New years Resolutions 2008 - Please post yours!

to get a decent job where I am not treated like crap... despite having stupid amounts of qualifications and speaking two languages :x

Not sure if thats a resolution though or a pipe dream :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
i def want to, i mean i never smoke anywhere near LO but even so when I hold him i feel guilty incase i smell of smoke. When I do go out for one even as I smoke it i feel horrible cos I hate it. My mam died of lung cancer and she said to me before, if you could feel the pain i feel now you wouldn't smoke. I hate myself for doing it. I dont wanna leave JT without his mummy. arghhh. right that is it!!!!! Time to bite the bullet and put out my filthy habit :x

Go for it!!! you can do it. You sound like you are more than ready. The first bit is the hardest but it doesnt last for long and then before you know it you don't even want to smoke.

Squiglet said:
to get a decent job where I am not treated like crap... despite having stupid amounts of qualifications and speaking two languages :x

Not sure if thats a resolution though or a pipe dream :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sounds to me like you just need to break into a career that suits you and makes you happy. Thats not too much to ask but only you can make it happen :wink:

Wow I'm like a veritable lifestyle guru today :D

Hey,

I've been thinking about my New Year's resolutions, so decided to resurrect this thread and add my resolutions for 2008. I'm not a big fan of Hogmanay, despite being Scottish (and can't go out this year anyway!) but love the feeling of a new fresh year to turn over a new leaf!

So in 2008, I will attempt to:-

1. Get this stupid PND under control and make sure I do more things with DD that'll help - more walking, more baby groups, seeing friends more etc
2. Continue breastfeeding until end of July 2008 if possible (DD's 1st birthday) and wean her on demand
3. Go on a mini family holiday (here in Scotland) in April
4. Throw DD a fantastic first birthday party in July - a splash/swimming party and then a barbecue/garden party is the current plan
5. Raise enough money at the start of 2007 to stay off work until July/August 2008 and get a new job that fits round my family to go back to (that hopefully has good maternity benefits!) so we can...
6. Start TTC a new baby around start of October
7. Before TTC, lose lots of lots of weight so my BMI is under 30 and I can book another home birth without any issues
8. Pay off some silly wee debts and overdrafts
9. Stop getting impatient and shouting at OH in front of DD (or at all) - control temper as I inherited my mum's temper and really hope DD is more laid back and shouting in front of her won't help
10. Keep the house more tidy and clean more often - stop creating piles of stuff to sort out later
11. Stay off the computer during the day
12. Research becoming a doula and/or an NCT breastfeeding/postnatal teacher
13. Research teacher training in 2010, speak to OH about it and discuss if financially possible
14. Start saving for and planning my local wedding for sometime in 2009 (maybe depending on how TTC goes)
15. Stop getting library fines!

Phew!

I also like Misslarue's idea about doing 5 new things, so in 2008 mine are:-

*to follow once I've thought about them!*

Valentine Xxx

i dont really do resolutions, but i hope to fit back into my size 6 clothes in 2008!

well mine this year was to get from a 22 to a 18-16, and i have done that easily. if we decide not to try for another this year, its to get into a 14 and get healthier / fitter, if i can convince adam, its to get a BFP!! :D

To make more of an effort aesthetically.

That's the best way of wrapping all all I want to do in ONE resolution. I'm a scruff and my house is a mess cause I waste too much time. This year it's going to change :D

Mine are:

1) To COMPLETELY give up smoking - I only smoke when I drink alcohol now, but I dont really need to do that, its just out of habit - this is especially important as Im TTC

2) To go for a walk after work EVERY night - no matter what the weather is like.

3) Sort of goes hand in hand with number 2, to lose a dress size, I have gone up a dress size this year, I have become to comfortable.

4) To take alot less shit from my OH and kick him out if he doesnt stop eating and drinking so much! :rotfl:

I never make them as cannot trust myself to keep them :lol: but this year would like to make a couple, that I continue to do everything to make my little boy the best he can be, and that I get our BFP :D

Very best wishes with all your resolutions :hug: and for the smokers, I really sympathize with you :hug: I quit well over a year ago now but still miss it :? I wish you lots of luck in quitting!! :pray: :hug:

mine are

1. stop crying all the time for no reason lol
2. stop being so evil to my x
3. get a job
4. save money
5. stop eating loads
6. lose my baby weight when tamerons born
7. auditon for RARDA(performing arts college)
8. be a good mum
9. have a great year!!!!

humm i shud get some of them done lol

My resolution for 2008 is to lose weight! I've been trying for years yet it still creeps up and I am going to nail it next year! I want to be sitting here 2-3 stone lighter this time next year :dance:

my only one at the mo is to be more organised....

sure i will think of more before long

1. Get my lazy ass back to gym after physio and back has healed

2. Quit drinking

3. Stop trying to please other people and aim for what i want

1) To pass my AS levels so i get back into school without having to repeat 6th Lower.

2) To breastfeed Willow for at least 9 months if not a year plus.

:pray: :pray: It is essential to my happiness and peace of mind that i stick to these resolutions...so here's hoping

right i have 3 targets this yr

1. start my driving lessons and pass by xmas (is that possible - we shall see lol :lol: )

2. Get that promotion at work - sick of customers and much prefer paperwork :lol:

3. have a smoothie every morning for breakfast - hence the new shiny blender i got in the sales :wink:

and save a bit of dosh for a car too :D

1/ To be more healthy - Continue eating healthy, get into shape & do more excercise.

2/ Continue with driving lessons & pass my test.

:D:D:D I managed last years (to quit smoking) so determind to do this years aswell!

Well mine is to loose weight, iv done alright so far but i just eat crap all the time, i dont cook nice healthy food as when i get in from work bout 8pm i just cant be bothered.
I wanna Show my Ex what hes missing ince n for all :D

So girls, i really need your help and i'l try n help/support u too :cheer:

* To stop being such a wuss
* Make some new friends (real Life ones :oops: ) as I barely know anyone round here and I'm starting to realise how isolating it is
* Be a better housewife (this has already been broken :rotfl: )
* Be less lazy
* Get on with my home-based course that I paid for a year ago and haven't started :oops: :oops:
* Be less self critical, and actually do something about the things I can change (ie instead of complaining about the size of my @rse and thighs, eat more healthily and do some blumming exercise :lol: )

I'll stop now before my head explodes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back