kids and marriage ....

With our first son we were'nt married and he has my name, I would of prefered to give him his fathers but as we weren't married and he couldn come registers office it ws impossible. This baby wil have his fathers name as we are married now so shouldnt be a problem. I also am changing my first sons to his fathers name, which is a long process but if it works out too complicated will just change it by deed poll. I want both my children to have the same name as eachother. I dont believe you need to be married before having children, having a piece of paper saying your married makes no difference to your stability or how you raise a child IMO. :D

Personally I wanted to be married when I had children. Partly due to the fact that thats the way I was raised and partly because I just felt better in myself for being married before I had children........for me its just not something I would have done if I hadnt of been married but have no problem others having children in or outside of marriage its a personal thing and each to their own isnt it....xx

I was insistant on being married before i had children, not so much to be traditionalist but for the financial security and stability.

Sometimes when people aren't married it's too easy to walk out after a heated argument and end the relationship.

Marriage makes it a little more difficult so you have plenty of time to calm down and think it through and really evaluate what you want before you legally end the relationship.

I think that now that you are pregnant, that the whole waiting for him to propose is a bit redundant - if you want to get married, you tell him you want to get married and book the date lol

lol louise :)

I want a romantic proposal! I think its more about having the same name for me - not so much about it being harder to leave or financial security. I want a family name! x

We have been married for just over a year but in all honesty I would not have been bothered at all if we had babies before getting married. I am very happy that it just happened to turn out this way that's all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back