Blood Pressure

DaisieBee

Reaction score
Am a bit worried as have been told my blood pressure is a bit high. I think 120/70 is normal, does 'normal' change when you are pregnant? What have your blood pressures been like, and how high is too high?

:wave:
i think they will be monitering your bp off what it was
when you had your first booking appt, thats what they did with me last time
if its higher than that then they will class it as high (i think)

Hiya hun - first of all have a :hug: I know how worrying it can be as i developed high blood pressure at 35 weeks - it went from my normal 120/70 to 170/98 !! Its the bottom number they worry about any anything over 90 or 20 over your usual is classed as high

I was monitored weekly by the hospital and urine checked regularly as there was a worry it could be pre-eclampsia. I was so worried but my consultant explained that pregnancy induced hypertension is quite common and usually is nothing to worry about. It stayed as just high BP until 39 weeks and i was induced at 39+5 but unfortunately for me the hospital found that it had finally developed into was then pre-eclampsia and i was put on tablets.

Baby was born fine (by emergency c-section in the end as my labour didnt progress and i was holding onto my fluid too much) but i am still on tablets to keep my Blood pressure down - my MW said it can take 6-8 weeks to come back down

So keep an eye on it and be aware of it, but please try not to worry

hope ur ok hun...are u sure u weren't nervous or talking while taking ur BP? coz these factors change the reading...try reduce ur salt intake and get it checked again in few weeks time hope ur ok.

Hiya hun

As Naterjack said, I wouldn't worry too much, as they will keep an eye on it. Try not to stress out over it as that will make it go up more! :hug:

I saw my midwife on tueday and she told me my blood pressure was high (just checked my notes and it's 140/75), she said they would keep an eye on it and have to go back in a few weeks with a urine sample and they will check it again.

All you can really do is try to relax as much as you can, and try not to worry before you actually go in to see you midwife as that can make your bp shoot up!

Thanks ladies,
When I started I was perfect 120/70, but 2nd time was 135/85. Last time it was 142/87. My MIL has given me a blood pressure monitor to do at home, hoping that it is lower away from doctor, it was 137/87 tonight, so obviously is just generally high :(

By rights they should take you BP at least 2 times in a row because it's amazing how much lower the 2nd reading can be and it was just nerves etc for the first one!
I've got a blood pressure machine and just staying quiet or talking can alter it quite a bit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back