Getting the body sorted!

I may look into getting some redbush then :) i've got a cup of morning detox tea in front of me at the min :sick:
It was just the eBay cheapies that I got m2a. I was thinking of cb fertility monitor and sticks but they are quite expensive so I'll just see how these go for now. My first ov after my drilling was obvious to me anyway so hopefully it will be again :yay:
Dawn well done for getting into that first session, it should get easier now that u have the first one over you x

I'm now taking folic acid microtablets and vitamin D2 spray (I had to order this from America!) as I'm severely deficient in Vit D. Am hoping I'm getting enough calcium from my enriched oat milk drink. Also cutting out my one source of aspartame (diet hot choc drinks).

Really should be exercising more and eating less but have been feeling a bit down recently so it's hard to motivate myself.

Since reading a few days ago that salt (and potassium) decreases chances of conceiving a girl, I have stopped eating crisps, so that's something!

Changed to use roll-on deoderant rather than spray one.

Am already vegan/teetotal/non-smoker/caffeine-free so not too many other chemicals/nasties to eliminate!

p.s. I tried the (rooibos) redbush tea drinks once and thought they were yukky! So you may want to try one first before buying a whole box-worth like I unfortunately did :D

Last edited:
Sounds like I'm the naughty smoker/drinker out of us :blush:

I'll sit in the naughty corner with you hun!! I'm a total binge drinker which I know is really bad :blush: . I don't go out for weeks or will go for quiet night where I'll drive and not have anything to drink but when I go out with my girlie friends or with my DH on a proper night out we pretty much always get very drunk and go clubbing and I'm usually the one at the bar getting everyone to do shots and jager bombs. And, I'm a non smoker (hate it usually) but when I'm drunk I will smoke maybe 2/3 cigs on a night out :whistle:

Apart from that I think I'm doing ok!!

I've cut out pretty much all caffeine - I will have the occassional coffee/coke if out for lunch/dinner - apart from that the only hot drinks I will drink are decaf coffee/redbush/ovaltine.

I'm trying to make sure I stick to a healthy varied died and try to make sure I eat at least 3/4 pieces of fruit a day.

I'm taking folic acid and multivitamins (also Ovaltine has loads of vitamins in too).

Need to do more excercise but it's so hard as I work part time from 9-3pm 5 days a week and also have a part time job two evenings a week so nights off and family time are precious to me.

DW1978 you have made me feel better on the drinking front anyway :lol:
I didn't realise that ovaltine had so much goodness in it?? Must check it out :)
Tinslecat you seem to have practically the whole of the toxins front covered lol. I am finding it very hard to get motivated for exercise - stupid thing is I know that once I get going again I will be fine with it. Before my ovarian drilling I bought myself an expensive pair of running trainers as I was intent on marathon training and I have not used them once yet *sigh*
Oh and is spray deoderant supposed to be bad? Hadn't heard that :shock:

and on top of that have a Westie that demands "walkies" lol.

lolololol Thank goodness for dogs (and cats!!) !!

I have 9 doglets and without their support and having to get out of bed of a morning I don't know what I'd have done recently!!

OH went for a jog with some of the younger ones this evening.......just could not face it though, so did extra training with them instead.

Tinslecat you seem to have practically the whole of the toxins front covered lol. I am finding it very hard to get motivated for exercise - stupid thing is I know that once I get going again I will be fine with it. Before my ovarian drilling I bought myself an expensive pair of running trainers as I was intent on marathon training and I have not used them once yet *sigh*
Oh and is spray deoderant supposed to be bad? Hadn't heard that :shock:

Well there is a school of thought that aerosols contain stuff that may not be great for da bebe but it is a low risk type of thing. I'm probably going overboard but it's a minor change to make to lifestyle so don't see the harm in playing (extra)-safe.

Know what you mean about having trainers, running plans and not living up to personal expectations!! And each day the mental guilt gets slightly more at how even-longer it has been since last proper exercise! (Hmm maybe I should do a workout tonight - no excuse not to!!) It's just a matter of getting into a routine isn't it!

xx

Hi girls :wave:

While I was pregnant I lost 2st :shock: so I am determind not to put it back on. OH has started his diet last week so we are eating much better than we used to - lots of salads,rice & chicken :lol:

I'm taking pregnacare conception daily (& making OH take wellman vits :whistle:)

I will be joing the gym again once I stop getting pain in my c-section area, its been 12 weeks so hopefully wont be long now. I am doing little, gentle bits & post-natal exercises.

I dont smoke (never have) but need to get OH to stop again as he started smoking again when our little girl died (cant blame him really). I rarely drink but my friend is getting married on 7th May & her hen weekend is in April so will drink at these (hopefully not to much but as I havent had a proper drink for nearly a year I dont think I'm going need much :roll:) but thats it then & as I cant start ttc until May it should be ok.

My only real problem is tea :shakehead: I cant function without it & probably drink far to much (about5/6 cups a day maybe more some days :shock:) I dont drink coke anymore & maybe 1 coffee a week if I fancy it. I've had decaf tea but not keen,so might try redbush tea after reading your threads :lol: I've bought some lemons today as I like boiled water with a slice of lemon so going to try & drink this instead of so much tea.

If anyone can think of anything else I could do please let me know :pray:xx

^^^ it sounds like you are doing everything that you should be hun. Nurse mentioned on another thread that she will be taking evening primrose to try to boost CM production, but that's all I can think of cos you seem to have a genuinely healthy lifestyle :). As for the tea, mmmmmh well I dunno, if you can't live without it then I suppose it's your only vice :)

Hi
Change ur frame of mind with the tea ive cut down from 10 to 2 a day. I let myself have a morning one but at dinner time I make myself think that my hot herbal raspberry tea is lovely n hot and will make me feel better, I also stick a load of sugar with it but am cutting that down now. Take it slow!

Im the same as u princess great plan by the way...

1.No more binge drinking and smoking when drunk (do I think im smart when im doing this? I dont know...) having a soft drink in between wines

2. Water water water. Bought a brita filter and make sure I have a litre a day, I will hopefully progress to 2 litres

3. Gym at least 3 times a week, if I reach this goal I get a bar of choc I like on a sunday night. ;)

4. Take pregnacare OH take wellman and get some fish oils in. Planning my meals for the week and making a big load of homemade lasange and freezing it for the days when I cant be arsed.

5. Eating protein/veg/carbs in main meal every night

6. Doing some kind of physical activity every day - walk to shop, walk dog, 20 star jumps, have a lil dance to my fave song

7. RELAXATION!! This is the key if you ask me with lots of water. Im going to start meditation every day for 10 mins. My yoga sessions are just the best.

8. No more stressing about little things in life, taking it day by day for what it is. So what if I get charged £70 quid from vodafone try n sort it out, dont do it again and learn from it. If I can buy a new pair of jeans well I cant simples.... ;)

I have lots of lil plans going but hopefully this one will stick.

Hey princess I forgot to ask what did everyone buy you with the money donated on here? xx

I like that you are on the prepping wagon as well apple :yay:

We got a tree and my sisters ashes were "planted" at the roots. We also got a plaque for a bench that is already there in my nan's memory so we've added the plaque to that. With what is left over we are getting a more personalised plaque to go next to her tree which will have picture of her on it and a poem that my dad wrote, the remainder will go to a donation to the forest park where she is. It's ranger-run on a voluntary basis so they rely on donations etc to keep it going. Thanks for asking :hug: x

Wow they are lovely things, I love ur saying aswell for her on ur sig. I think the bench idea is just so nice a great place so sit and feel close to them both for u! xx

Just relooked at the plan and yes.... im OTT. Going to try and simplfy that lol xx

I think it's all achievable, it just looks like a lot when you write it down. I can proudly say, no caffeine or smokes for 4 days now!! Thank god the caffeine withdrawal headache has gone :lol: think I may be about to break the alcohol rule tho becuase I'm off out to the neighbours house for dinner! I guess just the one won't hurt lol x

One will not hurt make it weaker like a spritzer or something like that lager shandy. U can drink more at half the amount!! Enjoy ur party xx

Ooops 3/4 of a bottle later! Still, better than the 2 bottles I normally neck in a sesh! :blush:

Lol, on a good note it didn't push me toward the smokes so there is still progress and I'll have a detox tea in the morning :sick:

Great thread Princess. I've not drunk much over the past year, but resorted to several very large glasses of wine to get me through the past 3 weeks. DH and I decided last night that we'd both stop drinking again altogether with immediate effect!
I've also started dabbling with meditation. It's early days but I think it helped me get through the physical pain of m/c. Not sure it did much on the emotional front but maybe it will help me have a more relaxed approach about ttc in the future.
And DH and I said we're definitely going to start using the Wii Fit this weekend!! :)
Xx

Aw bead, anything to help with the pain of m/c is a good thing :hug: I might indulge in wine AGAIN tonight pft! Good intentions etc, and had proper coffee today (celebrating my friends bday with coffee :rofl: ) but I guess as o/h is away ATM anyhow a bit of moderation won't hurt. Still no smokes :)

Hi Princess - well you know I'm a regular in the naughty corner too.

I have been so strict and have now been smoke free since 23rd of November - but that doesnt stop me wanting one every single day..... Anyone know how long it takes for the cravings to stop, its been 2.5 months for goodness sake!

I'm afraid I'm still a big drinker, am a bad girl and hang my head in shame. But I gave up wine whilst pregnant, I dont want to give it up whilst I'm not as well! We are having pan fried sea bass tonight, how could I not get a nice bottle of white burgundy to go with that? That would be insulting the fish.

I still drink coffee in the morning but I have a herb tea or a red bush in the afternoon, so i figure 1 cup of caffine a day isnt too bad. Or is it?

What I really need to do is learn to drink water. I'm not a fan. But I'm probably permanently dehydrated.

I think you are doing really well sweetie and am proud of all the effort you are making. I really hope it pays off ASAP! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back