A scary time and a very long post!!

Laura_James&Amber

Reaction score
Hey girls, how are you all, hope you and LO's are well. Haven't been on here for a couple of days as I had a stay in hospital :( On thursday night we had a take away as it was James' (OH) birthday. An hour later I started to get a pain which I thought was indigestion but it got worse and worse, it was so bad I couldn't stand up or lie down, I was doubled over in agony but still thought it was indigestion, just thought I had it bad. James phoned NHS direct, they said to phone the delivery suite as I needed to go to hospital, I told James not to phone as I really thought it was indigestion and he said "I'm sorry but i'm phoning them, theres no way this is just indigestion, you need to go to hospital, stop being so stubborn" so he phoned and they sent an ambulance out but by this point I was in so much pain I didn't protest, it was excruciating and I was in tears. James looked terrified. The ambulance was here within 5 minutes and took me straight there, no messing about. I was examined and by this point screaming in agony, I had to do a water sample which was difficult as I could barely stand up but with James' help I managed it. I was given a tablet to help with the pain, they said it would start to work after 20 minutes and they left me to it, an hour late I'm still in agony, pain not getting any better and James looking so scared. The doctor came to check on me but wouldn't do anything. Then the pain got worse and James went to get the doctors and M/W's, a doctor and three M/W's came in, examined me and strapped me up to the monitors to check the baby which made it all worse because I really could not lie down but somehow in the end I managed it by biting my hand and squeezing James' hand! Then they told me they thought I was in labour and fear just shot through me and I said "please don't let anything happen to my baby, why am i in labour, my waters haven't broken" and they said " we think your in labour because of the pain you are experiencing, baby's heart rate is very fast and your stomach is very tight and feels like it is contracting. Your waters don't need to break, the baby could come out still in its sack" I was absolutely terrified, James was terrified and couldn't cope seeing me in so much pain and I truly was in agony, I can't describe the pain I was in. They did an internal which I found very uncomfortable and very painful. But james was there by my side holding my hand and stroking my face, he was fab and a huge support. I also had a M/W the other side of me telling me how to breath through the pain in my stomach and the pain of the internal. Usually I would have been embarrasssed about having to reveal myself but at this point I really did not care who saw what. Good news was that my cervix was closed and I didn't seem to be in labour, bad news was that they tore the neck of my womb (I yelped in pain when I felt this) and there was a lot of blood, they tried to hide what was going on but I heard them whispering, looked up and saw blood and Jame's tried to turn my face away so I couldn't see but it was too late and I shouted "what have you done, why am i bleeding" I didn't mean to sound so rude but I didn't like not knowing what was going on and I was still in absolute agony. After all this I was given a sedative so I could sleep, and they needed to keep an eye on me and baby as there was still a chance of labour starting. James got sent home but I fell asleep straight away and when I woke up the pain had gone but I felt very confused and forgot where I was, then I remembered and remembered what had happened and fell asleep again. Then a while later a M/W came in and woke me up because me and baby needed to be checked over, we were both fine and out of danger and they were 100 per cent certain labour wouldn't start. The doctor came in and told me I had food poisining from the take away. I really could not beleive it. I was concerned that I hadn't coped with the pain or the internal and so spoke to the M/W about it and said I was worried I wouldn't cope with labour but she said the pain I had experienced was worse than labour and I also managed with out pain relief, she said it might not feel like i coped but she said i coped really well even with the internal and that when I am in labour the pain won't be constant like it was before and I will have the option of pain relief, she said I did really well not to have anything. They also said I would bleed for a couple of days because of the tearing but I haven't bled since yesterday afternoon which is great. I was dicharged and James came to get me and came in with a big smile on his face and a big hug and said he was so happy I was coming home (i was only away for a night!) He also said he was proud of the way I handled things and thought I did really well. I've been told to rest over the weekend and james won't stop fussing over me. I was still drowsy from the tablet they gave me so kept falling asleep in front of the tv and james kept bringing me drinks and whenever i got up to go to the loo, he'd say " where are you going? sit back down you need to rest, you should be in bed" and i told him i was just going to the loo and that i wanted to stay downstairs, so he said "aright but as soon as your off the loo, get back to resting". I think he's had a bit of a scare. So its been a very eventful couple of days! I just wanted to say to you girls that if you ever have a take away, be really careful. I don't want to scare you, I just want you to all be aware because I don't want anything like this happening to any of you
:hug: :hug: :hug:

oh my god sounds like you really been through the mill hun hope your feeling better now xxxxxxxxx

you poor thing what a horrible thing to have to go through and how worrying for you both.
Im so pleased you are all ok and it may be an idea to keep off the take aways from now on :hug:

So sorry to hear what a time you've just had Laura, but so glad that you and LO are safe and sound :hug: James sounds like a star!
Take care of yourselves,
Sarah x

Ive just finished a chinese takeaway!!

Sounds awful and i bet you were so scared. Really pleased it wasnt anything too serious in the end but sorry it was so horrible for you. Bet you are glad you are home.

Claire x

Awww hunny, im so sorry you had to suffer that. At least you coped well and had great support by the sound of it.

big hugs :hug:

im so happy everything turned ok
u poor thing u must have been in so much pain, thank god u and baby are ok

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

OMG how scary. Glad your ok now. Thats great your OH was such a good support! :hug:

So sorry to hear you were so poorly. Glad you are recovering now.

I had a serious bout of food poisoning years ago where I had chronic pain as you described. It only stopped after about 12 hours when I threw my guts up so badly. Felt like someone was ripping my stomach out the whole time.

I hope you have contacted enviromental health over this and reported the takeaway. Chances are the hospital might have done so but you should also.

If it was Chinese it may well have been the rice as unless it is piping hot when reheated it can cause food poisoning. Usually the culprit.

Feel better soon :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sorry you had such a scare - i want to reassure you that labour is a different sort of pain and i have DEFINITELY had worse from dodgy food so don't panic.

And internals are never nice so extra :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Glad you're ok laura :hug: :hug:

That must have been really scary for you and your OH :hug:

Oh my, how scary Laura! You poor thing. I'm so glad to hear that you are all OK now, not a nice experience. Make sure you get plenty of rest now. xxx

God that must have been terrifying for you, glad you're okay tho and that james is looking after you :hug:

Blimey tht sounds like it was really scary! Glad you and your LO are ok :hug: x

what an ordeal you have been through, hope your feeling much better now. What a scare. :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back