IuI First Appt

skeando

Reaction score
Got my appt letter through for my first appt at the Royal for IUI.........and it's not till August :wall2:

Seems like it is just gonna be a chance for them to do blood tests for HIV, hepatitis etc and decide if they think we would be like half normal parents.

There are pages and pages of forms to fill in all about our health and relationship etc (which are really quite intrusive, not that we have anything to hide but you know what I mean).

It also says I need to bring the results of my latest smear test but also the results of a rubella immunity test...... I don't know if I have ever had this done. Can I just ask my doctor to do this?

Yeah, you can just go and ask your doctor to arrange a smear and a rubella if you haven't have them done before :)

I'm trying to remember but i'm not sure which questions you feel are a bit too intrusive?

I think i remember some about sleeping with someone from a HIV country or having anal sex? lol

They don't use the answers to judge you, just to make sure that you are not at health risks that possibly you overlooked xx

No way your joking August? Have you been at the Royal at all Skeando? For the boooking appointment? I think its an absolute shambles there!

That blows my hope of starting ovulation induction in June then. I thought that it was just a case of starting the treatment. Im going to go nuts!! All these tests could they not have been done in the wait? I was told 16 months wait. June is 16 months and ive not had an apointment through so Im going to be even later than August then.

Yeah i was told 16-18months, and it's 17months now so i guess technically they weren't lying, but it's annoying.

No not been to Royal at all, this will be first appt. It sounds like it's just for blood tests for HIV and hepatitis.

We have pages and pages of forms to fill in with stuff about how long we have been together, if we live together (and if not why not), do we have any kids living with us or not living with us (and if they don't live with us why not), have we ever been involved with social services, have we ever had psychiatric treatment and it goes on and on. I know they have to check all this stuff, but it's just a bit annoying.Oh and the questions for OH about what he wants done with any sperm samples if he dies..... it's just a bit scary.

I think there will be a second appt where basically they will tell us whether or not they are prepared to treat us and then I don't know what will happen from there, no doubt it will be months and months more waiting .

Skeando are you from a different health board and coming into Glasgow?

Gosh those questions do sound a bit strange... they do sound more about your parenting ability than anything.

Laurat I live in Glasgow anyway.

The questions do seem a bit OTT, but I guess we have no choice :eek:/

Supposed to be working that day, not really keen on telling work so gonna have to work out how to get round that.

Yeah we had all those questions and our thought was 'you don't ask unemployed sti riddled chavs these questions' you also have to sign a form that says yóu can use OH's sample if he goes doo lally between sample and procedure!!

I've had 1 IUI cycle and that is more intrusive than the forms, don't ever under estimate that. I hated it, sorry if that's not what you want to hear, its a big journey so be prepared. Make sure your fighting fit.

But on the grand scale of things, if you get your BFP none of it matters. You'd sign anything if it meant you could have your baby xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back