Noisy room

crackers24

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my LO in to some sort of routine. I've heard that the room she's in should be quiet and comparitively dark so that she can distinguish bedtime from normal day-time naps.

OH has a problem with this bcz we have a tv in our room and he thinks we should get LO used to the sound of it so that she is able to sleep through it when we're watching (it wouldnt be on too loud). Anybody have any opinions on this? am i being too paranoid for wanting a dark quiet room without having the tv on so LO can establish a good routine?

Thanks, xxx

At night I'd go with reasonable quiet, although we did have the TV on sometimes. Just not too loudly. Also if LO ever woke up when we had it on and needed a feed or a change we would turn it off till he went back to sleep. Also we make a reasonable amount of noise when getting ready for bed and so on. I alwys go with background noise in the daytime though. Although not the TV or radio as I don't think thats the right kind of 'white noise' for baby. I tended to use the hoover, hairdryer etc.

What I would say is more important is the overnight pattern, not so much the watching TV in bed before sleeping thing.

By this I mean when your LO wakes in the night you should keep it dark as possible, don't talk or make too much eye contact etc and do what you have to do before settling baby again. Of course when LO is so small its not always possible, if at all but as they get older it can be done more easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back