portions

sam96031

Reaction score
sorry this is a bit of rant just wanted to write it down.

what size portion do you give your 1+ year old? Emma is 16 months old and our HV (a new one) came round last week and said thta you should only give your baby a portion the size of her fist, thing is Emma has small hands and if i did that she would be starving! when she has a jar she has a full 15+months jar and a pudding which is more than a fist full.
Also the HV had a sly dig at giving jarred food saying that she would not be getting her fresh fruit and veg, thing is emma preferrs jarred food ( she usually has one jar and the rest of the food in the day is homecooked)

That doesn't seem right at all! Austin already eats more than a fistful of food at every meal! I usually put out a fairly big portion & he eats until he's full then stops.

Do what you feel is right, you know Emma better than any HV :hug:

sorry this is a bit of rant just wanted to write it down.

what size portion do you give your 1+ year old? Emma is 16 months old and our HV (a new one) came round last week and said thta you should only give your baby a portion the size of her fist, thing is Emma has small hands and if i did that she would be starving! when she has a jar she has a full 15+months jar and a pudding which is more than a fist full.
Also the HV had a sly dig at giving jarred food saying that she would not be getting her fresh fruit and veg, thing is emma preferrs jarred food ( she usually has one jar and the rest of the food in the day is homecooked)

That doesn't seem right at all! Austin already eats more than a fistful of food at every meal! I usually put out a fairly big portion & he eats until he's full then stops.

Do what you feel is right, you know Emma better than any HV :hug:

I dont know about babies, but, for adult recommended portion is meat-size of your open palm + potatoes/rice/pasta - size of your 2 fist + side veggies - size of your open palm.
All in one go.

I suppose with kids its similar? :hug:

I dont know about babies, but, for adult recommended portion is meat-size of your open palm + potatoes/rice/pasta - size of your 2 fist + side veggies - size of your open palm.
All in one go.

I suppose with kids its similar? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back