Just had a phone call

MrsR

Reaction score
From James cook maternity unit. The sister/midwife was lovely, she was very apologetic whilst she explained that, due to lots of illness in the community midwife team, if I was to go into labour this weekend or next week I'd have to go to the hospital to deliver. She explained that all being well I could be discharged in around 4 hours after birth. She was absolutely lovely and very grateful that I was so understanding about the situation which surprisingly I am. I feel ready to cope no matter how Seb arrives and if that's in the hospital then so be it. I know I can still ask for all the things I want such as extreme privacy etc. A bit disappointing but nothing major.

It's good that they've let you know! Imagine going into labour then they say you have to go into hospital due to sickness!! Hold on Seb, we want a home birth story :D x x

OH wasn't happy after I got off the phone, in fact he's more annoyed than I am! I did say to him that I'm really grateful they called and warned me as they didn't have to x

its good that your not too disapointed about it. I think we have to have an open veiw about how our labour will happend tho but fingers crossed seb stays put for a little while xx

Oh no, being that I just read your other thread about possible slow labour signs! take it easy and wait till monday Seb , well done fokr your great attitude Helen X

Let's hope little Seb stays put for a bit longer then Hun! I know you wouldn't mind but it's such an experience your looking forward to and I'm
pretty sure your little boy will know that and wait xx

I've been constantly saying 'anytime you're ready now' to him but now it's more like 'just stay put a little longer'! Poor thing won't know if he's coming or going! Lol! I do really want the experience but what happens happens. I'm pretty relaxed about it all now. Just wrote my back up birth plan-I'd already done a home one so have now done the hospital one too! It's very very very similar! Lol! It's a midwife led unit.

Awww Helen, how understanding are you, I'm not sure I would be. But you are right, at least they've let you know so you can prepare yourself but lets hope little Seb stays put for a little while longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back