Help with feeding my 19 month old please

noodle1

Reaction score
Up to now Thomas has had jarred food for two reasons... because we both work shifts and eating all together is not possible and because i am a rubbish cook and know that he will get all of the nutrients he needs from the jars.

He's just decided to stop eating the jarred food and is becoming very fussy :roll: . All I am getting him to eat is a cheese spread sandwich for lunch and beans on toast or something similar for tea, plus fruit with both. It's just not enough and not giving him the vitamins he should be having.

Can anyone give me some ideas of stuff I can make for him that's not too complicated please? :pray:

hey hun id be interested in any replies as Ava is exactly the same shes 17 months, and she was having Jars once a day, atm she is eating like a sparrow, Like today for instance she has had...
Breakfast
2 fingers of toast, and some dry apricot, and 1 spoon of yoghurt(she threw the rest on the floor)
Lunch shes had A sandwich with ham maybe 6 bites if that, a rice cake, about 3 mouthfull of beans and a yoghurt and a small orange,
Dinner she will have whatever we are having which tonight is a roast pork, and i will be lucky if she has 10 mouthfulls, followed by semolina she does like that!
she has only become fussy the last week or so, but it drives me mad!! I have started giving her aprimill Grown up milk just for the vitamins before bed, rahhhh!!! xxxxxxxx

I'm interested in this too as my DS (13 months) has been the same for the past 2 weeks and I'm going crazy trying not to let him see me get stressed.

Today he has had:

4oz follow on milk
stage 1 jar of breakfast.

3 oz follow on milk
2 bites of potato waffle and 1 little star yougrt.

4oz of baby juice
1/2 rusk
1/2 Goodies fruit bar.

Stage 2 jar of Banana delight.

Not had bed time drink yet but that will most likely amount to 4oz of follow on milk. It's just not like him and I've turned to offering him more follow on milk than ususal.

its soooo stressfull, My oh see's it ..''she will eat when she's hungry'' its alright him saying that, but im home all day with her fretting she hasnt eaten anything, its very hard not to show im getting anxious with her,
Although saying that last night she ate the whole bowl of roast followed by a fruit puree, then a sacsuma (sp?) thats very rare going by the past two weeks,
this morning i managed to feed quite a large bowl of ready brek to her followed by a blueberry and apple smoothie, I feel so much happier when she eats :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Charlotte is hardly eating at the min either and it is really stressful! I am liker you Saffy i feel happy when she eats!!

What is it with these children at the moment!! Today Tom's been quite good actually, he has had...
Breakfast -milk, then 2 weetabix.
Lunch - Cheese spread sandwich (1 slice of bread), half a packet or quavers
Dinner - Beans on 1 slice of toast and this is what he left...
Image010.jpg

then a small banana chopped up for pudding.

Will have some more milk before bed too, a good day today I think :D

do they like pasta?

boil up some pasta and you can get stir and serve sauces (i use homepride one) chop up small pieces of red/yellow pepper, tomato and cucumber and small pieces of ham and grate some cheese on the top. luke loves this.

he also loves crackers and cheese for a change here and there, and sandwiches with a variety of fillings like banana and peanut butter.

macoroni cheese, doesn't have to be complicated at all.

scambled egg on toast.

chicken dippers chips and peas.

potato waffles cut into fingers with a variety of veg.

Sometimes the simplest things can be the best, and you dont always need to cook things. Tyler loves things like carrot, pepper, celery etc, all cut into sticks with some dips, maybe a bit of cheese. You can always add crackers or something. Or as someone else suggested, cook a bit of pasta or rice and just chuck in some veggies, it doesnt have to be fancy. Pizza is another good one, you can just put whatever topping you want on it, so you know LO is having plenty of veg/cheese etc. We make our own, and i get Tyler to help me, that way he loves eating it! x :hug:

Thank you rusks and lisa282, some good ideas there :D

Does he like fishfingers? They are my LOs favourite. You could try veggie dippers - like chicken dippers but carrot, broccoli and sweetcorn instead of chicken, cauliflower cheese grills, fishcakes, omlette, cheese on toast, jacket potato with grated cheese, mashed potato and gravy - you can get pouches of Heinz baby gravy ready made. I have to disguise veg in my LOs food as he is a bit unpredictable with it so I usually just mash it in.

If you're pushed for time you could always try some of the Annabel Karmel ready meals, pricey but of he eats it then could be worth it. Also Sainsbury's do a good range of kids food - fresh and frozen. My LO likes the sweet potato and carrot mash which is frozen but has no additives or salt etc in. :D

last week she was eating three whole meals a day, but since sat its gone tits up again :(
Monday was a nightmare, breakfast was 1 spoonfull of porridge, 1 bite of a finger of toast and maybe 3 slices of banana, Lunch she had a quarter of a jam sandwich, with 1 breadstick dipped in cream cheese, and a sacsuma (sp?)
Dinner she threw on the floor :( And she ate some rice pudding.
Monday night she woke up in the night about 4 times :wall: :wall: in the end i gave her milk just so i could sleep, nightmare!!!
Yesterday she had fruit bread for breakfast, with a smoothie, well about quarter of the beaker.
Lunch 3 spoons of leek and potato soup, i finger of bread and a few grapes.
Dinner 2 chicken bites and 2 smilies and maybe 4 scoops of baked beans. Then before bed 9oz milk, its soooooo anoying!!!!
Im trying sooo hard not to make it an issue, but i dread meal times, whats happened to my fantastic eating toddler :( xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back