Just Found Out Im Expecting And Already 8 Weeks!

Laura1391

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have just joined this forum as i found out last week that im expecting my first baby! I had abosultley no idea i was pregnant as i have just had my tonsils out on Feb 3rd and thought all my symptoms were due to the recovery from this!
I had the operation and continued to be sick in the second week after my op my friend kept telling me to do a pregnancy test but was in so much denial i put it off!
Anyway last week i worked out my last period was on Christmas day so reluctantly i did a test and it came up positive!
Anyway been to the doctors to have all confirmed and he has given me a rough due date of 1st Oct 2012!
Everything seems to have come and once and it still doesnt feel real at all! Im waiting for the dates of my midwife appointment to come through but would be nice to hear how other people felt when they found out!
It just feels like its not happening and im so worried that im not pregnant as lost all symptoms.
Some reassurance would be lovley as been reading other posts and everyone seems so supportive!
Thank You x

Congratulations to you : )
Everything will be fine the ladies on here are great and full of knowledge x

Last edited:
Congratulations on your pregnancy! In a way you are so lucky to have found out later on as it can be such a long wait for some ladies (I found out the day I was due my monthlies so time is dragging by). Everyone is different and I have read so many posts on here about ladies who's symptoms have stopped and don't worry this is perfectly normal, I'm sure that the symptoms tend to ease of towards the end of tri 1. You have definitely come to the right place, everyone on here is so helpful, best of luck with your pregnancy :) xx

Aww lovely! Welcome to tri 1, no question is too silly or too gross to ask in here lol all these ladies are so helpful. Congrats on your pregnancy xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

See already i feel so much better thank you all so much!xx

Yay congrats! I'm due 2nd Oct ;-) xx

Yay thats so good! Its nice to have someone there who is going through the same! Have you got any dates for midwife appts or scans yet im waiting for mine to come through the post!
x

Yay thats so good! Its nice to have someone there who is going through the same! Have you got any dates for midwife appts or scans yet im waiting for mine to come through the post!
x

Iv had my first appointment with midwife and I have my booking in appointment a week on wednesday, no scan date yet, its really dragging, I expect ill get a date after booking appointment. I had an early scan at 7+3 (had mmc last year so it was for peace of mind) saw my little bean with heartbeat, its amazing so god knows how I will feel at 12 week scan!

x

Iv had my first appointment with midwife and I have my booking in appointment a week on wednesday, no scan date yet, its really dragging, I expect ill get a date after booking appointment. I had an early scan at 7+3 (had mmc last year so it was for peace of mind) saw my little bean with heartbeat, its amazing so god knows how I will feel at 12 week scan!

Oh gosh thats so exciting that youve already heard your babys heartbeat bet you cant wait until the 12 wk one now! Im going to be so excited at my scan i just want a date for something either midwife appointment or scan or something so i can look forward to everything! Im glad i havent known for the full 9 weeks as my scans and things are so soon already x

x

Oh gosh thats so exciting that youve already heard your babys heartbeat bet you cant wait until the 12 wk one now! Im going to be so excited at my scan i just want a date for something either midwife appointment or scan or something so i can look forward to everything! Im glad i havent known for the full 9 weeks as my scans and things are so soon already x

We had been actively TTC so known since before period was due...and yes it has dragged!!! Your appointments will be through before you know it, it is very exciting and nerve wrecking all in one! So was you TTC? how very exciting!

x

We had been actively TTC so known since before period was due...and yes it has dragged!!! Your appointments will be through before you know it, it is very exciting and nerve wrecking all in one! So was you TTC? how very exciting!

No wasnt TTC at all had been on anti biotics due to tonsilitis hence the reason i had the op to have them out and my periods have always been irregular so had literally no idea. My boyfriends still shocked hopefully he be a bit more excited after the scan because we wernt expecting this and i dont think its very real to him! Ahh congratulations to you TCC it must be so rewarding when you have planned it and finally its happened because you would have had all the suspense. So glad this forum is here you dont realise how stressful everything is and how much there is to think about until you actually are pregnant! Im very happy now though xx

Congrats and welcome! I'm due 6th October. Had a 7 week scan and saw heartbeat it was amazing.

Got my 12 week scan on 29th march that is my first midwife appt as well!

I'm sure you'll have loads of questions and everyone on here is so helpful!

Xx

Congrats and welcome! I'm due 6th October. Had a 7 week scan and saw heartbeat it was amazing.

Got my 12 week scan on 29th march that is my first midwife appt as well!

I'm sure you'll have loads of questions and everyone on here is so helpful!

Xx

Ahh congratulations to you too! Another October baby! Ohh so mine might be about then is aswell its so exciting i cant wait to hear my babys heartbeat i bet thats an amazing feeling! x:dance:

Congratulations,
Just think your alot closer to 1st scan and midwife appointments,
Hope all goes well for you x

Ooh congratulations hun and a big welcome! I think you're really lucky to have just found out now, I am due the day before you (looking at your ticker)... I've known since 19th jan and it feels like its taken FOREVER to get this far lol, its really dragged!

Just start taking your folic acid and putting your feet up now you know hun, your OH can start running around after you! Lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back