Jarred baby food

Hunnie

Reaction score
How many of you are using jars and pouches??? Feeling guilty as I haven't had time to make Sophie any homemade stuff at the minute so unless she has tea with us she has a jar.

I still give Grace some :) she's been having a jar of porridge every morning the past few days since I bought some. I don't really get her the dinners any more but she did have one the other day for a quick meal at dinner time! xxx

I used them fairly often when my lo was small. Firstly they were convenient especially when you are exhausted! But secondly because I found that I could offer him more variety this way and try him on foods that I wouldn't necessarily be inclined to cook myself?
I would try him on different tastes and then when we found something that he really liked I would start to make it myself, so I found them good for experimenting with tastes.
Also, they are really handy for when you are out and about.
There's nothing wrong with using the jars/pouches hun, please don't beat yourself up about it xx

I give it to introduce new things like meat, saves wasting food and then I try to make it without giving him food poisoning :D

We weaned with jars until 10 months when we pretty much stopped. She eats what we eat now but I do have a couple of toddler meals (1-2yr) in the cupboard for when we have something like chilli or a curry

Aw hun don't feel guilty! If I don't have time I'm the same and feed her jars or pouches. If I have a tea she can eat then I'll feed her that. Ive just introduced ham or cheese spread sandwiches at lunch but it takes her that long to eat and I'm usually in a rush to go out so occasionally I'll give her a jar then too x

I keep a stock of sachets in for emergency and I like to keep a couple on me for when I go out. They're very good for when you are caught short or need to feed in an awkward place. However J has been poorly a couple of times recently and he seems to prefer them when he's ill. Rest of the time I try and do home cooked because to be honest it's a lot cheaper.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I use them occasionally. LO is fussy with foods though so it's not like I can just look at them and pick up one to try him with - cos more then likely it will end up spat allover the place!

He has fruity ones sometimes though. They're convenient and good for when you're out and about :)

i use fruitpots often as lunches out or snacks. 90% of the time alyssa wont eat jars tho so i dont bother with them, i just give her some of whatever im having if i can or something ive pre made and frozen if i cant. i did big batches of sweet potato for when im busy and if i make her a tea seperate i make enough for 2/3 portions and freeze the extras in pots.

i use pouches as no matter what i try alex will not eat proper food that i make fruit and veg she will eat but proper food no chance she just ends up hysterical x

I keep pouches for emergencies or if we are out and about. He likes to eat what I'm having so its not a big problem for us (bar dairy) x

I wish my LO would eat them, or the toddler meals now. They are so handy and last night at 11pm while piping on mashed potato to 16 indidivual fish pies I was cursing the fact that she wouldn't eat them!!

This has made me feel better :) I always wanted to be super mum and make all my own food but when myfreezer isn't big enough and it seems to take me all week to catch up on house work after I've worked the two days plus the overtime I usually do for her then to turn her nose up at it I just can't do it anymore :(.

So glad I've seen this. I never have time to make much homemade, and was feeling so guilty for doing mostly jars and pouches. There's good stuff in them. I think mummies are made to feel like they should be doing it all, but it's literally impossible. My friend once said she felt bad because she never took her LO to baby groups, and I was feeling bad because she was making ALL his food. We both twigged that there was only time for us to do one or the other!

Sent via Tapatalk

I think now days the ready made stuff is packed with nutrients so baby isn't missing out x

Personally I think they are more likely to get a balanced diet with the jars and pouches. How many of us have time to cook ourselves home made highly nutritional foods let alone consider everything a baby needs as well. Although I try to and sometimes have to make Albert's food cos of his intolerance I've always got pouches to fall back on and I get a bit panicky if I run out lol

A doesnt like jars bar fruit ones and.Plum Lamb and Peas meal. I just freeze couple of portions when i cook.for us, this way I have stuff in the freezer. If i.am out,.i will give him whatever i.have.
I do use hipp vegetable.medley jars as sauce.sometimes, quite handy.
He had tonsillitis recently and would only eat porridge and purees,.thankfully i.had some in the house!

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I've never used savoury jars for Jack (i've always homecooked for my childminded kids so was used to cooking in batches etc) but he loves his fruit pots!

Nothing wrong with jars at all, i'm just lucky because I work from home so once he's napping I can get the evening meal ready.

Nowadays I don't tend to batch cook. We have our dinner and Jack will have it for his dinner the next day (does that make sense?) If there is extra i'll freeze a few pot fulls incase we have a takeaway or something spicy etc x

Personally I think they are more likely to get a balanced diet with the jars and pouches. How many of us have time to cook ourselves home made highly nutritional foods let alone consider everything a baby needs as well. Although I try to and sometimes have to make Albert's food cos of his intolerance I've always got pouches to fall back on and I get a bit panicky if I run out lol

I think that's the reason why I started with the jars as I was scared of poisoning her when cooking meat and fish and I still wanted her to be able to have a varied diet. I cook up batches of veg combinations but still stay away from meat and fish lol

I think until she's eating proper meals ill have to stick to what I'm doing and use the jars. OH usually doesn't come home for tea at the minute and I'm not really the biggest eater in the world so don't usually have my tea. It's only since having soph that I've started eating breakfast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back