***June 2020 mummies***

I told my manager (and the colleagues I was on shift with) the first day I went to work after finding out. I'm a mental health nurse and work on a ward with patients who can be challenging at times, so had to say straight away. I can no longer be involved in any physical restraints so the people I'm on shift with need to be aware of this, just incase anything were to happen. Thankfully, incidents like that aren't common, but it is an unpredictable environment and can quickly change. I think everyone at work knows now.

I do find it strange how our works handyman knows I'm pregnant, but most of my friends and family don't! Lol!

I told my manager (and the colleagues I was on shift with) the first day I went to work after finding out. I'm a mental health nurse and work on a ward with patients who can be challenging at times, so had to say straight away. I can no longer be involved in any physical restraints so the people I'm on shift with need to be aware of this, just incase anything were to happen. Thankfully, incidents like that aren't common, but it is an unpredictable environment and can quickly change. I think everyone at work knows now.

I do find it strange how our works handyman knows I'm pregnant, but most of my friends and family don't! Lol!
it's kinda funny when you put it like that- the handyman knows but your friends and family don't!!! hahahaha

Won't be too long till you can shout it to the world! :D I've not even had my first GP appointment to be referred to a MW yet. I'm going to look at self referral but I think they'll want me to see a dr too xx

They gave me a number to self refer when I rang my GP, so I haven't seen anybody yet. I thought I'd have to go in for a blood test, but I wasn't asked to.

@LuckyLaura have you got a GP apt booked then?xxx

So I've just got home from work, went to make myself a cup of tea but instead had to make a quick dash to the bathroom, feeling like I was gona vom! Quite a lot of wretching and a bit of bile... Now I'm all watery eyed lol.

4+6 today, is this the start of things to come?! Yikes!

I have my first midwife app next monday :) I'll be just over 8 weeks , its dragging

I'm so tired and constantly feeling sick but never sick.. always hungry and if I dont eat makes my sickness worse..

Never had this when pregnant with my three boys only when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter

Bottom of my back is agony aswell everything is slowly starting to ache and hurt can see this being a uncomfortable pregnancy

That's me got my sickness bands on now. Not that they even help in the slightest. But I think it's a comfort wearing them. I have started to feel sick non stop and having to run to the toilet. 2 months of this to go ....

@Helen88uk & @Lynsey252831 I hope its a one off and not constant eek!! Bless you! I feel a bit nauseous but nothing unmanageable and I'm 4+5 :)
@Natalie2 ooo wonder if it's a sign you're having another girl! I also have lower back pain, not agony though, hope it eases for you!

I got 2-3 on digi today yay!! I also have the feeling I'm about to come on my period!! Must be growing pains. And my boobs are definitely growing! Even hubby noticed haha! Xx

1571211002340.jpg

I haven't got a gp appointment yet, pretty much me being slow on that one haha they don't usually do anything to confirm the pregnancy like a urine or blood test so most people can self refer or it's just a case where the gp refers you but I had quite a difficult pregnancy with my daughter the first time and was consultant led from early on so I'm expecting to be this time. They'll want me to take aspirin so will discuss that, and I'll be referred through to the hospital rather than just the community midwives, most of my appointments last time were at hospital and I had gestational diabetes so they'll probably want an earlier test of that than the usual wait.then I'll have to go to GD clinic every Wednesday if I do have it etc.

I had very bad sickness up to around 26 weeks, with reduced movements due to dehydration of my girl from the sickness and was almost admitted for a drip etc . I had bad abdominal pain due to a fibroid too so I'm really hoping it doesn't go the same way but having some serious nausea already :( no actual sickness yet but close a few times.

I'm just exhausted to the point i can barely function so need my iron levels checked again as I am already on iron tablets xx

Hi girls
I have been on the phone to the gp this morning and they want me to go down for obs and bloods. Non stop being sick yesterday couldn't even keep water down.
He also said they could give me medication to take which I have had before as I got terrible morning sickness in last pregnancy.
This is on a whole new level. Xx

Hi girls
I have been on the phone to the gp this morning and they want me to go down for obs and bloods. Non stop being sick yesterday couldn't even keep water down.
He also said they could give me medication to take which I have had before as I got terrible morning sickness in last pregnancy.

Ooosh, that sounds awful! Fingers crossed this medication helps to settle your tummy! Xxx

Hi girls
Oh gosh you poor thing, glad they're keeping a close eye on you though! And hope the meds helps to settle the sickness xxx

Hi girls
:( how was yesterday for you for sickness?

I rang my gp yesterday morning around 9.30am to make an appointment and they said they'd a cancellation at 10.10am that day so I rushed down like a maniac haha I'm so proud of getting myself and a 1 year old out of pjs, her bag packed and shovelled toast into her beak then out the door hahaha of course they were running late and had ton wait until after 11 but it's still an achievement on my part..

Was sick for the first time yesterday but just once tho. Hate feeling nauseous all the time, cant wait till its past that stage. How is everyone doing? Xx

I'm over the moon - had the best nights sleep last night, slept a straight 9 hours without waking once! That's the best sleep I've had all week and I feel great for it lol!

Just chilling out in the bath at the moment. I really need to order a bath thermometer as I'm so worried about the bath water being too hot that it's only just warm! I'm sure I could probably have it a bit hotter, but don't wana risk it until I can temp it...

I'm still testing every other day to make sure everything is still alright, hoping once I make it to 6 weeks I'll start to relax a bit more. I'm 5+1 today xxx

I have been prescribed cyclizine for the sickness.
Was like a zombie the whole day yesterday as it made me so drowsy.
I did manage to keep a very small amount of food down.
X

I managed to get to mums and tots, not throw up my lunch AND a 15 min undisturbed shower whilst my little girl napped! I shaved my whole body so I'm like a slippery eel! :p Today has been the best day all week hahaha isn't it funny how your life goals change...

@Lynsey252831 I'm sure I was given those last pregnancy, they did absolutely nothing for me but I really hope it starts helping you! I had two different types but it was still horrendous- I had to start bringing a bucket with me in the car when I was leaving my husband to and from work as he didn't have his UK licence at that point, I'm really glad he has it this pregnancy haha

@Helen88uk yay for being 5+1 today! I think I am 6+2 today but I keep losing track, the days seem to be dragging in something shocking but then the past week flew too- im a bit all over the place really. I hope you will feel secure enough to stop testing :) it's so exciting though im sure you just want to keep seeing lines hehe

So what does everyone do? Do you work, stay at home, work from home? :) I am currently studying and a stay at home mum xx

I'm a mental health nurse, work full time shifts which can vary from mornings/afternoons/nights mon-sun. So I don't have a great deal of structure to my life lol, my rota dictates me I'm 31 and hubby is 33, this is our first.

We're in East Yorkshire, where are the rest of you from?xxx

I'm a mental health nurse, work full time shifts which can vary from mornings/afternoons/nights mon-sun. So I don't have a great deal of structure to my life lol, my rota dictates me I'm 31 and hubby is 33, this is our first.

We're in East Yorkshire, where are the rest of you from?xxx
Sometimes the more flexible schedules actually work the best :) oh that's cool we are a similar age, my husband just turned 30 in September and it's my 30th next month.

I'm from Northern Ireland but I lived in Edinburgh for 9 years and India for a while..
2 places I'd much rather be hahaha xx

Hi girls
I'm 33 I work from home have my own business and I have 3 older children already. They are 13, 10 and 6.
Tablets just made me sleepy to be honest and then still sick last night. I didn't sleep too well last night either.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back