is it normal to loose weight when drop night feed

hugsy

Reaction score
as it says on the tin, we have dropped her night feeds this week but she looks like shes lost weight as a result, obviously she is having less clories although not that much as she had been filling up on th 3am and leaving half at morning and lunch times

should i be giving a extra feed during the day to compensate

last night she left 80ml at her bed time bottle so when she stirred at 4 i was gonna feed her but by time i went down and got bottle she was asleep and didnt wake again untill 530 but didnt seem hungry ws just all smiles n laughs till oh took her down stairs n she went back asleep

just worried she isnt getting enough ( she has 4 bottles during the day of 240 ml) but still leaves 60 in the oddone

Is she sleeping through the night? If she is then I wouldnt worry! She will let u know when she is hungrier :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

ooh i dunno hun, Alyssa always leaves some of her bottles, if i can even get her to take any at all. maybe get her weighed and then do it again in a week and see if shes losing weight then get hv advice?

Is she sleeping through the night? If she is then I wouldnt worry! She will let u know when she is hungrier :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

she has a bottle at 8 n goes to bed then slept straight till 430 then i guess i was about 2 minutes downstairs and she was asleep again till just after 530 , timing is a bit hazy but she had her dummy few times before oh got up with her she was just talking n laughing so dont think she do that if she was hungry

im afraid if i re introduce the night bottle she will go back to not wanting much from her first 2

at least she is chunky enough to start with,

she is also teething at mo and has slight cold could that effect appetite

teething does mess with their appetite
are her bottles cold or cool/room temp, Alyssa refuses to take warm ones at all now especially when teething, i think shes having her top front teeth moving round now cos shes gone all snotty but hasnt got a cold, just a snotty nose and grumpy. could be the same thing for Hannah, Lyssa has been terribly fussy about bottles the last few days.

Oh maybe it is the teeth then , she does seem a bit congested but not overly bad more just a bunged nose, so hard to get at it to clear it though lol

she took most of her bottles today at least but had a bit of a funny lookin runny poo earlier so maybe she had a upset tummy last night and thats why she woulddnt take it

will see how she goes over the next few days and might go to the wednesday baby clinic and speak to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back