Insight into labour and it hurt!

kellysomer

Reaction score
Friday night i had the weirdest experience...

I was alseep and was overcome by the most painful stomach ache, well not in my tummy but in my womb by the baby. It got worse and by 5am i was crying out in pain. It was coming in waves of 1 minute excrutiating pain and then 2 minutes of easing off. Just like contractions! After a couple of hours it went. I was so petrified i thought i was miscarrying!

I phoned the midwife the next morning (i didnt realise i could call them all night and actually got told off by them when i phones as i should have come in immediatly!) They told me to come straight in and check the heartbeat. Luckily my little one was fine and the heartbeat was so loud and clear. They even said jokily that it was definatly a girls heart beat as 156bpm! (i dont beleive the wifes tale) also he/ she was moving and kicking. They said the baby sounded very healthy and kept an eye on me for an hour.

They have never come across a false labour as early as 15 weeks before but have just said if it happens again rush straight in (i live 2 mins from the hospital so not a problem). The only other thing they could think of was that the baby was pulling the umbilical cord really hard as he/she were in an awkward position and trying to move!

I am so releived to hear that heartbeat.

I just wanted to say that after all the bad press that the midwifes get i thought they were wonderful, so genuinly caring and so reassuring. They didnt have to be so nice and let me come in and lie down and hear the heart for minutes on end. They are fab at Hythe birthing centre and i just hope i can have my baby there. They are a wonderful team and i am safe knowing i am in their caring hands.

:D Its not nice to have a scare and be so worried but on the bright side i know my beans ok! :D

How strange!!

Exactly the same thing happened to me at 16 weeks - and I even called the emergency doctor out who wasn't worried and said it was probably wind or something :?

I too had equal intervals between pains and they were so bad that I was breathing through them like you would contractions - they were fine if I sat and rested and got worse if I got up and moved about, again just like labour, my whole tummy was tightening and I was so scared just as you must have been I really thought I was in labour!!

I saw the midwife the following morning who said all was fine and that these funny things can happen for no reason or like you it could have been baby trying to move etc.

I am glad you are ok and just wanted to share with you that the same thing had happened to me and now here we are at just over 20 weeks and you can now even see the little one moving from the outside now which is lovely!!

Big hugs!! I found that my 'episode' really knocked it out of me so have a good rest.

Thanks Kerry!

Yes my god it hurt! I was even more worried when the hospital said that they had never come across it before so i am glad you have!

Now i'm a little more wary of the labour!!!!!!!! :oops:

Thanks for sharing your story with me, do you think it has any bearing on premature labour? I am really worried now that my baby will be really early?

No - I think it's just one of those things, you will be fine.

Don't let it worry you about labour - its completely different as you won't be as worried when in labour at 40 weeks as you were when you thought you were in labour at 15 weeks!! :wink:

Lots of love
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back