woo-hoo!

trixipaws

Reaction score
last nite for the first time we tried a bedtime routine with melissa (previously she just went 2 bed with us) on the advise of u lot and of my mum as millie had started to get grumpy in the evenings.

i expected it to take about 2 weeks to establish, but it worked first time, i couldnt believe it! it was so strange for it just to be me and my boyf again and to sorta relax its been over 3 months since we were alone together!

we subdued the lights upstairs, gave her a bath, then i gave her a bit of a feed, then at 9.30 put her down in our room in the travel cot (this was also the first nite not in the moses basket! the proper cot in her room is not set up yet)

we set up the baby monitors and i admit for the first 15 minutes i was sat next to it downstairs listening to it i could hear her sucking her thumb- aww it was so cute! then when she fell asleep and it went silent i had to pop my head in the door to check she was still breathing b4 i could finally relax! lol. then me and my boyf snuggled up and watched tv 2gethr. it was so odd not having millie wiggling about somewhere near us!

her early bedtime meant she was up at 3.30 for a feed (usually its more like 6.30) but she went back down then til 7.

yipee! hope it works 2nite!

That's great trixi! We have been trying this too but without much success! Our baby wants to sleep all day (which is good, but I miss her), then stay awake all evening! I am persevering though with keeping her awake during the day in the hope that we can establish a routine.

Well done babe!

Valentine xxx

Well Done Melissa - Your such a clever girl :dance: :dance: :dance:

valentine said:
That's great trixi! We have been trying this too but without much success! Our baby wants to sleep all day (which is good, but I miss her), then stay awake all evening! I am persevering though with keeping her awake during the day in the hope that we can establish a routine.

Well done babe!

Valentine xxx

Valentine, have you tried using upstairs and downstairs to mean night and day? I put Ryan down in the pram downstairs during the day (11am to 7pm dependant on feeds), and upstairs in the moses basket between 7pm and 11am and do any feeds after 7pm upstairs... We've done that from day 1 in the attempt that he'll understand that dark means sleeptime and the room with the playmat in means it's ok to be awake.

Well done trixi :cheer:

leckershell said:
valentine said:

Well done babe!

Valentine xxx

Valentine, have you tried using upstairs and downstairs to mean night and day? I put Ryan down in the pram downstairs during the day (11am to 7pm dependant on feeds), and upstairs in the moses basket between 7pm and 11am and do any feeds after 7pm upstairs... We've done that from day 1 in the attempt that he'll understand that dark means sleeptime and the room with the playmat in means it's ok to be awake.

Well done trixi :cheer:

hey valentine, also u could try making day noisy and nite quiet? thats what i do. i make a point of having tv/radio on all day and millie can nap thru it if she wants, but at nite i dont even talk to her during nite feeds. i make sure she kno's the difference that nite is quiet and she never has any probs sleeping.

Awww what a good girl Millie is!! :cheer:

It'll be good for you and OH to get time for yourselves again, I think everyone needs that :hug:

thats excellent trix!!!! Well done you and Millie!!!! :cheer:

YAY! its worked again :) i had a visit from my HV 2day and she said dont b disheartened if it dont work 2nite as it couldve been fluke type thing. so i didnt hav my hopes up, and it didnt look so good at first- there was a few minutes crying, and just as i was about 2 go in to her she stopped and settled. so here i am, downstairs with a cup of tea, on PF, with my baby put 2 bed again, hurrah! i do miss her tho, i kno im silly! when i hear her sigh or stir on the monitor i just think aww i want 2 scoop her up & cuddle her!
but i am enjoying the "time off"! hope the routine stays successful!

Yay Trix...that fabulous!! Well done you & Well Done Millie :cheer:

leckershell said:

We don't have an upstairs! But I know what you mean - we have started putting her in our bedroom now in the evenings but it feels counterproductive as we spend our whole time going back and forth to her as she just wants to be wide awake! She's such a good sleeper at other times, she gets herself to sleep no problem during the day and after a night feed - but her body clock is just a bit mixed up just now, I think - she sleeps A LOT during the day in her bouncer and in the sling with me - so no probs sleeping.

trixipaws said:
hey valentine, also u could try making day noisy and nite quiet? thats what i do. i make a point of having tv/radio on all day and millie can nap thru it if she wants, but at nite i dont even talk to her during nite feeds. i make sure she kno's the difference that nite is quiet and she never has any probs sleeping.

Yep - do this, but I am guilty of watching tv when we go to bed (but she's usually asleep by then) or watching 'Portland Babies' or 'Home Birth Diaries' :oops: during a night feed. i am also guilty of smiling at her during the night and getting so pleased and over-excited when she does BIG smiles and gurgles back - therefore over-stimulating her. However she doesn't have a problem sleeping at night, I just want to get her down earlier in the evenings (7pm instead of 10pm).

Last night she had a feed at 8pm then we were intending to give her a dream feed at midnight ish but she slept through from around 10pm til 3.30am then slept again til 7.15am when she had another feed. So I am lucky - I just want her to get into the whole bath, story, bedtime, sleep routine for 7pmish so we can get our evenings back and get into a good routine, but I know I'm being impatient and it'll take time.

Well done trixi!

Valentine xxx

im loving this! i think she is as well. she was down at 8.30 last nite and up at 4.45 for a feed, then back 2 sleep til 7.

its so nice to hav our evenings back, and i think shes much happier too, she'd become a really grumpy baby. isnt it funny that she was fine until around 3 months then its like she was telling us she was ready for a bedtime!

she cried a bit again last nite and i was just about 2 go in 2 her again when she stopped. it was hard listening to her cry on the monitor, 5 mins seemed like hours! but im glad i resisted, i wouldve spoiled it if i'd gone in.

Yay - well done trixi! It's working for us too - woo hoo! Last night she fed at 5pm (would rather feed her just before bedtime, but this was how it worked out as we had visitors), asleep by 7pm in her moses basket in the bedroom, EBM bottle dreamfeed at 9.15pm and another tiny amount at 11.15pm (2 oz in total), night feed at 3.15am (not much), then awake in morning at around 7.15am - yay!

I am loving having my evenings back, although I do feel like my arm has been chopped off!

You are doing brilliantly trixi!

xxx

Well done, its awful when they cry and you just want to go in and cuddle them!

I hope it stays this way for you :D

i must say i have been very lucky with nathan i give him a feed about 9ish and he goes off to bed straight after and doesnt wake up til about 7. last saturday he decided to have a lie in and didnt wake up til 9.30! :D

i must say i have been very lucky with nathan i give him a feed about 9ish and he goes off to bed straight after and doesnt wake up til about 7. last saturday he decided to have a lie in and didnt wake up til 9.30! :D

yay its still working! didnt think it would yesterday as she was a bit off-colour. but not a peep! she was so quiet after i put her down last nite i kept having 2 go in 2 check on her! life is so much easier now, and i hav my good-tempered baby back! :D

yay another nite its worked! this is the 6th nite now :cheer:

i well didnt expect it to work, every time i put her down at nite and shes looking at me smiling and kicking her legs i just think 2 myself shes wide awake i cant see this happening- but it does! just like when i was pushing her out of my bum, exhausted thinking how is this EVER gonna work?! lol this is another time im impressively suprised at how easy it turns out to be.

sometimes shes str8 2 sleep and some nites theres been a minute or 2 of crying; these are the hard ones 4 me coz iv got 2 resist going in 2 cuddle her. 2nite was one of these, she was quiet for a few mins then cried for a minute or 2 b4 she fell asleep. so far 3 nites hav been like this, so 50%! hopefully theyll lessen?

anyway, off 2 njoy my evening! ill linger around here 4 a bit then watch some tv or something, oh i cant decide i just dont kno what 2 do with myself lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back