When did you know your partner is 'The One' ??

MissGobby

Reaction score
just wondering when you realised your other half, was the ONE? a friend of mine told me the other week that she knew within the first few days of meeting him she would spend her life with him, now 22years of marriage and 2 children later they are still going strong.

just made me think as i feel a love for my partner like i have never experienced in my life, even within the 4 years i was with my ex i never felt like i do now, and even though we havent been going out THAT long (we were mates long before, and was really close) i know i want to spend my life with him, can see us getting a house, having kids, getting married etc and he has said the same thing to me!!

:D

it sounds silly but i think it was today,
before we started going out we were realy close and i was really liked him, then we started going out and i kinda freaked out alot about my ex and him etc, then at the weekend we spent sunday just the two of us and had a loverly weekend, wen he went back to work it was horrible then today i felt sick as i miss him so much does that make sence?

yeah hun it makes sense!! its weird isnt it?

even when i was with my ex, whenever we met up (usually at parties and stuf!) we always spent all night together, we were ever so close and everyone told us/tells us what a perfect couple we are, i think we both knew something would happen in the future, and i really feel as though i have found the person i am going to spend my life with, however cheesy that sounds, im on top of the world and just never imagined anyone could be this happy lol!!

I knew my DH was 'the one' a few days after I met him. I was planning on moving away when I met him and I knew after meeting him a couple of times that I would find it really hard to leave him behind. About a month later we had a weekend together which was one disaster after another including driving my car through a flooded river, the hotel being struck by lightening and having no electricty for three days, lightening hitting a tree and blocking our car in so we had to make a 7 hour and £70 train journey home only to have to go back up again the week after to fetch the flooded car!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: St some point during this time I realised that there was no-one else I would rather be with that my DH and a month later we were living together and 3 month later we got engaged... :hug:

We met a month after meeting online and i knew as soon as i saw him for real he was the one.

Last edited:
when i find them ill let you know... lol hate being single :(

i'd met my OH in a pub a couple of times whilst out with my ex (we'd split up but were still friends) but hadn't really talked to him properly.

but at a party, we spent lots of time together and started flirting. we went on a date the next night, stayed out til 4am then he walked me home. he stayed over and never left!!!! we've been together for nearly 7 years now.

we both knew that night on our date, that we'd met the person we were always supposed to be with. we said 'i love you' to each other about 3 days later - we knew it sooner than that but both got shy! :) :)

I knew from our first kiss as cheesey as it sounds! I knew when we first spent time together than he was different from anyone else I had ever been with but when he kissed me I knew we'd always be together and we'd get married and have children. Well here we are nearly 4 years later and nearly married for 2 years with a 2 year old son and another on the way :D I love him so much :D Aww I like this thread!

i knew my hubby was the one when i saw it at a family wedding and he was with someone else :evil: this was in the sept and then we went out new years eve and he was there with his family and no girlfriend ha ha and the rest is history nearly 23 years later :D

i meet my boyfriend in the pub - it was sort of love at first sight sort of thing ( oh bless me im such a soppy cow)
we went out clubbing then went back to his house and i never left.
when he held me i felt so safe and 1 year and a half later i still feel safe. ahhhhh i love ma snuggumz
xnatx

Dunno... there were lots of little quirky things that made me think that it was fate...

One... I gave myself a question to ask all potential bfs and he was the only one who got it right... but went on to start a whole conversation over it..

On our first date we went to a resturant where the tables all have maps of different countries on it but I'd never been there before.. DH asked me where I wanted to sit.. and I chose a table in the corner that happened to be the only table with a map of Finland on it... the same country where my DH was born...

So lots of little creepy things...

I don't think I ever said... he is the one... just it feels like we have always known each other, we have always been together.... that there was no life before him.. we can talk about anything and everything, and even when one of us isn't working, we can still find things to chat about. I suppose after a few days it just felt like we were meant to be together... just like he's my other half that I've always felt I am missing.. :think:

We got married because it felt right... and when we got married, we had no nerves about the marriage.... just that things wouldn't go right... like the taxis didn't turn up and my veil got ruined but no cold feet which made us even more determined that we were doing the right thing... despite what one jealous person at our wedding tried to make out didn't happen.

We just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary on Sunday, and well it honestly doesn't feel like a year... or that we are even married.. :think: We are just us...

I knew I liked my oh the moment i met him, it just took us 10 months to get together. I knew he was the one for me the moment he kissed me - it just felt so right nd I was so drawn to him.......yeah yeah cheesy i know.

4 half years later and 2 kids and the possibility of another, were in love still that shows no sign of ending - and were still as close as we have alwasy been :D He's my soulmate, despite being a git at times :D

Well I met my OH in secondry school and we went out for a little while when we where both about 13, but I freaked and dumped him :?

When I was about 15 I was going out with some other guy and it suddenly clicked that I still really liked Ed, I don't know what took me so long, but it clicked then. And it's been great from there on :)

I met my OH through an old schoolfriend who shared a house with him at uni. We actually just chatted on msn for about 3 months before we met in person and found it so easy to talk to each other.When we got together it was so easy maintaining a long-distance relationship with him and had no doubts and wasn't tempted to cheat/wasn't worried about him cheating etc - so i knew he was 'the one' :D

I was 15 when I met Mike and i knew I was gonna marry him and have babies with him - got engaged at 16, had baby at 19, moved in together at 20 and just need to set a date and make more babies lol :lol:

Think I knew he was 'the one' when we first kissed - magic! :wink: :lol:

Before we even met :lol:

We met on faceparty, but the thing is I hadnt been on there for months and was bored so thought id check it, and he had just signed up. I was browsing thru people in my area (I always used it to find other musicians and pagans to chat to other than dating) and saw his profile, which was the kind of profile that would have usually sent me running ie he talked about fastcars and fashion - something I would have seen as bad traits normally lol, but there was something about his pic - he looked.....familiar.....like looking at someone I had loved and lost. So I messaged him and we got chatting, ended up doing the 4am chats on msn every night, then on to talking on the phone and I fell in love with him straight away before we even met. We arranged a date about a month later, and i have never felt so comfortable with someone, so relaxed, I could be myself and not put on that 1st date mask we usually put on, it was amazing, and I knew that he was the one I would spend my life with. He felt the same and says for him it was love at first sight :D 5 months later we were living together, and a year to the day after our first date we got engaed :D

fasten your seatbelts!!!

I knew hubby about 15 years ago, just as a friend for slightly under a year. We lost contact and 10 years later he looked me up.

We arranged to meet for the weekend just as friends, then couldn't stop talking to each other so he came back the following weekend (he was living 100 miles away!). Still it was just as friends!

On the second weekend I looked at him reading some bizarre geek book, barefoot, freshly showered with his legs crossed on my sofa. I was about to pick up a couple of friends for dinner when I saw my best mate I said that David was the man I wanted, I mean for good. She smiled like a cheshire cat and told me she'd belt me with a frying pan if I didn't got on with it.

We got together on the Sunday, engaged on the Wednesday and married 3 months later. That was 4 years ago and I still adore the sox off him, I still feel excited when he comes through the door, I can talk to him about anything - he's my best friend, my lover and my husband. I couldn't even dream up a fella I'd want more. I love my gentle hearted kind and funny geek!

I met my DH on a dating website too, on September 7th last year. We got on sooooooo well and on the 22nd September i went abroad with my mum and brother and he flew out on the penultimate day to spend th last 2 days and 1 night with me. We had the most magical time and it was when I realised just how excited I was about seeing him and when he walked up to me and my tummy was doing flip flops that I knew he was the one. We spent the most amazing night together - skinny dipping in the sea and watching the stars and stayed up pretty much all night long. By morning I was hook line and sinker in love with him. A couple of weeks later we got engaged and 11 months later married with a baby on the way!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back