Induction due to SPD/Simular - Your experiences

happy-chick

Reaction score
Has anyone been induced due to SPD or anything else around or earlier than your due date? What are your experiences?

Im being referred to see consultant to discuss induction, not sure what he will say etc but hopefully he will listen to me and take everything into account, im hoping to be booked for induction around my due date. I would much prefer to go into labour naturally but im in so much pain and its really really getting me down, not sure how much long I can do it to be honest.

Any advice or experiences wud be great. Thanks in advance :)

:wave:

I don't know if its similar but I seen the consultant, told him how I couldn't cope with SPD anymore, and he booked me for CS at 38 weeks. He never mentioned being induced though...... :think:

It was all great, I had a wonderful birth experience (posted in New arrivals), am totally pain free and got a beautiful daughter and my due date wasn't til the 2nd of Jan.......and I bet I would have gone over :roll:

Would you consider a section? I don't know if you can choose to have one if you have not already had one before....... :think:

Hi there :hug:

Just saw this. I had c-section due to SPD. I was on cruches, and basically couldnt not only walk, but even sitting standing etc. was painfull. So my baby boy was born vie-c-section at 38+5(or 4) dont remember now. And it was the most amazing experience. I was affraid to give birth naturally, because I thought, if I have it so severe now, there is a chance baby might damage my pelvis even more. After the operation I still felt pain due to SPD, but it couldnt be compared to what I had before. It alltogether dissapiered after about 2 weeks. Having the c-section was the best decision I could possibly make. Good luck with your baby, hun! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks ladies! Yeah im supposed to be on crutches but feel to embarrased to use em so basically not really been going out, also feeling very depressed due to it which isnt helping :(

I really dont want a csection if I can help it though... so do you think induction is an option :think: sounds like maybe not if u we'rent offered it.

I really don't know if you can be induced, I was gonna ask but then kinda got swept away with everything else. I was induced at 32 weeks last time so don't see why it wouldn't be a possibility....unless it is in case you damage your pelvis even more.

Hope you get what you want though hun :hug:

Thanks hun, will hopefully find out more on Thursday. I've really had enough now, just want her here and it to be over with or at least have a date to look to kinda thing.

Will keep u informed x

I am nnot completely sure what was wrong (as none actually checked)with me but I do beleive it was SPD which started on my due date. I was having real problems walking, bending and turning in bed. It got so bad 8 days after my due date that I couldn't even move. My hubby called the maternity ward and they asked me to come in.

I went in and they arranged to induce me later that night.

I was given the Gel at 9pm and went into labour at midnight. 9 hours later I had my lo in my arms.

The labour pains were not picked up by the monitors and the mw didn't beleive that I was in labour. All my pain was in my lower back and pelvis and nothing like period like pains which I was told by other mums that it was a back labour I had. (never heard of that before) and maybe it was because of the SPD.

It did take 14 days after I gave birth, for my mobility to get back to almost normal, but I still get the odd pains every couple of hours.

Hope this helps. xxx

You've done so much already I would personally try and hold out, but obviously I didn't suffer SPD so cannot imagine how uncomfortable it is :hug: :hug: :hug: I found my induction quite stressful, and painful, but then I didn't want it, and it made my contractions come on thick and fast, but that was the drip induction, a sweep may be all you need to get started :) Very best wishes with however you get to meet your LO, do what's right for you :hug:

Yeah thats great NIE that really helps, hopefully my consultant will be compassionate and understand the pain of SPD cos some MW's ive seen just seem to brush it off as 'one of those pregnancy things' :roll:

Thanks Redshoes for your experience. To be honest you say your induction was stressful & painful but thats what im experiencing everyday with the SPD so wud rather have it over with if that makes sense. Its really making me depressed and its not good for me or baby if im feeling like this... in my eyes the sooner the better as the pain doesnt matter to me anymore.

happy_chick said:
Yeah thats great NIE that really helps, hopefully my consultant will be compassionate and understand the pain of SPD cos some MW's ive seen just seem to brush it off as 'one of those pregnancy things' :roll:

Don't let them fob you off. I wish I was firmer with them, but then I only suffered for a few weeks, but I think I still might need to see a physio as I don't want there to be any lasting damage.

Keep us updated on how you are getting on. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back