going on holiday....

cherelle

Reaction score
Well my amazing nan has booked me and her a holiday for 2 weeks to egypt! I cant believe it!!!!

Ive managed to get the time off work and we fly next Tuesday but im wondering if i need to know anything about flying when pregnant?

I wonder if i have to get a doctors note to fly or anything? And what are the rules on sunbathing when pregnant? Ill be about 23 weeks when we go x

only thing i can suggest is dont stay in your seat on the plane and keep moving your feet when sat down just ring the surgery and ask :) my sister sun bathed when pregnant

Or get a set of TED stockings from Boots to keep the circulation and reduce swelling..... think are you ok to fly, it's only when you are further along you need a doctors certificate but check with the airline you are flying with and make sure you have the adequate health insurance. Have a fab time, lucky you x

I know midnight lol sooooo jealous, she sounds like a gem! x

awww shes amazing and it was such a suprise!! i think shes spending some of her inheritance - its lovely to spend some time with her because we are very close and i live in Cardiff wheras my family are all in Nottingham so i miss her!

Baby will be well travelled before he's even here :) x

You can fly no problems and dont need a doctors note until after 28 weeks. Ive done 2 trips back and forth to turkey and will be doing another before this baby is born. Flyings not a problem as long as you have no pregnancy complications. Also some airports dont let you through metal detectors when pregnant so make sure you tell them.

thanks beth that makes me feel a lot better! and theres no mistaking im pregnant my bump is huge now lol - i just sorry for the people that have to witness me in a bikini, my size 10 days are well and truly behind me!! x

Lol Cherelle, we were going to go on holiday too and funny enough to Egypt next month but not going to bother going, but I do tell you one thing, I would of loved to of got in a bikini to show off my wee offering of a bump.... at least I wouldn't of had to hold my gut in trying to look lean lol x Be proud and stick it out x

Last edited:
Awwww, happy travels Cherrelle! All these lovely Nans on here!

I would second what the girls say and keep your legs and feet mobile. Enjoy yourself and look after you and your boy xxx

Last edited:
I want your nan ;)
I think pregnant women in bikinis look so cute showing of there bumps and as hopeful says at least you won't have to hold your tummy in ;)
Have a great time!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a fab time but are you innoculated to go? We tried to get a last minute trip to Eqypt but wouldn't have had the necessary innoculations to go and not sure about what you can have when pregnant, think they at least advise malaria tablets.

Last edited:
My sister and her Hubby went to Egypt for their honeymoon last November and i'm sure they had to have jabs before they went. Please don't quote me on that though but i'm sure thats what happened. Also don't drink their water!

Have a fantastic time though hun! :)

xxx

ive just booked my holiday haha weekend break at easter with haven fancy swapping pmsl

you will get hands on experience with 4 kids :) go on you know you want too

Wow....I need a Nan/Granny/Nana - I don't mind what she wants to be called!

So jealous hun Egypt is my most want to visit place have a lovely lovely time xx

Pinky I would not go near a bikini at the moment lol I seen to have put weight on bloody everywhere and my legs were not that thin to begin with! x

Midnight at least you are going away hun! The furthest I am going to get is Cambridge in Feb when I go to see my mate lol x

ive just booked my holiday haha weekend break at easter with haven fancy swapping pmsl

Cant beat a haven holiday :):):):dance:

My 5 year old has a ball lol

Enjoy egypt hun xxx

Last edited:
Wow how exciting for you! You should check the airlines to see if they have any rules and regulations, at 23 weeks you should be fine though! I will be 29 weeks when we go away & I need to have a doctors note to present to the airline when booking in! Ihope it all goes smoothly. As for sunbathing I think us preggies get a tan quicker due to the pigment in our skin so id be careful ! especially going to somewhere as lovely and luxurious as Egypt. Have a lovely time ! x

Last edited:
im only going thanks to the family fund :) i got it paid for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back