AmandaPanda at the hospital

Hope she's ok and she's being well looked after. I'm laughing at her thinking about her tesco shopping :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope all goes well for Amanda and she's back home safe and well soon x

Hope you are doing ok hun - glad everything is fine xxx

Lexus have you heard anything from Amanda today?
X

Well guys, I had another txt to say she was being kept in for deffo and she hadn't even seen the doc and that was last night! I wanted to wait to say anything until I knew more but just asked how she was getting on. Havent had a reply yet but I will keep u posted as soon as I do.

I know up to last night she had no more bleeding and could still feel bubba so was more frustrated at staying in hospital than worried

Xxx

Thanks Hun, hope she's ok. I hate being stuck in hospital!
X

Hi guys, just a quick message to say I'm back home thank God. Me and baby are fine....just tired now, don't know how anyone sleeps in a hospital it's so noisy!! Will update a little more tomorrow. Thanks for all your kind messages...me and my little tap dancer are happy to be home :) xxx

awww good chick thats great get a good sleep 2nite x

OOOOOOO thats brilliant to hear your home amanda, had a gut wrenching feeling when i read the opening post.
we are both having our little bubbas so close to each other and was so horrible to hear what was happening.
all well now tho i hope.

Good luck amanda. x x

Glad you're home!!!
Been thinking about you and came on this thread first this morning.
)
:)
X

Glad your home safe and everythings going well hun x

Awww thanks all. Yes I was admitted because I had some 'unprovoked bleeding' on Fri morning...it was just there when I wiped, made me so worried! I've had 2 instances of bleeding before but both were after sex but this time it was completely out the blue! I remembered at my 20 week scan when they said I had a low lying placenta that I had to ring up if I had any bleeding at all as it would need to be checked out to see if I was losing placenta.

Nethertheless I still went to work and didn't want to make a fuss so I thought I'd wait till lunchtime and then ring...but the girls at work all said I should ring straight away, so I did and they told me that I had to come straight in to Triage in the maternity emergencies dept. So off I went, in the middle of a really heavy snowstorm - just my luck! Got assessed straight away by midwife and she found the heartbeat easily and I could feel baby kicking away so I wasn't too worried. A junior doc then assessed me and said that the normal procedure was to admit anyone with a low lying placenta who has bleeding for 24 hour monitoring, but because my bleeding had already stopped I would probably be able to go home. But then the senior doc who was busy in theatre sent down the directive that I was to be admitted!! I was not happy! As Lex said, I had a Tesco shop being delivered at 7pm, no clothes, my battery on my phone was low and my husband was in London!! Plus what about my poor cat? Husband was travelling up that night but wouldn't get here till 11.30pm. None of my friends have keys to my flat. I asked my friend if he could go up to mine and feed the cat but he just said 'not in this snow, she'll have to wait till your husband gets there'. Pissed me off a bit, because the snow had stopped by this point and I'd told him I was sat in wet clothes and he just said 'you'll have to wear a hospital gown'. Thought cheers mate!! I guess i was asking too much for him to come to the hospital to get keys, go to my flat and then come back to the hospital.....so I had to stay the whole day and night in my work clothes. The lady in the bed next to me had a spare new toothbrush and got her husband to bring it in when he visited which was kind, but other than that I had nothing for 24 hours. Couldn't have a shower cause they don't even provide towels, so by the morning I felt so grubby and smelly, sat in the clothes I'd had to sleep in, my hair greasy, I was just so fed up!!

Hubby had arrived late Fri night obviously couldn't visit that late. Doc gave me the ok to be discharged at 10.30am but i was stil there at 2pm waiting for the midwife to come back to sign the discharge papers! In the end I got really upset and said I was going to discharge myself as I felt so skanky and knew Doc had given me the ok to go home....she then turned up within 5 mins and was a bit moody with me saying 'I've only got one pair of hands' but I'd waited 3 and a half hours and she had said she'd only be a little while! If I'd known it would have taken so long, I'd have got hubby to come in with fresh clothes and he could have kept me company, but as it was I thought I'd only be an hour so I told him it wasn't worth him coming in and I'd be home shortly in a taxi! Anyway finally got home at around 3pm - so happy to be home. Have had no more bleeding since the first initial bleed at 7am on Fri, just have to take it easy and go straight back if I have anymore bleeding. They said bleeding is very normal at this stage of pregnancy,the only reason they were concerned was because my low lying placenta can cause complications.

I know they were just being cautious, it's just the whole experience was made worse because I had none of my possessions on me to make me more comfortable and had no plan for someone to be able to feed my cat. I need my husband in Sheffield with me!! So a lesson learned is to have a plan for the future - give some friends some door keys so at least they can get in to feed my cat! xx

I'm pleased that your home and all is well. You will have to take a bag everywhere with you with all the essentials in it just in case. xx

I'm glad it turned out ok, you must have got a scare! Crap about having no clean clothes! And can't believe they don't provide towels!
X

Did u get a good sleep last night? Anything has to be better than the hospital tho doesn't it! Btw, ur 'friend' seems a bit non friendish!!

Yeah I've finally caught up on my sleep :) Have phoned in sick to work today, am fine really but just fancied taking it easy today! Yes the 'friend' is actually my ex who I am still good friends with and he's always been a lazy sod!! I find it hard to ask for help from people, I hate putting people out so I thought I'd just suffer for 24 hours rather than ask anyone else! Thanks for the updates Lexus, you did a grand job....good practice for the birth, lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back