened too quickly! They were gonna get the pool ready for me but it wouldn't of filled up quick enough lol they say labouring on your back slows labour but I was only pushing for 7mins!! x x

I'm hoping to be in the pool but if not then I'm not sure,can anyone tell me their experience of a standing up birth if they have had one?!?

My friends sister has had both hers standing up and she swears by it! The midwife just puts a pad thing on the floor and catches baby :) I'd consider this if I don't get a chance to use the pool x

I had to be on my back with legs in stirrups because I had to have an assisted delivery - although not ideal, and definitely my position of choice, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been

I was the same it's not too bad. x

Apart from when I was pushing I just couldnt stay on the bed, it was too painful. Your supposed to stay sat down with pethedine but I just couldnt do it. Leaning over something I think would be a good position to give birth in. Its what they were going to get me to do.

Yeah melio I think leanin over or on something is probably a good way! X

With my son I was very active. I did not have a choice for some of the labour tho as my Mum passed out and banged her head - they had to put her on my bed and I walked up and down the corridoor outside until the paramedics came and got her! (She has not had anything to eat lol)

I walked round, leant over beds and chairs, squated and got on all fours on the bed leaning over the back. They had a big leather covered bean bag which was great for resting my tummy on. They made me get on my back to push tho....I was scared as hell - it's all abit hazy 11 years later...but I know it bloody hurt as it was pain free.

I did try the Gas and Air but hated it

After all that they could have given me a monkey and I would have loved it!!

Good luck girls xx

That's a bit miserable :( If you did have to stay on the bed, could you at least be on all fours or do you literally have to lie there on your back the whole time?

think i have to b on my back...it doesnt concern me too much,wiv my 1st i laboured on my back cos i was too tired to change position,wiv my 2nd i was on my back cos the cord was round his neck and so had to be continually monitored and my 3rd ended up in section. aslong as i get a vbac im not too bothered xx

I'm always interested to hear about birth positions, cos all 3 times I just couldn't move. I was sat/lay in the bed and that was it. If anyone tried to move me or even suggested it I went mad. I literally couldn't move lol!!

amyjayne, you'll have to have another to see what its like to move around :whistle:

Haha I've already hinted at the hubby!!!! His face was a picture lolol!

Haha... I'd do it tomorrow! I'll bribe hubby he can get his wicked way if I can have more babies lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back