Joshua James Mason 3/10/2010

Squeakz

Reaction score
so as everyone know's id been having contractions from the 26th of september.Everone was telliing me to wait and be patient etc and on friday evening/early sat morning, i felt a trickle of water down my legs that drenched my underwear (TMI sorry) so we went to the hospital at 5 in the morning and they said that if my body hadnt naurally given birth or at least put me in to established labour then i would be induced on the saturday, as there is a risk of infection whe nthe membranes have gone!

So naturally we did everything we could to push my body over in to labour, walks, baths etc etc etc pineapple ball bouncing and i did have some pretty painful contractions however they stopped again. So on the sunday morning i called the natenatal ward and they brought me in to commence the procedure! After waiting for 4 hours to be seen, the nurse finally came to see what the old cervix was doing and declared that i was 5 cms dilated already and s i could go straight on the syntocin (sic). DREAD! i was also told that basically my birth plan went tits up cos you need to be staying in bed and have to minotiiored full time :-(

So we toodled along to the delivery ward where they hooked me up to the drip and everything started off at about 3.25. Started getting contractions about every 3 minutes and survived on paracetamol, but after approx 1hr i needed the gas and air and then after another 45 minuts, a couple of conrtactions over 100% and the most excruciatin pain in the bum, the pethidene and codeine came out.The pain in my abdoman was completely livable just the pain in my bum was whst hurt the most. well tbh life for me was wonderful from then on in. i spent the next few hour basically dribbling. i had no concept of pain, couldnt speak was incredible. all i could manage was gas n air and 'water' plus the occasional nonsense. at 7 they needed to do an internal aand so with the help of an instant cathetar to empty my bladder, and i ws 6 cm i could've cried but that would have meant concious thought! However 10minutes later the rest of my water exploded everywhere and 20 minutes after that i was 8.5cms gone and still as high as a kite pain free and loving it!! By 9pm i was the whole 10cms and they made me wait for an hour befre pushing. The pain in my bum was horrible till but was told when i need to push push.

Throughout all of this they kept mentioning to phil that the babies heart rate was being funny and going quite low - about 70 rates a minute when it should be aroun 120 - 170 and htat they were really going to monitor it with another midwife who had an upto the second account of his rate!
At about 9.30 i sarted to feel it and so they helped me try and push bu tno mater what i did i just coudnt do anything. Thats when the mw kept running out to check with the other mw what was going on. Basically during ushing times the babies Hb was getting up to 210. So after 45 minutes they rushed me in to theatre. I had a million forms to sign, a million doctors,nurses, MWs and eervyeone else flood into the room, phil pushed out and get dressed for theatre and a spinal. Neext thing i knew, i was legs akimbo, and being told to push as they tried ventousse, forceps but nothing worked The little man did not want to come out at all. So they emergency sectioned me! Its al a bit of a blur really, i just remember phil holding my hand and looking scared and me reassuring him and holding his hand really!.... At 11pm THEY swept the baby away really quickly and let phil go out to him but he ended up in SCBU with breathing problems. After being stiched up they took me back to be with phil in our delivery room and gave me the most HORREDNDUOS photo of him. At 2am ish phil left as he was exhausted after havng a more traumtic time then me tbh...

At 4am they rolled me into him scbu unit and let me look at him for half an hour before letting me in to the post natal ward. I woke up with a catheter and a drip and broken eings everywhere, no baby by me and alone :-(

However that evening i got my baby and phil arrived to say hello that morning and my family came. Joshua had marks down his face and head from the forceps/ventouse, was on prcautionary anotibiotics for 48 hours before his blood work came back!

All was clear with his blood, and 5 days after we arrived to be induced we came home!!!!! was such a traumatic experience! had some wonderful MWs and a horrible one but a genrally miserrable time in hospital but phil was an aboslute ANGEL i couldnt have done it without him! he was my rock!!!!

Anyway yeah .... my birth story ..... Joshua James Mason born October (like his parents) 3rd at 11pm weighing 6lbs 15!!

xxxx

sorry you had such a hard time hun but many congrats xxx

oh lord you poor girl , that does indeed sound traumatic! i am so glad to hear your little one is ok and home now. 5 days is a long time! that would put me off having children for life i think, so well done to you xxxx

considering that the preganncy was sooooooooooo easy....ah well, i have a gorgeous baby who never lets me sleep haha!! x

Sounds like you had a really tough time Squeakz, but glad to hear that youre both home and well.

Congrats. xxxxxx

Sorry you had such a hard time of it! Sounds like you did really really well though x so glad you're all ok and home safe and sound x congratulations and piccies please!

Congrats hun! Sounds like you had such a hard time! Hope you and Joshua are ok now! x x

Congrats! what a tough time you all had, glad everything ok now

I'm pleased it all turned out ok in the end despite the trauma. Well done hun x

Wow you trooper!! there's always a horrid mw isn't there.

Congrats xxxxxx

Really horrible mw. First night he had been with me and first night after section and she's thr night MW comes to my room and says oh ypur doing fine and then doesn't bother to come back except to tell me to express a little! As she quickly tries to leave I have to tell her I have no idea how to! Had a right go at phil a couple tomes ... Ho_bag x

:hugs: well done you! sorry u had such a hard time tho :huugs:

Congratulations Squeakz, sounds like both our little ones were a little reluctant to come into the world. Well done to you and Phil though and glad you are all home now recovering and enjoying your LO.

aw i'm so sorry you had a bad experience!! congratulations hunni on your ickle man! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back