Just back from hospital....

Heulyn

Reaction score
I'm tired, and achey, so this is a bit of a duplicate from my journal, sorry...

I was taken into hospital on Saturday night with horrendous pain in my back, I could barely walk.

Turns out I have a Kidney/UTI infection. They hurt. Lots.
Just got sent home tonight, but:

Because I had no idea of my dates I got a scan - on 28-06-10 I was 5 weeks pregnant :happydance:
AND I had a scan picture to bring home - there's no name on it though?? Is that normal with EPU/early/emergency scans?

I have an appointment on July 9th for another scan, to make sure everything is hunky dory - and the nurse mentioned to heartbeat... will we just see it or hear it?? I don't know!

Anyway... a few days in hospital being pumped full of fluids / antibiotics / paracetamol and I'm home... not quite back to normal, but I'm alright - and so is baby <3

I have folic acid, paracetamol, antibiotics.... and lactolose :shock:

Thank goodness everything is already - how lovely to see your baby at such an early stage

So glad everything's ok :yay:

I can't remember if my scan from the epu had my name on it or not - it'll depend on whether or not they have all your info ready to enter into the system before the scan, which they might not if the scan wasn't planned :)

Glad you and butterbean are ok. I hope the infection goes super quick.

Glad you're ok and on the mend and great that you had a scan and saw that baby is ok. When you have the next scan you'll probably just see the heartbeat.

Take it easy!

Glad you're ok babe and how cool to see bubs so early x x

Glad your ok now :hug: when I had my early scans there was no name or details on the pic because they just used the little mobile scanner not the usual dating scan one xx

glad you and baby are okay hun.
my mum had a kidney/UTI infection a couple of months back and said it hurt like hell
xx

Thanks so much girls :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

It was nice to see the baby so soon.... the midwife said she even thought she could see a flutter of the heartbeat, BUT wouldn't say for sure until the next scan. [Too early, surely!]

I'm just uploading scan pics to photobucket now.... not that there's much to see on it, just a little blob, but I'm proud all the same.

I'm definately on the mend, and doing well.
[Although I'm feeling sick, and have no appetite, and hardly getting any sleep....]
Things are looking up, though :) xx

Oh blimey poor you Leah!

Really pleased you got it all sorted and are on the mend, and wow so you have a date and a pic , can't wait to see sticky Butterbean!

Great signs on the sickness even if you may feel rough Hun X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back