Induction with unfavourable cervix?

hi, i was induced when i had grace. i was unfavourable too. i had the pessery thursday night and friday morning. They tried breaking my waters on friday evening but i was not dilated enough. they left me overnight and tried my waters again on sat at 12 noon. it worked that time and i had my little girl at 11.57 that evening. i was put on a drip to help strengthen the contractions. i felt that the pain was more intense than a natural birth but it was all over in 12 hours. i was in labour for 29 hours with my first............. i had gas and air and pethadine but you can always get an epidural if you need it. i had a good birth experience with both my babies so go with what ever you think works best for you.

Squiglet said:
Well with an unfavourable cervix, when they start you off, be prepared for a long labour. Basically the gels and drips will take longer to get the cervix open if its tight shut (obviously)...

Thats not always true, it all depends on the individual person. I had a very unfavorable cervix to the point they were unsure if inducing me would work yet my established labour was only an hour and half, I was having contractions for around 2 hours before hand but the MW's said they were the gel giving me them and they werent real (she said something better than that but I cant remember lol) and she checked me around 10:30pm and I was still only half a CM (the same as when she put my gel tablet in) and Harrison was born at 12:35am :)

To be honest hun, I dont mean to sound rude but I really wouldnt worry about other peoples labour stories because every labour is different. When I was pregnant I would read peoples and get myself all worried because theirs wasn't a pleasant experience or it was really long and I thought mine would be the same but it wasnt. Dont feel like a failure you're doing right by you and your daughter hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry for rambling on :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back