baby joshua devlin

klam

Reaction score
12/06/10
3 days before edd!
after all that moaning and rantin he is here, the most adoreable little boy in the world (if i do say so myself)! lol

from 37 weeks i was gettin conttractions everyday which were slowly dilating the cervix and i was losin bits of plug everydayso kept thinkin this is it!! but nope lol. noone would touch me until after my due date which was very very frustrating so anyway....
planned a family day out for saturday the 12th june woke up and felt an urge to clean the house which wasnt unusual really. was washing the dishes at 10 o clock and got one almighty sharp pain an i instantly knew i was goin 2 hav this baby 2day. went to loo and i was bleeding but didnt want to go into hospital till i was sure the pain wouldnt stop!
told other half we werent goin out and to get our 4 year old ready and out while i tried to have a bath. got in bath but was in agony got straight bak out and i was mooing and swearing it was soo sore! didnt seem to be gettin a break from contractions so told other half we had to go to hospital. i gave them a call and she says oh u sound like u need an ambulance i refused and sat in car panting n screechin for the 20 min drive got to hospital and straight in to labour room as i was pushing.
it was around 11.30am when we arrived, the midwife askd to check me and i was 9cm dilated!!! was absolutely gutted i culdnt hav epidural!!! she gave me gas and air and stripped me naked lol. kept saying i needed to poo so she told me to push if i needed to (she was amazing) the gas and air was doing nothing at all so i just bit the mouthpeice and wailed. was in agony and beggin for pain releif. the midwife looked me in the eyes and told me to push into my bum and my baby would be out! i kept askin her to break my waters so baby would come down but she sed its best they go themselves!! so i pushed his head out the burning and stingin was dreadful feeling but the 2 midwifes and my partner were starin at my babies head still in the waters!!! they told me he was going to be a good sized baby at this point! which scared me cos i thot he would rip me open :shakehead: felt like ages before the next contraction but it came so i pushed and oh my god! thot this was the easy bit but i felt both sides of his shoulders come out and his bum and legs was very strange and mega painful was glad it was all over! they hadnt seen a baby born in its waters before and sed its good luck:) he was put strate on me and he screamed! :lol: but i couldnt get him up to my face as cord was so short then he pooped on me so midwife went to wipe it and noticed cord round his neck :oooo: he went pink within seconds after this he looks like a rite wee boy aswell! my partner cut cord and we waited and waited for placenta! eventually came out whole and i only had grazes and a small tear which will heal its self. he was 7.11 ozs with dark hair just like our daughter! and he is so content me n his daddy keep staring at him for hours just cant beleive this little baby is ours and his big sister adores him they have bonded soo well. anyway i wont bore yous with all the after details but we named him joshua as soon as he was out as his squished nose makes him look like a josh lol. ill try and add a picci xxxxx

Attachments

• Josh 006.jpg
    Josh 006.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Josh 003.jpg
    Josh 003.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 54
  • Josh 015.jpg
    Josh 015.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 54
congratulations hun. That was a fast labour!! He is a very hansome fella xx xx

congratulations hun! thanks for sharing your story and by the way - he is gorgeous (but you know that already) :lol: xxx

congratulations!! I'm glad it was all done fairly quickly in the end, he's a beaut! :yay:

thanks! not the best pics. oh he was born at 1.50 forgot to mention that! had to keep a hat on him as he was a little cold at first. he hasnt found his voice yet but im sure it wont be long! just sounds like a little cat crying haha xxx

Congrats!! Such a quick labour too and a very handsome littleboy x x

Wow congratulations! Short labour in the end then after him keeping you guessing for days!!! Beautiful boy xx

Wow another quick birth, I hope this is the theme for June babys LOL. Congratulations, it sounds like you coped amazingly well, especially as you had no pain relief. He is beautiful and I love the name xx

super fast - just as well after all the build up. Sounds like you did really well - well done Klam. Gorgeous pic of Joshua and you xxxx

Wow...what a birth story! He's beautiful! :cloud9: Congratulations! x

congratulations!!!!! hope my labours that quick xx

wow congrats :D
its the pain an the stinging makes me think can i do this eek!! lol x

Congratulations! He is gorgeous x x x sounds like you did really really well x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back