Just found out - hasn't sunk in!

RB1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found this forum this evening after spending from when I found out this afternoon freaking out about problems.

My partner and I haven't been using contraception since December, although haven't really wanted to think that we were "trying" and putting pressure on ourselves. January came and my period with it, and I got quite upset at not being pregnant.

I've had pregnancy symptoms for a couple of weeks - swollen boobs, bloating, extreme sense of smell, being very tired and going off some tastes - but I haven't had any sickness at all. I've had a cold so assumed it was my cold and being due on that was causing the symptoms. Gradually this last week I've felt like I'm about to have a period any minute, but nothing had happened.

Just to set my mind at ease I took a test this afternoon- and was gobsmacked when it showed positive.

I made my partner drive us to the supermarket to get a digital one, rushed home and did that one. Another positive, showing as 2-3 weeks pregnant.

Am I crazy by not quite believing it?

I'd just expected to have a lot of morning sickness, and there's been nothing.

It just doesn't seem real.

I can go to a walk in clinic at my GP's in the morning so can see a doctor straight away - will they do a test to confirm it at the doctors?

I think I'd geared myself up to expecting this month to be the same as the last I'm just having trouble believing it's actually happening!

Did anyone else feel like this?

I also now can't stop thinking about something bad happening, it seems too good to be true, so surely something bad is going to happen and burst my bubble.

Last edited:
Congrats!! :) some lucky ladies don't get sick at all. And mine didn't start til 6 weeks! I think you can safely say the doc will def confirm you are pregnant! Try to relax and enjoy it hun xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

congratulations, im sure itll sink in soon even though i stil dont think ive got my head around it.

I think when the digis say 2-3 thats like 4-5 weeks and symptoms dont always start until 6 weeks plus.

Try to think positive thoughts and if any worries then post on here the ladies on here are fab xxx

Thank you both for that - maybe the sickness is on it's way then! I'll feel better after seeing the doctor I'm sure!

Hi all,

I found this forum this evening after spending from when I found out this afternoon freaking out about problems.

My partner and I haven't been using contraception since December, although haven't really wanted to think that we were "trying" and putting pressure on ourselves. January came and my period with it, and I got quite upset at not being pregnant.

I've had pregnancy symptoms for a couple of weeks - swollen boobs, bloating, extreme sense of smell, being very tired and going off some tastes - but I haven't had any sickness at all. I've had a cold so assumed it was my cold and being due on that was causing the symptoms. Gradually this last week I've felt like I'm about to have a period any minute, but nothing had happened.

Just to set my mind at ease I took a test this afternoon- and was gobsmacked when it showed positive.

I made my partner drive us to the supermarket to get a digital one, rushed home and did that one. Another positive, showing as 2-3 weeks pregnant.

Am I crazy by not quite believing it?

I'd just expected to have a lot of morning sickness, and there's been nothing.

It just doesn't seem real.

I can go to a walk in clinic at my GP's in the morning so can see a doctor straight away - will they do a test to confirm it at the doctors?

I think I'd geared myself up to expecting this month to be the same as the last I'm just having trouble believing it's actually happening!

Did anyone else feel like this?

I also now can't stop thinking about something bad happening, it seems too good to be true, so surely something bad is going to happen and burst my bubble.

Hiya,

Congratulations!! I have also only joined this forum after finding out i was pregnant last week (8weeks) its such a shock and i dont think it feels real no matter how many tests you do you just dont want to get excited but thats normal i think!
I didnt have many symptoms either only a tiny bit of sickness but other than that hardly anything!
I went to the doctors and they do the same test that you would at home you have to pee in a coupe and they dip a test in! I went the same day i found out.
I think its normal to feel like this and my friend told me that it is impossible to get a false positive pregnancy test which im not sure if is true or not but quite a few people have said this!
Just book an appt tomorrow with your GP and enjoy it. With me even since my GP confirmed it still hasnt sunk it and dont think it will until my first scan.
Just be happy im sure you are especially if you have had those symptoms and enjoy the feeling its so nice when you start to think about what is happening!
Also this forum is so good there are so many supportive people here with experience and who are happy to reassure you!
Good luck xxx

i convinced myself that it was a false positive took it into work and all the nurses said it doesnt happen.
You may escape sickness i had nausea bt no actualy sicknesss

Hi Laura, thanks for replying - I think I will be the same that I won't believe it till I see it! I think I want to get a private scan so I can have an early one, it will set my mind at rest!

Congratulations to you too!

i convinced myself that it was a false positive took it into work and all the nurses said it doesnt happen.
You may escape sickness i had nausea bt no actualy sicknesss

Thanks Loula, I was reading about Phantom Pregnancies online a couple of weeks back so kind of have in my head that it could be that! I'm probs just being crazy though!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :) x

Hi Laura, thanks for replying - I think I will be the same that I won't believe it till I see it! I think I want to get a private scan so I can have an early one, it will set my mind at rest!

Congratulations to you too!

Im waiting for the date of my scan to come through and if its too far away i might get a private one too i think they are only £50 ish so not to bad and you can enjoy it quicker and for longer!
x

Welcome hun and a big congratulations! :) bless you, you sound exactly like I was when I first found out, I took a test every single day for about 2 weeks before I started to believe it.

I think you're just a bit early for symptoms yet hun, I had NOTHING for the first couple of weeks! I couldn't believe I was pregnant and feeling so normal... I think I expected to throw up immediately after seeing the line on the pregnancy test lol but I just felt exactly the same for the first couple of weeks. I was fully expecting a BFN because I've heard sore boobs are the first symptom and mine weren't sore at all, and still aren't! Tiredness started about 5 or 6 weeks. Then my sickness started at 6w 1d but it only lasted for a couple of days before disappearing again and coming back at 7w 3d. That's about it really, I've got off pretty lightly with symptoms!

It will sink in soon hun :) happy and healthy 9 months to you! Xxx

welcome and congratsies

it still hasnt properly sunk in with me yet until we have our scan in three weeks then it will be really real though its definately making its presence felt as the sickness is awful some days but its all good sickness xx

Welcome to PF , you will love the ladies on here , it;s the best thing I did join up when pregnant, oh's don't want to talk about babies every night, and before 12 weeks you can't tell most people anyway, so it was brilliant.

Congratulations on your pregnancy - don't worry, you have plenty of time for pregnancy sickness , mine ramped up at 6-8 weeks till 20 weeks ish

Enjoy your pregnancy

Congratulations :) let's hope yet sickness stays at bay!!! It became real for me once I had a scan at 8 weeks - it is hard to believe what is going on inside when you few symptoms but just count yourself lucky....for now at least :) xxx

Congratulations!
I can't believe I'm pregnant either, like ams I was taking a test every day for a while. It was reassuring seeing the line get darker and the digi go from 2-3 then a week later 3+
I found out 2 weeks ago with barely any symptoms thati d just put down to AF being on the way, didn't expect to see a positive at all. Now though symptoms are really starting to kick in, the nausea and sore boobs and back particularly. And I can't make it through the days without a nap lol. So I'm certain you will have plenty of symptoms in no time at all.
The ladies on this form are incredible, brilliant at sorting out any worries and fears you may have so always ask away.
Take care and congrats again!
Sarah x

Congratulations!
I found out last week and am still in the 'can't quite believe it' stage too. Also very few symptoms - sore boobs and increased sense of smell only. I'm sure it's all to come, I feel way too normal!

Congratulations and welcome to PF.

Everyone is different symptoms wise, ive had them from day 1 but other people dont have any at all and still have healthy pregnancies. I would go and see your GP asap and get the ball rolling, he may or may not do a test, mine didnt but every surgery is different. My midwife is based at my surgery so I made an appointment to see her when i was 7+1 weeks, most midwifes wont see until 8 weeks.

Hope everything goes well xxx

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not believe i am pregnant either, after 3 years of trying i had given up on ever getting BFP and thought the test was lying when i finally got it, even my partner didn't believe it and ran out to get a digital test and still then i refused to believe it until i saw my scan 2 weeks ago!

Even now i don't really feel pregnant and am finding it hard to believe still, i have to remind myself! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back