Is it ok to fly with high blood pressure ?

scandicmum85

Reaction score
I wonder if its ok for me to fly if my bloodpressure is high, read somewhere cant rememember where when u pregnant and got high bloodpressure u cant fly ?x

my hubby was working in the uk and i was living in Ireland when i was pregnant with our daughter i suffer blood pressure in pregnancy but flew to him every 2 weeks and was fine just say it to your midwife if your worried x

i suffer fromt fear of flying too. So I tend to get anxiety and sometimes hyperventile when im flying.. So dont know if that would rise my bloodpressure or oposite.

that could raise it for you check with your mw just to be safe xxxxx

I'm a travel agent and my advise would be no.... I'm no doctor but I'd worry about it, you're 20 weeks yeah? Technically most airlines say OK to travel in pregnancy to 28 weeks and then you will need a doctors letter but agree to check with GP or midwife on this one! Also depends on where you are going and to make sure that travel insurance will cover you. You would have to declare pregnant with high blood pressure to insurers - may cost you extra depending on their risk assessment.

I have just come back from a holl and I have been signed off work with high blood perssue. I spoke to my doctor as we had a holiday booked and his advise was go on it - he even gave me a fit to fly note :) When I have come back I my blood pressure has actually come down a bit so I would say go for it - especially if its fo a relaxing holiday! Just make sure you holl insurance covers pregnancy related matters - I got my ins of the internet it was £11 for a week and was for expecting mothers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back