Keeping Resolutions for Future Baby

Carbonel

Reaction score
I've given up drinking and i've given up smoking (not that i was much of a drinker or smoker but i did both from time to time). Its only been 4 days and it's really boring!!!

I'm taking up Tai-Chi classes next week. I want to loose about a stone in weight as well.

Anyone got any motivational tips on how to keep these resolutions? I'm determined to be healthier not just to get my BFP but for my future babies health too.

Also, having been made redundant 3 months ago my doctor says the stress might be having an effect on fertility, do you think this is true? I am trying to find a new job as we cant afford to live on my husbands salary for long but whilst i have the time off I thought i should try to use it to get healthy.

Hi

Keeping to your resolutions is really hard isn't it?! I have made similar ones to get fit, eat healthier and as a result lose some weight and be in a better position for myself and hopefully our baby no 1.

I guess we just have to try and keep positive about everything, I did read on a post somewhere that stress can affect fertility, no idea how true this is though. Tai-Chi will probably help reduce stress though.

Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon and we both keep to our resolutions of getting fit and healthy. x

Everytime you feel like going for a smoke or a drink think of what you could be holding in your arms in 9 months time aswel as diverting your thoughts find something else to do in the place of the things you have given up.
Also start saving the money you would normally spend for something nice, you could even put some away for baby :)
Goodluck hunny x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These all sound so positive and sticking to them and rewarding yourself should counterbalance any redundancy stress. Put cigarette/drinks money in a piggy bank and at the end of the month treat yourself - it's a real feelgood way of acknowledging your achievement :)
Keep job-hunting and try not to let it get the better of you - you will get a job and there are so many ways of cutting back on expenses in the meantime.

You're sounding really positive and that's a great thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back