Just after opinions....

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by stargirl, Jun 18, 2013.

1. stargirl

stargirl Well-Known Member

Is 5 weeks old too early to put H down in his cot of a night. I want to try and establish a bedtime routine. His cot is in our room. We have monitors and he'll only be in there for about 2 hrs, at the most, before I and my OH go to bed.

2. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

We did the same thing from 3 weeks. Like you said we wanted to start establishing a very loose routine, and also wanted to watch a film in the evening without having the sound down low. We had a monitor and checked on her frequently and she was fine.

3. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

By all means try it but James wouldn't settle in his crib until he was a bit older.

By 9 weeks he was just fine though

xxxxxxxx

4. Em91

Em91 Well-Known Member

We started putting O to bed at 4 weeks. with a loose bath, bottle, bed routine. like you say its nice to have a bit of time to yourself in the evening and with the monitor you'll here any noise anyway :) xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

5. rheannymac

rheannymac Well-Known Member

It was about 5/6 weeks that we started doing it with Harry. I'd say whatever works for you & baby and whatever you feel comfortable doing xxx

6. Chezza

Chezza Well-Known Member

I don't think that's too early. We give J his bath at 20.30pm, then DH gives him his last bottle - he is normally asleep by 21.30pm - and for the last few nights, instead of keeping him downstairs with us, we have put him to bed in our room...and it's working well so far!

Good luck :) xx

7. stargirl

Going to try a loose kinda routine tonight and we'll see how it goes. Think it'll take a few nights to find what works for us.

8. vinandbella

vinandbella Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to start trying with Libby this week.

Fx as she's started to wake up when I put her in her crib she does get herself back to sleep but normally she stares at me while she's drifting off.

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

9. kat1988

kat1988 Well-Known Member

we started a vague routine at 2weeks, as long as u have monitors it'll be fine, good luck!

10. shell1978

shell1978 Well-Known Member

We have just started to try this. The first night no probs straight off but since then lo screams the house down lol xx

11. stargirl

H takes ages to settle in his Moses basket so I'm hoping the cot makes a difference. We can only but try.

12. shell1978

shell1978 Well-Known Member

Rian is still so dinky i cant see him in his cot till at least 6months lol but he loves his moses basket x

13. Mum2betash

Mum2betash Well-Known Member

We had our lo in her cot from her first night?! Hasn't done her any harm :) she is quite happy going to bed in her cot actually xx

14. tiggy85

tiggy85 Well-Known Member

I think I out Luca in his cot about 6 weeks, he was fine, but we put big rolled up blankets either side of him so he didn't feel it was so big compared to his Moses basket. He loves his cot now, it's the only place he will sleep now!

15. vinandbella

vinandbella Well-Known Member

I should say Libby has been in her crib from day 1, I'm gonna start putting her to bed before I go (maybe)

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

16. MummyEdgar

MummyEdgar Well-Known Member

William went into his bed about 6 weeks ago so he would have been 9 weeks ish. Started by putting Moses basket in big bed and then transferred him and used lots of checking and monitors. He seems happy enough

17. stargirl

H has had naps in his cot and he's lay in there having a kick about when I've been doing jobs. He does seem to like it.

He had a bottle about half seven. Drank it all (first time having a bottle of ebm) other half was so pleased to be able to feed him. H then had a cuddle and we put him down. He's cat napped and breast fed off me ever half a hr or so since but I don't mind. It's the first night of trying a routine. He's stayed calm and his wind hasn't been as bad as normal, so I'm pleased about that. :)

18. Sue Clare

Sue Clare Well-Known Member

Max is 12 weeks, he has his bath about 6pm, then last bottle and goes to bed between 7-730pm.
    He's been doing this since 7 weeks, so deffo give it a try. It's good to establish a routine at bedtime ASAP. Xx

19. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

We had J in his cot in his room at 9 weeks when he started sleeping through. His cot wouldn't fit in our room so he was in the moses. He's been fine since so whatever works for you.

We use the monitor and sensor mat and no hiccups so far xxxxx

20. Leah04x

Leah04x Well-Known Member

Ethan was about 5 weeks when we started a 'routine' - bath, bottle and in his moses basket in our room. When he outgrew his moses basket at 8 weeks, he went into his own room following the same routine xx