I've changed my mind on the baby's sex!!!!

Zoe20

Reaction score
hiya Ladies,

After talking with my oh yesterday, ive changed my mind on wanting to know what sex the baby is, this has disappointed my oh. I can understand why as i talked him round to finding out. But at the moment i just dont want to know. Ive always said from the beginning that i wanted to know. i made the suggest of if at the scan i still didnt want to know then he could ask for the sex to be wrote down and if i did change my mind then he could tell me. But now think its a bad idea as i dont think he would be able to keep it a secret. I just dont know what to do for the best. The scan is in 12days time.

Any one else feel like this?

thanks Zoe x

My OH would very much like to know the sex but I am adamant we are staying team yellow. He had the same suggestion about him just finding out but I really don't think this could work - every time you look at clothes he'll gravitate towards boys or girls stuff and the same when you discuss names - you'll just know! My OH conceded that as I was carrying and delivering the LO that I could have the ultimate decision, and we'll soon know anyway! I think if one of you know then both of you will know.
In the end I think you should have the final decision as you are doing all the of the hard work :lol:

When I fisrt got my BFP I was adamant that I wanted to know what we were having as soon as possible! I thought I wouldn't be able to ge organised, buy clothes etc. ( OK, I'm just darned impatient!!!) but as time went by I thought "wouldn't it be nice to have that most amazing surprise when bubsy is born?"
The clothes thing's easy - white and cream all round - which I think lovely lovely on a newborn anyway.
I must admit over the past few days I've been a bit down for some reason (probably just raging hormones!) and the thought has crept into my mind that I might feel better if I knew what the little life inside me was so I could give him/her a name and have a proper chat!!!
Hubby has not really had a strong feeling either way - if I really wanted to find out he wouldn't mind.
I need to stay strong and remember how lovely it will be when bubsy gets put into my arms for the first and we find out whether our little bundle is pink or blue!!! xxx

My midwife said there is proof that women who dont know the sex are better 'pushers' so I would do anything to make labour better iykwim!! I had my scan yesterday and stayed team yellow, and today I love not knowing still and the chance has gone to find out.. Bring on the next 20 weeks!! xxx

thanks Ladies, we've picked names, so names isnt an issue really. but clothes wise i tihnk thats where he would slip up. with my first i had a gut feeling from early on to the point i never picked a girls name. But i did it alone my sons dad didnt want to know and i was more than happy to do it alone.
I think i want that feeling of a big surprise at the end. Who knows i could end up changing my mind in 12 days. Thanks again ladies
x

My midwife said there is proof that women who dont know the sex are better 'pushers' so I would do anything to make labour better iykwim!! I had my scan yesterday and stayed team yellow, and today I love not knowing still and the chance has gone to find out.. Bring on the next 20 weeks!! xxx

I'm glad you said that! This is what I've been thinking- it might keep me going through the hard work knowing that I'm that bit closer to finding out :lol:

I've always known I want to stay team yellow and said the only way I'd find out is if it was twins :shock:

Initially OH wanted to know but I must have put forward a very strong case as he is now 100% team yellow too!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey.
I thought I'd share my story! I was always desperate to know what the sex of our baby was. I wanted a private gender scan at 16 weeks but OH and family talked me out of it. My detailed scan was at 20 weeks and as a result I spent 5 weeks going crazy and wishing so much that Ihadn't listened to them all. After all I knew best. I bought boys clothes as I was so sure I was carrying a boy. Then when the scan day came round last Thursday both of us had a panic and wondered if we should find out. We did in the end and I can honestly say its the best thing in the world knowing. I have spent the last week floating about with excitement, buying girly things (hated that I was proved wrong by everyone who said from day one a girl) and I have really started to bond with my girl now and given her a name iukwim.

had I of waited until the birth to find out I personally think for me the emotion of it all would have been too much!! I know the birth will be bad enough as I seem to be the biggest wimp since my BFP!!! However, seeing my mum and OH's face when they were told they are getting a girl was just amazing. Means now that we can prepare the next 17 weeks before her arrival and in actual fact, there is now nothing much left for me to buy!!!

For us it was the right thing to do. We are so excited to kow. I have a little tiny doubt in my mind now about the sex but I know I am being daft as the sonographer said she was as sure as she could ever be - just hope they haven't got it wrong.

I know lots of people who have stayed team yellow and hats off to them - Im just far too impatient. I also know one couple who have 2 girls and on both occassions the woman found out and kept the secret from her husband. How on earth she done that twice I will never know!!!! I can't hold my water for 5 minutes never mind all that time - twice!!!

Good luck with it all xxxx

I was exactly the same as you, I wanted to know right from bfp and OH didn't really mind. Then it got to 2 weeks before my scan and I changed mind. How many surprises do you get in your adult life.

I nearly caved on scan day but OH put his foot down, so we are team yellow and now with only just over 7 weeks left im so pleased we waited! x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Both me and OH are team yellow, and I fully agree about it hopefully making labour easier. Part of my thought has always been that its one thing that will get me through the last bit of pregnancy and labour and you really don't get many surprises as an adult. Your baby might not even want you to know, at my 20 week scan the baby's legs were tightly crossed!
I'm sure your OH won't mind not knowing, the surprise will make it all worthwhile :)

I'm 34 weeks and team yellow. I was adamint I was finding out. And then one day my boyfriend text me at work to say how did I feel about not finding out. So that was that... We've resisted temptation. He said to me that if I could think of one thing a baby boy needs that a baby girl doesn't, then we would find out... And well there's nothing. Except different colours. We even had a 3d scan and didn't find out!! You don't get many surprises in adult life, and we really don't care what this baby is, so happy either way!
And our nursery is lovley and neutral from mamas and papas, same with Moses basket etc... And as for clothes it's been a financial god send I don't know, I know I'd have been buying stuff that baby would never have gotten round to wearing. So we have some lovley white sleepsuits, and cream stuff from next. That will do us the first wee while. Then we will see what gifts we get. Then my boyfriend says when I am up for it we can go into town with the baby and new pram go for lunch and go a shopping spree for baby!
And personally I think not knowing is helping me nearer the end... Sure it will in labour too!

I found out the sex at my 20 week scan and afterwards I wished I hadn't, I just felt like I should have waited x

Hi it's def a difficult decision that you don't want to get wrong. Me and my oh didn't find out on our first and I have to say it was def the right decision. I come to the conclusion that it's a lot more exciting to tell people what sex you have had once you have given birth rather than everyone already know and you only have the weight to tell everyone. It also made me push harder when everyone in the room kept saying we can see the hair not long and it will be here.x

thanks ladies. just guess ill have to wait and see how i feel the day of the scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back